Who will be the next undisputed king of HW Boxing?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by wildchild88, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Philtard

Philtard Black Belt

He isn't a world class athlete. He's never been a great athlete. He's got great boxing for a big man.

Nowadays technique is under rated compared to athletic ability.

MMA MASTER likes this.
  2. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

i didn't mean it in terms of his athleticism, i meant it as in an athlete competing at the highest level. and i agree that he isn't one, either way... which is why i'm baffled anyone would consider him relevant in the current HW landscape.

he isn't nearly as good as people make him out to be. he was surprisingly quick and agile for a man his size, and his technique was clean. but even the fury that beat klitschko would look like a fool against AJ or wilder, or even ortiz. his biggest victory was dethroning wlad, but that fight was hardly impressive. it was a staring contest and the punch numbers were ridiculous, and yet people still act as if he's this boxing magician that outclassed klitschko.

Philtard and 4daLuLZ like this.
  3. MC Paul Barman

MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Platinum Member

I do like AJ... and maybe I need to watch some more recent fights. Earlier on I thought he looked alittle too wooden in the ring.
    But, he did open up and get a bit more loose after Klitschko dropped him. Then he seemed a lot more relaxed and fluid.

Either way it will be a great fight.

Philtard likes this.
  4. Bert415

Bert415 Orange Belt

He was unstable and doing coke when he beat Klitschko. If he comes back, and I think he will, he will be a tough fight for Wilder or Joshua.

Jonny Ninja and Philtard like this.
  5. 4daLuLZ

4daLuLZ Purple Belt

Tyson Fury never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Phisher and Philtard like this.
  6. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Black Belt

Jean Pierre Augustin

7. listrahtes

listrahtes Brown Belt

I am not so sure with "whole country behind him". I talked to quite some british who are no fans of his.
    His "black race is superior" bullshit he wrote (hacked I know :rolleyes:) some time ago combined with his religious change to islam (its obvious) is somewhat controversial even if he now keeps all this private. Who makes a photo of himself with sunglasses in a mosque?

He is some kind of black supremacist and tends to go on the extreme side while doing the classic victimizing himself in social media.
    AJ

Its a dangerous combination and sadly just fits well together with radical islam.

With AJ I always get a complete fake vibe as soon as he speaks in public.

8. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

I think some people do over rate him but a lot of fans also don't take his size in to consideration; its a massive advantage. Wlad couldn't bully him and wasn't prepared to take risks as he would get hit so the fight was as it was.
    He has an enormous size advantage over the 2 best guys, better footwork and is a better boxer than both. Factor in his size, he will be a problem for both of those guys if he comes back with his head right

wildchild88 likes this.
  9. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

Watched the Joshua/Wlad fight again last night for the first time since the fight. Hes in real trouble if hes hurt or gasses against wilder, he won't be let off the hook. Actually quite impressed with his head movement throughout the whole fight, but worry that hes too predictable slipping the jab. I think Wilder can land that right before he can counter because there is a massive speed difference. very surprised that he got up from that right hand, id definitely give Joshua the edge in durability but both of these guys have decent chins it seems, and heart
    Still slightly favour Joshua because wilder is so easy to hit. And this time he's facing a guy that's as long as him. Joshua’s already had that with wlad

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  10. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

Joshua IMO

11. actjac

actjac Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh

The winner of the biggest fight in history. . . .Wilder vs Fury in about 3 or 4 years.

12. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

It's absolutely amazing to me that people would pick Fury over Wilder (or Joshua) for this, that's some delusion right there

randomg1t and Jonny Ninja like this.
  13. RR

RR Step into the lab Staff Member Senior Moderator

Deontay is and will continue to be.

14. cocksure

cocksure Red Belt

Did you see the 7th Rd?
    Do you know who Anthony Joshua is?
    Ever thought of cutting back on the mushrooms?

15. wildchild88

wildchild88 Purple Belt

This is true, the size difference and the fact that Fury is the superior tactician will be a factor.

16. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

So much different from Joshua getting the shit knocked out of him by Wlad right?

17. Philtard

Philtard Black Belt

The same Wlad who is ten times the opposition wilder has ever faced and actually came to fight after his lack luster performance against fury. No bones about it joshua is the A side.

18. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

That version of Wlad who just lost to Fury is 10x better than Ortiz? No, no he is not lol.

I didnt mention any A side. I simply said Joshuas fight with Wlad isnt different than Wilders with Ortiz.

19. Philtard

Philtard Black Belt

Did you watch that fight? Vlad was more game than he'd been in his previous outings by far. That was a reignited vlad after the fury loss. That wlad is by far and away a better boxer than Ortiz. Though Ortiz is a respectable win. Deontays best win by far and that isn't hard to achieve..

The wlad fight was AJ's 19th fight. I wonder who was Deontay s? Who knows? It'd be a huge can though.

How you draw any comparisons I don't know. Incredibly short sighted your statement.

20. MC Paul Barman

MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Platinum Member

Did Tim Witherspoon vs Frank Bruno have this kind of build up to it before their fight?