Who will be the next two weightclass champ?

Da Killa

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Seems nowadays people rate having two belts over having multiple title defenses. Defending your belt is old hat, its all about having two+ belts. So who do you think are potential candidates for a double belt next?

If Dillashaw takes the belt from CG, do you think they'll do a fight with him vs MM? After all Dillashaw has said he can make the weight.

Seems to me Holloway should gun for a rematch with Conor at 155. That would be the ultimate revenge if he could take Conor's title away from him and leave him beltless.

If GSP takes the belt from Bisping he could go straight for the WW belt after.

Jones really should just give HW a go and fight Stipe. If he loses we'll understand, after all he isn't a HW.

In terms of potential, it's Jon Jones with the best shot at it. But I could see TJ beating Cody and moving down much quicker. 2018 timeframe.

Jon Jones
TJ Dillashaw
Mighty Mouse
GSP
Cody Garbrandt
Amanda Nunes
Cris Cyborg

I really don't think Jon is going to make a run at HW.

I think DJ will be the second. Dude really needs to get better marketability.

Mighty Mouse could do it with some difficulty. JJ will likely be the next. Jones could do it but I don't see him going to HW any time soon.

Valentina Shevchenko if they open a 125lbs weight class and crown a champion.

You must have missed his most recent octagon interview.
Brock still has a suspension to serve last I checked. Still, let me correct myself. I don't see him gunning for the title or working up the HW rankings any time soon.

Jon Jones
TJ Dillashaw
Mighty Mouse
GSP
Cody Garbrandt
Amanda Nunes
Cris Cyborg
I see JJ as the one most likely to get it first. As soon as TUF 26 establishes the 125 division champ, I see JJ challenging for (and winning) the belt. I also think Shevchenko has more potential than either Nunes or Cyborg of ruling 2 divisions. I don't see Cyborg dropping to 135 and I don't see Nunes defeating Cyborg. Shevchenko has a better chance of defeating both Nunes and JJ.

Simultaneously? No one. That was a privilege given to only McGregor.

I could se DJ or Jones doing it, but I don't know where Dana's heads at when it comes to those gents.

Valentina Shevchenko if they open a 125lbs weight class and crown a champion.
The question is "Who will be the next 2 weight class champ?," and I predict JJ will beat Valentina to it. Once JJ gets it, though, and assuming Val beats Amanda, I think Val will be our next dual title holder.

Seems nowadays people rate having two belts over having multiple title defenses. Defending your belt is old hat, its all about having two+ belts. So who do you think are potential candidates for a double belt next?

If Dillashaw takes the belt from CG, do you think they'll do a fight with him vs MM? After all Dillashaw has said he can make the weight.

Seems to me Holloway should gun for a rematch with Conor at 155. That would be the ultimate revenge if he could take Conor's title away from him and leave him beltless.

If GSP takes the belt from Bisping he could go straight for the WW belt after.

Jones really should just give HW a go and fight Stipe. If he loses we'll understand, after all he isn't a HW.
Easy. Joanna J. followed by Valentina S. JJ's a slam dunk but both have a better chance of obtaining dual division titles sooner than the names you mentioned.

Holm vs Cyborg is booked

Cyborg gets flagged by USADA

Holm vs GDR 2 for interim title

Holm, former BW champ, future FW interim champ

Back