Who Were The Fighters That Turned Down Patrick Cummins?

So you think this guy was training with all these top level guys just for the fuck of it, and they weren't trying to get him fights?

Where did I say that?

If you take the time to read what I said, you'll have a better understanding of what I'm asking.

40-50 may be hyperbole, but it's probably not too far off. Cummins is a natural LHW(which is rare at the lower levels and even higher levels of MMA) who brings in a hell of a resume from wrestling. No one who is 2-0 and is at LHW because they're pudgy and just learning MMA is gonna fight someone like him. Someone who may be pretty decent and wants to fight in the UFC someday isn't gonna fight him either since he'd be an unnecessary risk.

40-50 may be hyperbole, but it's probably not too far off. Cummins is a natural LHW(which is rare at the lower levels and even higher levels of MMA) who brings in a hell of a resume from wrestling. No one who is 2-0 and is at LHW because they're pudgy and just learning MMA is gonna fight someone like him. Someone who may be pretty decent and wants to fight in the UFC someday isn't gonna fight him either since he'd be an unnecessary risk.

Do you think it's closer to 4-5 then?

Where did I say that?

If you take the time to read what I said, you'll have a better understanding of what I'm asking.

I understood fine, it seems you don't understand how booking fights on smaller local shows works.

These large gyms are contacted weekly by promoters looking for talent and they actively seek out fights for their guys. Shit you can go on the UG right now and find tons of available fights. 40-50 is really not unreasonable.

It's not that uncommon. You have a guy with outstanding wrestling credentials capable beating anybody on the regional circuit. But he is a no-name to most people. Fighting a guy like that is a lose-lose situation.

Hell, remember when everybody was ducking Ron Sparks?

I understood fine, it seems you don't understand how booking fights on smaller local shows works.

These large gyms are contacted weekly by promoters looking for talent and they actively seek out fights for their guys. 40-50 is really not unreasonable.

If you know how it works, then you obviously know the fighters and organizations that can be contacted to verify the story.

i love how people hate on this fight. It's awesome that this guy is getting a chance. Hype? Of course. But it' a fun potential and you guys are f#cking babies.

Even if it was true couldn't he just join a bellator tournament? Can't duck in there.

BFWNqqrCAAAC4jt-500x500.jpg

tumblr_m7409mTYt31rqt8s8o1_500.gif

We keep hearing over and over Patrick Cummins had 40 to 50 fights cancelled or turned down because fighters didn't want to face him --- yet he wasn't in the UFC until now.

Who were these fighters? Which organizations? When was this?

Where is the investigative journalism to double check some of these claims?

well the claims were made by his trainer and he was fighting in bumfuck org number 100 so I am sure there were plenty of 1-5 fighters who said no.

If you know how it works, then you obviously know the fighters and organizations that can be contacted to verify the story.

You don't know what camp Cummings goes to? Call them yourself after you google it. Or better yet watch the prelims they keep repeating it.

well the claims were made by his trainer and he was fighting in bumfuck org number 100 so I am sure there were plenty of 1-5 fighters who said no.

No they were made by Cummins in august, and backed up by Munoz, his manager, and Chael. and probably othes buried somewhere in google dosent care land.

Ask Ryan Parsons on his Twitter. He is the one that said 50 guys turned down a fight with Cummins.

they're all selling wolf tix including munoz and chael. If you disagree than just go ahead and name 1 or 2 of those fighters that turned down fights with cummins.

This is the MMA version of being "over qualified".

It's actually kinda realistic I saw robert drysdale struggle to get consistent high level opponents

Back