Who will bounce back better after getting absolutely destroyed by Ortega? Cub or Frankie?

Who will bounce back better after getting destroyed by Ortega?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a little gross they're letting Frankie fight this soon I think. He's gonna have that in mind and put on his best dancing shoes methinks. Get back to basics.
I hope it is enough. I don't expect Cub to have stellar TDD but he knows what to expect from Frankie.

I think Frankie is better than Cub but both guys are on the decline and neither is much of a contender anymore.

Frank's tough to say, it's 1 fight, could go either way. Cub's been KO'd and dominated before several times and tends to come back strong.

I would be more likely to bet on Frankie than Cub winning their next fights, irrespective of the opponent.

I guess it's always possible this is the beginning of the end for Edgar, but I'll believe that when I see it and not before.

I think Frankie will be okay. I'm not entirely convinced on that whole recovering from a KO thing. Bisping did come back way too soon but dude has been knocked out a lot and I don't think if he had more time he would have avoided or eaten that big punch.

Edgar turns 37 this year and he is not a hw. He is tough as nails bit it will be a downhill road of knockouts if he keeps fighting.

Cub didn't get destroyed though?

He was pretty much dominating the stand up and got choked out.

Frankie will win their fight because I don't think Cub can stop his wrestling. Careerwise it's hard to tell. Frankie is a little older and has a lot more mileage, Frankie has had a lot of tough fights.
It's a little gross they're letting Frankie fight this soon I think. He's gonna have that in mind and put on his best dancing shoes methinks. Get back to basics.
He's probably going to just hold Cub down for 3 rounds :(

Frankie will win their fight because I don't think Cub can stop his wrestling. Careerwise it's hard to tell. Frankie is a little older and has a lot more mileage, Frankie has had a lot of tough fights.

He's probably going to just hold Cub down for 3 rounds :(

I think we'll get some scrambles.

I think we'll get some scrambles.
I don't have high hopes for this fight being very entertaining. the fact that Frankie was just knocked out will probably make him more cautious and make him try his very best to just keep Cub down.

I don't have high hopes for this fight being very entertaining. the fact that Frankie was just knocked out will probably make him more cautious and make him try his very best to just keep Cub down.

I do expect Safe Frankie to show.

So as we all know Brian Ortega finished both Cub Swanson and Frankie Edgar respectively as his last two opponents, and neither Cub nor Frankie have fought yet since Ortega finished them brutally.

This is the first time that Brian Ortega's consecutive wins are facing each other, which makes this fight really interesting, despite the first fight being a one sided blow out.

Simple question, who do you think will bounce back after losing to Ortega?

Do you think Frankies chin is finally shot and that he is done know? Similarly Cub has only one KO loss (like Edgar) on his record years ago to Aldo in the WEC, maybe all the fights over the years have caught up on him too?

Maybe Frankie is showing his age and finally starting to slow down, despite looking good against Ortega, but so did Cub and he has looked the same in his last few fights too.

I think this fight we will finally see Frankie really deteriorate. I mean, he looked ok against Ortega, but the years are finally starting to catch up on him. Cub had the cold when he was fighting Ortega so that makes me think that he would have done a bit better if he didn't have that cold.

For those that haven't seen how Ortega beat either, here are the finishes for Cub and Frankie.

Cubs loss.

Q0OWA9.gif

Frankies loss.

EDGER.gif
Bumping this thread cos OPs post reads well. With less than 24 hours remaining till these two throw down, what's everyone thinking now?

Is this the start of Frankie's decline, hastened by a fast 6 week turnaround fresh off his first ever KO?

Or is this gonna be a three round econo-frankie who secures the TD and grinds out a UD over 3 rounds?

Cub is paying 6.5:1 for a KO win. I might put a cheeky twenty on that. It's really a bet against Edgar's state of mind more than anything else.

Bumping this thread cos OPs post reads well. With less than 24 hours remaining till these two throw down, what's everyone thinking now?

Is this the start of Frankie's decline, hastened by a fast 6 week turnaround fresh off his first ever KO?

Or is this gonna be a three round econo-frankie who secures the TD and grinds out a UD over 3 rounds?

Cub is paying 6.5:1 for a KO win. I might put a cheeky twenty on that. It's really a bet against Edgar's state of mind more than anything else.
I’m super duper excited for this!!

I am expecting Frankie to be a bit ummm, different after such a quick turn around after being brutally knocked out.

But Frankie can easily just do what you said and go eco mode and like last time just wrestle fuck cub...

Back