Who will be first to derail Khabib hype train?

Are you really trying to discredit RDA? RDA was on a 5 fight UFC win streak before the Khabib fight and coming off of a win over Cerrone.

He then went on another 5 fight UFC win streak after the Khabib loss, KOing Bendo just 4 months after losing to Khabib and winning the LW title less than a year after losing to Khabib.

If you want to throw shade at Khabib then there is material there to work with but discrediting the RDA win does not stand up against the facts.

And if you are trying to marginalize RDA then why the hell would you include a pic of RDA vs Nate with the pics of RDA vs Ferg and RDA vs Alvarez? RDA smoked Nate. That fight wasn't even close. Did you really not know that?

Last edited:
Remind me of any amazing fighter he has beaten in the last 2 years please.

The guy has legit skills... A-Level Ground and Pound. Thinking someone with amazing takedown defense and good striking. Also would like to see him test himself at 170 if he runs wild on the 155 division.

Remind me of any amazing fighter he has beaten in the last 2 years please.
its been all talk to this point.
if he gets passed the weigh ins i will be impressed. it will make 2 in a row!!
if he gets past ferg i might actually consider him a decent fighter
But so far its just all talk

He isn't hype but Tony Ferguson is going to be the ONE in 25 and 1.

1. Khabib is not hype, he's obviously an elite LW

2. It's true that Khabib lacks top wins, but...

3. He does have a few now, and he has handily beaten almost everyone put in front of him

4. I'm slightly favouring Tony at this point due to style and Tony having proven five round pace. But even if Tony beats Khabib that doesn't make Khabib mere hype. Ferguson is a beast.

Last edited:
View attachment 345493
View attachment 345495
View attachment 345487

Which fighter do you predict will be the first to derail the Khabib Nurmagomedov hype train? I'm confident his record is greatly misleading with so few UFC fights. Who has he fought besides Michael Johnson and Edson Barbosa?

I believe Khabib beats Ferguson and McGregor making him huge star. However I also predict someone we least suspect will beat him...thus shocking the world.

I believe Eddie Alvarez, Nate Diaz and Justin Gaethje have way higher chances of stopping Khabib than Conor or Tony.

Who do u see taking him out?
Probably someone who is about 13 years old right now......

As much as I like Tony I think it's 50/50% fight - Geathje very good wrestler and great inside fighter where Khabib likes to hang out. He just need to get gas tank in order and I'd pick him 90% to beat Khabib.

Beyond that nobody. He's not hype he's one of the two best LW ever, maybe the best. You're just stupid.

As much as I like Tony I think it's 50/50% fight - Geathje very good wrestler and great inside fighter where Khabib likes to hang out. He just need to get gas tank in order and I'd pick him 90% to beat Khabib.

Beyond that nobody. He's not hype he's one of the two best LW ever, maybe the best. You're just stupid.

We are on the same page. I am a big Khabib fan but I see the Ferg fight as 50/50 as well.

And I also agree that Gaethje is a fighter who possesses the necessary skill set to give Khabib major problems. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a 90% favorite but that could be a very intriguing match-up down the road.

Only 1 I see standing a real chance is retired and not in the ufc. Ben Askren

I don't see anyone at lw, outside of Tony, beating Khabib at the moment.

But didn't his father, Abdulmanap, say Khabib would retire from MMA in 2018...? Which means even if Khatib wins over Tony he will not stick around for long. Khahib should be enjoyed whilst he is here, still fighting, not speculating about his future.

View attachment 345493
View attachment 345495
View attachment 345487

Which fighter do you predict will be the first to derail the Khabib Nurmagomedov hype train? I'm confident his record is greatly misleading with so few UFC fights. Who has he fought besides Michael Johnson and Edson Barbosa?

I believe Khabib beats Ferguson and McGregor making him huge star. However I also predict someone we least suspect will beat him...thus shocking the world.

I believe Eddie Alvarez, Nate Diaz and Justin Gaethje have way higher chances of stopping Khabib than Conor or Tony.

Who do u see taking him out?
It's not a hype train when the fighter in question is actually one of the best in the world...

We are on the same page. I am a big Khabib fan but I see the Ferg fight as 50/50 as well.

And I also agree that Gaethje is a fighter who possesses the necessary skill set to give Khabib major problems. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a 90% favorite but that could be a very intriguing match-up down the road.
90 % maybe a little strong. But I think he stops Khabibs forwards pressure with heavy blows, his short kicks and great TDD. Then it's curtains for limited standup khabib. Right now Geathje doesnt have the gas tank. He even admitted in a intervew he stopped running like he did in wresting days and got lazy. He says he's going old school again with road work and wresting drills. I can't to see this progression with Dustin. But with a ferg like gas tank yeah 90%.

Everyone has someone they cant beat Geathje is only one I think is that someone. OTOH I think Ferg wrecks Geathje with reach and confusion. rock paper scissors,

any fighter who ever lost: derailed hype train

it is obvious that you dont know shit

but to be fair to that kid, on Sherdog life doesn't start at conception it starts at a Michael Johnson fight

which is hilarious because that means they probably knew there was a meme about Joe Rogan wearing a papashka on his head but they assumed it was while standing in the middle of the cage by himself staring into the middle distance holding a microphone for hours after everyone left

roganwithhat_vice_670.jpg

Back