Who were the best and worse mystery partners // opponents // replacements?

lakersfan45

That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!
@Gold
Reaction score
Who were the best and worse mystery partners // opponents // replacements?

I remember when savio vega replaced Shawn Michaels at in your house no way out I was so upset. And I'm usually super excited then disappointed with mystery opponents // partners. I always feel like because it's a mystery it's going to be something huge or unexpected. And it's usually just someone on the roster. I guess I should learn my lesson

You have HBK replacing Lawler at Survivor Series 93 to partner with the King's Knights against the Hart family as just a random throw in there. Lol

Hulk Hogan wins this competition by a million billion miles

The Ultimate Warrior against Honky Tonk Man at Summer Slam 88. Huge ovation and great squash.

Worst was The Ye-tiiiiiiiii against Hulk Hogan when he and The Giants dry humped the shit out of him from both sides. I think that was at WCW Halloween Havoc 95 or something.

Specifying occSins pleased ?1?

Think about it, dude.

I remember being really disappointed when Warrior came out to help HBK and Ahmed against Bulldog, Owen, and Vader at KOTR 96 (because I was hoping for Bret), but then when Warrior flaked out I thought Sid replacing him was a really good one.

Dude Love coming out as Stone Cold's tag partner was fun.

Agree about Warrior coming out to wreck HTM. I marked out like crazy for that as a kid and now my kid asks to watch it all the time.

I feel like Big Show was a disappointing "surprise" opponent on Raw about a thousand times.

Daniel Bryan as the last member of that team instead of Miz was good too.

Warrior was a really good one too but Hogan turning heel was earth shattering

Honorable mention to anytime Abdullah The Butcher came out of a box

Anything with El Gigante

For some reason I really dug Yokozuna as Owen Hart's mystery tag partner at WM11 and destroying the Smoking Gunns to win the tag titles.

Best?

Ricky Steamboat.
Always Ricky Steamboat.

Last edited:
I was gonna say Sid joining Ahmed Johnson and HBK

Then Yoko as Owens mystery partner

Both mentioned already lol

Cant really remember any others really, maybe Takers debut at Survivor Series 1990

I don't know about best but this has to be the worst. In 95 WCW, Hogan and Savage needed a partner to feud with Avalanche, Flair, and Vader. They did a promo teasing the "ultimate" surprise with a silhouette behind them of what appeared to be The Ultimate Warrior. Everyone on the playground was so pumped to see him back and it ended up being...The Renegade.

renegade.jpg

I don't know about best but this has to be the worst. In 95 WCW, Hogan and Savage needed a partner to feud with Avalanche, Flair, and Vader. They did a promo teasing the "ultimate" surprise with a silhouette behind them of what appeared to be The Ultimate Warrior. Everyone on the playground was so pumped to see him back and it ended up being...The Renegade.

renegade.jpg

"The man who will bring Hulkamania into the 21st century!"

Pfft! Lol!

renegade.jpg

Renegade was such a knock-off. I recall they built him up real strong at first, only to make him a jobber. Poor guy committed suicide.

I remember that. Wasn't watching WCW at the time, but I had a PWI magazine which wrote about it. I don't know what the point of having him wrestle in costume was. The mustache was kind of a giveaway anyway, but the moves were all obvious and he finishes with the Rude Awakening. Maybe as a kid that could have surprised me though, I dunno.

I remember that. Wasn't watching WCW at the time, but I had a PWI magazine which wrote about it. I don't know what the point of having him wrestle in costume was. The mustache was kind of a giveaway anyway, but the moves were all obvious and he finishes with the Rude Awakening. Maybe as a kid that could have surprised me though, I dunno.

I was only 9 years old and it definitely caught me off guard because it was the first time that I realized wrestlers transferring from WWF to WCW or vice versa.

Didn't robocop do a run in to save sting?

Back