Who was a better boxer in MMA than Conor?

Conor’s boxing is not all that good. He’s an mma striker.

You are playing semantics and you know it. McGregor would murder Floyd in less than two minutes in mma. That’s the point. You trying to act like Floyd beating a guy with zero professional fights, is impressive... well, that’s ridiculous. He couldn’t even drop conor once. Lol. 0-0 in boxing Conor. Floyd isn’t 80 years old. He also hasn’t been retired for 50 years. Conor would kill a boxer 50 pounds heavier than himself in mma, easily.

The point is, Conor had every physical advantage in that fight. You can't just flip the fight to MMA, where Conor still has every physical advantage, PLUS it's his sport, and say it's a mirror of the fight dynamic at play in the boxing match.

Conor vs Ward in an MMA fight is a lot closer to the same dynamic. Conor still wins that, but Ward at least brings something to the table.

Better yet, wait 12 years, and put that version of Conor against the top, prime, boxer at a higher weight class that is fighting at that time.

cb6fcc5007d06c464f665acea714d91e.gif

LimpingSizzlingBongo-size_restricted.gif

Got hit on the chin by a KOd Aldo.
Half connected with Floyd, didn't hurt him in the least, with his best shot of the fight.

Off the top of my head- Mousasi and Masvidal and fundamentally probably not even close

Do you mean striking?
Guys like Garbrandt, Bisping, & Frankie Edgar have better technical boxing. Conor's boxing isn't really what wins him fights but his hands are good, he uses an awkward karate style with his boxing fundamentals and is pretty good at finding a rhythm and openings. He has never really had the best boxing, but his striking is pretty amazing.

If were talking pure boxing its very hard to say because we never see MMA fighters going into boxing, there are too many variables in a mma fight that hide true boxing skills. He's certainly among the best mma boxers, meaning using his hands in a mma fight. And it cant be ignored how well he did vs Floyd, that shows that he's got pretty good boxing. We'd have to see more guys cross over.

Well, to anyone who's actually boxed for any significant length of time..It's pretty obvious Conor Is the best boxer in MMA. Obviously he's using a bit of a different style, stance but his bread and butter Is still boxing.

Outside of guys like James toney / Ray mercer.

Diaz bros are up there.

Most people here hate Conor so much that I wouldn't expect them to give a thoughtful response.

Many don't train boxing or martial arts either which means their opinions are just based on watching, rather than any sort of experience and knowledge.

Cody has great boxing and a nice amateur career. If we're talking pure boxing, no kicks, then I'd give it to Cody. Only because Conor relies on his kicks to set up his counters in many cases where as Cody tends to be a straight forward boxer.
he sets up his punches with kicks? I'm not sure what you mean.

Floyd simply walked forward and didn't throw shit lol....Anybody could've of done better than expect against floyd if he fought them like that.

Floyd would've never done that against a legit young boxer because that is simply too dangerous, they would've made floyd pay...but he knew Conor sucked so he fought the way he fought.
lol @ random mma fans who've never watched a boxing fight prior to The floyd fight trying to give their opinions. Always cute

79d69f096a7ceb3622d6f98ae9a40f4730fd1d7834f0521685304edcaf2dd611.jpg

I'm glad this fight happened. It exposed me to Floyd and both what an amazing boxer and human he is.

Reading about Floyd Mayweather's personal history growing up, seeing what he's done from where he came from, how intelligent he sounds despite dropping out of high school, his morals -- for his mom and even trying to not give Conor brain damage..

The guy's what god made the human race to be. I'm a huge fan now.
Floyd has grown wise In his years on this earth. He's come a long way

lol @ random mma fans who've never watched a boxing fight prior to The floyd fight trying to give their opinions. Always cute

79d69f096a7ceb3622d6f98ae9a40f4730fd1d7834f0521685304edcaf2dd611.jpg
So Conor did amazing? and Floyd didnt change his style...PLS STFU.

I guess P4P Boxing Champ Mikey Garcia doesn't know shit about boxing since he says the same thing as me...Floyd would've never walked forward like that against a legit boxer.

So Conor did amazing? and Floyd didnt change his style...PLS STFU.

I guess P4P Boxing Champ Mikey Garcia doesn't know shit about boxing since he says the same thing as me...Floyd would've never walked forward like that against a legit boxer.

Yes, but again you don't have any clue what you're talking about my young friend.

You don't know anything about boxing, you don't box yourself, have any knowledge or experience. You're just parroting what you've heard other people say which validates your hate and biased fuelled narrative.

Been boxing for a long time, doesn't take much to know a kid talkin out his ass when I see one.

I don't think Conor did amazing, but he did well with what he had and deserves respect for getting In there and putting on a decent performance against one of the goats. Floyd definitely changed his style, he adapts according to the fight / opponent. It was a bit of a mismatch but Conor did alright and deserves a bit of respect. Something most analysts, boxing legends and anyone with some knowledge of the sport have given.

