Who will be the first UFC fighter to fight at 50 years old?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
EDIT: BESIDES RON VAN CLIEF. who fought at 51 years old at UFC 4 against Royce Gracie

In the UFC. Im not talking about fighters like Royce and Ken Shamrock or whoever fighting in other organizations.

Inside the Octagon in the UFC. Who will be the first to do it at age 50 or above?

Will it be a Dan Henderson come back?

In the UFC. Im not talking about fighters like Royce and Ken Shamrock or whoever fighting in other organizations.

Inside the Octagon in the UFC. Who will be the first to do it at age 50 or above?

Will it be a Dan Henderson come back?
The 2 guys I see that have the best chance (physically speaking) would be jon jones and Demetrious Johnson. They don't take a lot of damage in fights. But heavier fighters seem to have longer careers so I could see Jones able to fight at 50, but I don't actually see him doing it.

Outside of that, I'd imagine some Japanese fighters could due to their slow aging genetics.

Last edited:
No one. USADA. Old dudes in the past stayed competitive by making their bodies, aside from injuries, biologically 20 but even better, like 10 times better than a natural 20 year old.

It will be jones because he will spend 10+ years suspended

Probably Mighty Mouse

Makes McDonald's money and takes no damage

Conor when he runs out of coke money

lead20-660x400.png

Anyone remember the 68 year old lady who fought in Sparta?

No one. USADA. Old dudes in the past stayed competitive by making their bodies, aside from injuries, biologically 20 but even better, like 10 times better than a natural 20 year old.

I guarantee there will be a legend who fights at 50 years old. It might be a legends match
or a comeback from a retired fighter. But It will happen for sure

It might be someone like a Jones or Cormier, Conor, etc... one of the goats who comes back to fight a young current champion

Eric Silva.

He'll be 50 years old, look like he just graduated high school, and be called the future GOAT.

Nobody will. Even if USADA wasnt a factor. Only way it could happen is if they introduce a veterans division (which is unlikely) or anti-aging type processes advance rapidly in the next few decades while the UFC is still alive.

I guarantee there will be a legend who fights at 50 years old. It might be a legends match
or a comeback from a retired fighter. But It will happen for sure

It might be someone like a Jones or Cormier, Conor, etc... one of the goats who comes back to fight a young current champion
When I was younger, and I'm still young, I thought the same thing but I know what guys look like at 50 now. No one wants to see them fight.

They do Bellator legends match ups at 35+ and Bellator has already had some close calls. 50.. you think you wanna see that until you see what your favorite fighter looks like at 50. No one wants to see that.

When I was younger, and I'm still young, I thought the same thing but I know what guys look like at 50 now. No one wants to see them fight.

They do Bellator legends match ups at 35+ and Bellator has already had some close calls. 50.. you think you wanna see that until you see what your favorite fighter looks like at 50. No one wants to see that.

17o4s5.jpg

50 years old is fucking old. I don’t see anyone on the current roster staying that long. I highly doubt we will ever see a 50 year old in the UFC, unless it’s a guy who started his professional career pretty late and takes little to no damage.

I dont know why anyone would want to see that,or a legends division. If your old and cant beat anyone good,retire and do the rest of the world a favor. Or go to bellator,where they dont have shame about putting on wheelchair matches.

Those guys @ 50 will need prescription medication just to stay alive and not die to diabetes, cholesterol medications to prevent heart attacks, break bones to osteoperosis, will have heart problems, etc. And the brain damage will be showing by then too. They'll be slurring their words, have poor reaction times, less intelligence, etc.

You're extrapolating that people don't age much from 20-35. That's true. But after 35, the age curve accelerates infinitely. You age more from 35-40 than you did from 20-35. 40-45 more than you did 20-40. Then 45-50 more than 20-45. 50+.. it's just dangerous putting anyone that age in the cage.

Nobody will. Even if USADA wasnt a factor. Only way it could happen is if they introduce a veterans division (which is unlikely) or anti-aging type processes advance rapidly in the next few decades while the UFC is still alive.

There is stuff going through clinical testing now that will actually reverse aging to some extent, particularly the aspects of aging related to inflammation - which is a lot of the damage which makes a fighter at 50 inferior to his 30 year old self. Whether it will be classed as a PED, I have no idea. There are rumours that some top sportsmen are already on it.

Those guys @ 50 will need prescription medication just to stay alive and not die to diabetes, cholesterol medications to prevent heart attacks, break bones to osteoperosis, will have heart problems, etc. And the brain damage will be showing by then too. They'll be slurring their words, have poor reaction times, less intelligence, etc.

You're extrapolating that people don't age much from 20-35. That's true. But after 35, the age curve accelerates infinitely. You age more from 35-40 than you did from 20-35. 40-45 more than you did 20-40. Then 45-50 more than 20-45. 50+.. it's just dangerous putting anyone that age in the cage.
What about the Alien?

Back