Who started the rule no Sex before a fight and during camp?

One of the biggest sacrifices in being a champion is sex. If you're a fighter, you need your energy. You can't leave it in a woman.

-Sugar Ray Robinson

I have rubbed one out and done the deed before training. Would not recommend it. It takes a little bit out of you, probably would not want to distract yourself with such things before a match/fight.

Myth. They say not having sex will keep you more aggressive. I've had some of my best athletic performances after getting some the night before.

Sounds too close to blue balls to me. Blue balls have ruined an entire day for me before.
try going 3 months without then compare.

levels

One of the biggest sacrifices in being a champion is sex. If you're a fighter, you need your energy. You can't leave it in a woman.

-Sugar Ray Robinson
this isn't exclusive to boxing either, countless stories like this across a wide variety of disciplines.

I've always understood the sweet spot to be 10 days (IIRC).

That's basically mapped to my experiences when I've competed (albeit in much smaller ways than these guys).

Sex releases that chemical that makes you bond and be empathetic with other people. That's how couples develop feelings for each other. That's the last thing you want before a fight.

is this a troll thread?, surely no one is dumb enough to think this started in MMA, its older than grass ffs.

Ali said it to confuse his opponents before their fights

what is the reasonin behind this?
Nothing is proven.
And it didn't start with MMA. I heard NBA players don't have during playoffs, some soccer players (during World Cup) and so forth.
Boxing also has the same thing (some adhere, others don't)....

Some claim it is about the T level.
Heck, Ronda even claim that she has more sex because of it.

Others claim it is a matter of spending energy on sex, energy you can use for fighting.
Others are even worse. they claim it is a distraction, take their focus from the fight.
Heck, others use as motivation. They don't get sex, they get angry and they blame their opponent which makes them mad at them and the anger helps in a fight.....

I don't know. There are many reasons.
But nothing is really proven by science, so it is an open game.
Kind of like Machida and his beverage of choice... some swear by it... others can live happily without (myself included)

4049892769_b8e30a91af_o.jpg

Fools that can't get any is what I'm thinking.

I've heard Cus D'Amato say it to Tyson. Rickson also talks about it in Choke.

There is a spike in testosterone after 7-8 days of abstinence so I think that is a smart idea to time it if you have a fight scheduled. But during the whole camp I think is of no use and a bad idea.

You ever notice how your legs go weak after a good orgasm? Or how after you cum you realize some muscle is sore because you were doing it in an awkward position? That's your body prioritizing the transmission of genes over your own health.
Ever tried running right after or a short time after busting a nut?

Your legs are weak.
There is some truth there.

I run a few miles daily. If I bust a nut i don't even bother running until way way (several hours) later because the energy and strength just ain't there.

First intelligent posts in this thread.

Started by Brendan Shaub to try to get a night off from banging Ronda

I remember Chuck saying he did it anyway. His reasoning is that it’s not the sex itself but all the stuffs leading up to it that makes you tired. So if you just skip all those and go right to it then you’re fine.

I have no idea but I think it's something that has been around combat sports a long time. I think it has to do with a woman being a distraction and messing with a fighters mental state and focus.

Probably some Republican incels.

That's what they're all about these days.
Pretending to 'choose' to be virgins, avoid women like they ever had a chance with them anyway.

Does he get noodle legs from hovering his hands over them, or does it come from the embarrassment of publicly being called a liar by the woman he claimed to have smashed?

This is a sad, pathetic, date rape esque man right here.

Nah, I think he gets noodle legs from being out struck by Damien Maia.

Some woman who was getting dicked down on the side and lost interest in her man.

Back