But, people like you have never seen a boxing fight before The conor floyd fight..Your opinion Is irrelevant, you're just a young kid..probably fat, talking shit from your keyboard with nothing to back It up.

Yes, but again you don't have any clue what you're talking about my young friend.

You don't know anything about boxing, you don't box yourself, have any knowledge or experience. You're just parroting what you've heard other people say which validates your hate and biased fuelled narrative.

Been boxing for a long time, doesn't take much to know a kid talkin out his ass when I see one.

I don't think Conor did amazing, but he did well with what he had and deserves respect for getting In there and putting on a decent performance against one of the goats. Floyd definitely changed his style, he adapts according to the fight / opponent. It was a bit of a mismatch but Conor did alright and deserves a bit of respect. Something most analysts, boxing legends and anyone with some knowledge of the sport have given.

But, people like you have never seen a boxing fight before The conor floyd fight..Your opinion Is irrelevant, you're just a young kid..probably fat, talking shit from your keyboard with nothing to back It up.
I clearly know more than you...Your Boxing Exercise class doesn't mean shit.

Conor did well because Floyd Chose for him to do well...."Floyd definitely changed his style, he adapts according to the fight / opponent"(#1 Parroting shit I hear about floyd and u accuse me of parroting LMFAO), stop making it seems as this was floyds only way to beat him....Floyd did not walk forward because it was the best way to beat Conor, he could've boxed/cut the ring and used more of his technique to destroy Conor even faster but he chose to walk forward because he wanted to make the fight somewhat entertaining....Even Mikey Garcia agrees with this, he didn't respect Conor so he did what he did, he wouldn't have done that shit against a legit boxer.

I seen plenty of boxing matches and clearly know more about boxing when I have Mikey Garcia, a coherent boxing mind agree with me.

I clearly know more than you...Your Boxing Exercise class doesn't mean shit.

Conor did well because Floyd Chose for him to do well...."Floyd definitely changed his style, he adapts according to the fight / opponent"(#1 Parroting shit I hear about floyd and u accuse me of parroting LMFAO), stop making it seems as this was floyds only way to beat him....Floyd did not walk forward because it was the best way to beat Conor, he could've boxed/cut the ring and used more of his technique to destroy Conor even faster but he chose to walk forward because he wanted to make the fight somewhat entertaining....Even Mikey Garcia agrees with this, he didn't respect Conor so he did what he did, he wouldn't have done that shit against a legit boxer.

I seen plenty of boxing matches and clearly know more about boxing when I have Mikey Garcia, a coherent boxing mind agree with me.
Exactly. You've "seen" plenty of boxing matches. You've never trained yourself. Probably never even set foot In a gym.

I've trained boxing for over a decade, trained with pro boxers..my first trainer fought floyd when he was a young up and comer.

You don't know shit kid. You're a 16 year old who's balls haven't dropped yet with no original thought, knowledge or experience of your own ..talking out of your ass.

It's a waste of time for anyone with a brain to even argue with you.

Clearly know more than me but you've never set foot as a gym, you're fat as can be, and conor / floyd was probably the first boxing fight you've ever seen.

Go embarrass yourself somewhere else

Still can't believe Floyd walked forward against Conor, took his best shots and fucking besmirched him too the point he doesn't want to defend against the number 1 contender but a guy he has beaten already.

Floyd is the ufc LW champion.

he sets up his punches with kicks? I'm not sure what you mean.
Conor doesn't manage distance or set up strikes like a boxer. He keeps his wide stance and throws quick kicks at different angles to stop people from pressing forward. He does this in place of a jab. So, without the kicks his distance management and set ups aren't quick as efficient.

So instead of using jabs to set up combos he forces them to rush in by throwing kicks and using his staggering reach advantage.

Exactly. You've "seen" plenty of boxing matches. You've never trained yourself. Probably never even set foot In a gym.

I've trained boxing for over a decade, trained with pro boxers..my first trainer fought floyd when he was a young up and comer.

You don't know shit kid. You're a 16 year old who's balls haven't dropped yet with no original thought, knowledge or experience of your own ..talking out of your ass.

It's a waste of time for anyone with a brain to even argue with you.

Go embarrass yourself somewhere else
Dude you take boxercise very seriously.

Dude I just proved you wrong, it ok kid....Ill besmirch you IRL as well...Keep bragging about your boxercise shit kid.

Conor doesn't manage distance or set up strikes like a boxer. He keeps his wide stance and throws quick kicks at different angles to stop people from pressing forward. He does this in place of a jab. So, without the kicks his distance management and set ups aren't quick as efficient.

So instead of using jabs to set up combos he forces them to rush in by throwing kicks and using his staggering reach advantage.
oooh ok. sorry i thought you were talking about cody. I have seen conor punch off of kicks. He's great.

Back