Who will be the first UFC fighter to fight at 50 years old?

lead20-660x400.png

Anyone remember the 68 year old lady who fought in Sparta?

THIS SHIT IS GOLD! THAHA

I don’t think any 50yo is willing to go balls to the wall through an 8-12 week training camp let alone the weight cut.

Machida's 40 and he can still hold his own. If he keeps getting old veterans or complete noobs he could keep fighting for another 5 years perhaps. Not that I particularly want that but he seems to.

When I was younger, and I'm still young, I thought the same thing but I know what guys look like at 50 now. No one wants to see them fight.

They do Bellator legends match ups at 35+ and Bellator has already had some close calls. 50.. you think you wanna see that until you see what your favorite fighter looks like at 50. No one wants to see that.

Ken Shamrock was 52 when he fought his last fight in Bellator.

Obviously, part of the trick is to have them fight someone who is also older.
Even a 35-40 yr old would be too dangerous for them.

But there is a lot of interest in Ken’s fights.

How old was Randy when he retired, 49? I don’t see anyone else making it to 50, but I really thought Randy was going to. I don’t think he gets enough credit on here for basically being a top-3 LHW/HW for almost the entire duration of his 40s, pretty much fighting only champs like Chuck, Tito, Vitor, Sylvia, Brock, Big Nog and Machida. There was a time when his name was mentioned with the GOATs. I think it’s time we start giving the ONLY 5x champ some more respeck.

Back