Who thinks Randy Orton SUCKS?

Roids

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Ok where do I start. I can't stand Orton. I barely watch wrestling since 2004 because it also sucks but when I switched over during the years Orton just really stands out as an incredibly lame character yet laughably he's something like a 15 time world champion.

Funny thing is when he debuted as the legend killer I actually didn't mind him, as he had some charisma and played the cocky heel well. Then he started the 'Viper' gimmick, which is possibly one of the most strangest and lamest gimmicks ive ever seen. He basically just acts like a robot, and apparently this is supposed to be cool or something? zero charisma or any real character, he just acts like a try hard, walking around really slowly and posing like a lame ass. He is supposed to be stone cold killer all tatted up, yet still does that incredibly lame, and cringey pose on the top ropes which I laugh at every time. It's amazing that after all this time he did not realise or somebody didn't tell him how lame it looks.

Not to mention that lame entrance music 'I hear voices' which is so generic and lame. Yes we get it you are supposed to be some psycho, we don't need your entrance music telling us every time. Then he walks out so slowly trying to act so cool, and then just keeps walking slowly boring the hell out of everyone. Every single mannerism looks so contrived like he has practiced it in the mirror and gone through a dozen committee meetings. He has all these muscles, and tats, and just tries so hard to be cool that he just comes across as a lame try hard and completely un cool, unless you are 14 years old.

I remember I watched him a while back when he actually started hissing in the ring, like a snake, and I started laughing out loud. Apparently this was supposed to be really cool and intense but it was laughable. Ok your gimmick is the viper but you don't need to act like a real snake you moron. Then he started punching the mat and acting like he was having a psychotic break down, which again look so contrived that I was laughing, who the hell is impressed with this crap?

Then he had that head kick thing, where he would apparently lose his sanity and try and soccer kick his opponents. Again just so lame. Sleep inducing on the mic as well, it really is a nothing gimmick, yet he has been around forever and 15 titles? What a sad reflection of the state of wrestling. Anyone else just think he fuken sucks?

I think you hear voices in your head. Now burn in my light.

Ok, I'm done.

RAW wasn't RAW 10 years ago unless Orton kicked Cena's dad in the head.

Sucks? no. Stale and want to retire? yes.

Always been a great in ring wrestler, when he wants to be as good as anybody else.

In an era where the roster has been full of guys that don't take their look seriously, he really stands out as perfect.

Mic skills? yeah they suck, but he's not dramatically worse than his peers right now.

He has charisma, just not enough to solidify himself as the top guy and was forever the b-plus player to cena once he overtook him. Still a lot more than most.

The world titles is a product of the brand split and other guys who failed or they gave up on so he got plenty of default transitional runs or propped up the b-show. I've got no explanation for the snake viper thing though, hate that myself and it's only gotten worse.

I think Randy's problem has always been motivation. He never tried to improve because WWE didn't need him to. His spot has always been guaranteed and he's fine with that. He does look and carry himself better than 90% of the roster, so there's that.

As a lazy guy I can respect showing up just for the paycheck, but don't expect me to throw any more money your way.

He's so boring, I can barely muster enough energy to type this sentence about him.

Never cared for him.

<Fedor23>

Legend Killer Randy was really entertaining. The storyline where he kicked Vince in the head was really interesting. After that, Randy is basically the same as me coming in the office looking at the clock to tick 17:00, he is as unmotivated and is there to collect the paycheck.

Lucky for him that as some of you have already said, his spot has never been in danger, so no need for him to make any extra effort.

Never been a fan. He can be decent when he gives a shit, but he never gives a shit unless he's with certain people. I always thought he worked really well with Christian.

My main issue with Orton, aside from him being super boring, is the way WWE always used him. They'd have him wrestle a tag team and win.. or win a 2nd royal rumble when nobody gives a fuck about him.. or feud way too many times with Cena and act like it's a big deal.

They've always tried to make him look stronger than the rest of the roster and he's not interesting enough for that.

He doesn't necessarily suck, but I am tired of him being at or near the top of the card. He's had no real character evolution in years.

I'm apparently in the minority here but I think that Randy has created a perfect niche as the best tweener in the business. His being "lazy" or "boring" is really just him sticking to his character and his role in the company. Chris Jericho has said, "I love working with him because he's so good. He's so good and you know he's only going 40% and it's like... damn."

He came in with a gorgeous cross body off the top and the 3rd generation thing. He hurts his shoulder, they do the "Randy Orton updates," and you start to hate the guy (or like that he's working to get hated, whatever.) Evolution, youngest champ ever, legend killer. And, from the legend killer, came The Viper and, more importantly, The Apex Predator. Randy Orton became a guy who could be a threat to anyone: giants, legends, faces, heels, the internet, anyone. One RKO out of nowhere can derail a hype train, shatter dreams, or kill a king.

It doesn't hurt that he looks the part. Granted, it's his quasi-part-time schedule that helps keep him healthy and in shape but he passes the airport test with flying colors. He makes the "hot" column for the women I've watched wrestling with. I didnt even have to ask. And they all cite his "edge" as part of that. Actual conversation:
"He was a marine."
"I can totally see that."
"Dishonorable discharge."
"I can totally see that, too."
The guy looks like he'd wait outside of work while sitting on your car to "discuss" you being brought up as a good example to his bad one at a staff meeting and maybe teach his kids to slide into third with their spikes up.

He's not AJ Styles or Ric Flair or John Cena because he (and the company) are better off if he isn't.

Orton is hilarious. One of the few post-Monday Night Wars guys I actually like.

Last edited:
he’s pretty good when wants to be

Blandy Orton

Back