Elections Who Should Run Against Trump in 2020?

Who should run against Trump

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Jack V Savage

I'm genuinely curious. Why would you pick Jerry Brown over Warren and Hillary?

Better experience, ideologically more aligned with me (much more than Clinton, a little more than Warren), just generally like him more. I wasn't really thinking in terms of winning as much as just who would do the best job.

WR trolls try to present me as a big Clinton fan just because I reject various obviously false claims about her and obviously recognized that she was way better than Trump, but O'Malley was my preferred candidate in the primary (and I said Clinton and Bernie were about the same, slightly behind him). I was skeptical of Brown when he first came back, but I've been really impressed with him, and I'd say I am a big fan of his.

Lol! My assertion was that Republicans lie about the Democrat's platform and your post did nothing to prove me wrong. What a joke.
Also, dude, I posed the parties actual platform, and you still accused me of lying about the platform!

Did you even read it before I posted it here today?

Doubling down i see.

If you're either unable or unwilling to be honest about your own parties publicly stated platform, don't expect to sway people anytime soon.
Yes, I saw that you posted the platform but I said Rs lie about it. Also, individuals have different opinions. You seem to be too slow to grasp basic concepts.

Also, dude, I posed the parties actual platform, and you still accused me of lying about the platform!

Did you even read it before I posted it here today?
I didn't say you lied. Try reading my post.

And guns are not a big issue for me.

I voted sherrod Brown lol. He's a younger, less extreme version of Bernie that can carry Ohio.

Warrens policies will be best but I've already seen republican media machine start ramping up against her. Bernie will probably be too old. Biden is great.

Yes, I saw that you posted the platform but I said Rs lie about it. Also, individuals have different opinions. You seem to be too slow to grasp basic concepts.
I didn't say you lied. Try reading my post.

And guns are not a big issue for me.

Read your post again. You actually did accuse me of lying.

Lol! My assertion was that Republicans lie about the Democrat's platform and your post did nothing to prove me wrong. What a joke.

That's saying my post was a lie.

I'm going to go ahead and end this conversation. You seem unable or unwilling to accurately represent conversations that you're taking apart in, let alone accurately portraying the topic at hand.

-Good day.

Read your post again. You actually did accuse me of lying.

That's saying my post was a lie.

I'm going to go ahead and end this conversation. You seem unable or unwilling to accurately represent conversations that you're taking apart in, let alone accurately portraying the topic at hand.

-Good day.
No, I said that Republicans lie to make guns an issue in elections. WTF man learn to read.

Warrens policies will be best but I've already seen republican media machine start ramping up against her. Bernie will probably be too old. Biden is great.

Whoever runs will have a shipload of dishonest claims made about them, and 25% or so of the population will deeply believe it, while another 25% or so will think that the truth is somewhere between lies and the truth (which will also be the MSM view) or kind of "maybe all this is false, but where there's smoke, there's fire." People have to recognize that going in. There's no such thing as a person good enough and smart enough that partisans on the other side won't think they're scum and stupid. That's why Gabbard is such a problem--even people on her own side have serious, justified doubts about her. Right now, she's the right's favorite liberal, but in the general, she'd get the same treatment everyone else does, and then where is she?

that actually stands a chance?

the Rock or my dude Gavin Newsome. you have to some form of charisma to win on the left as of late, look at slick willy and Obama. Then look at HRC, Kerry, Gore..... (zero charisma whatsoever)

Whoever runs will have a shipload of dishonest claims made about them, and 25% or so of the population will deeply believe it, while another 25% or so will think that the truth is somewhere between lies and the truth (which will also be the MSM view) or kind of "maybe all this is false, but where there's smoke, there's fire." People have to recognize that going in. There's no such thing as a person good enough and smart enough that partisans on the other side won't think they're scum and stupid. That's why Gabbard is such a problem--even people on her own side have serious, justified doubts about her. Right now, she's the right's favorite liberal, but in the general, she'd get the same treatment everyone else does, and then where is she?
Completely agree. But i think that 25% that thinks they are half truths is what dems can focus on and Brown has the least skeletons for a typical republican and/or (sub)consciously racist/sexist person. Hes an older white dude from middle america. Polar opposite of "coastal elite" narrative. Not an "emotional woman"'. Not a "commy lover".

While I hate catering to idiots like that, I do think those middle america votes count and Brown is safest there.

The person who will run is no where on that list

Completely agree. But i think that 25% that thinks they are half truths is what dems can focus on and Brown has the least skeletons for a typical republican and/or (sub)consciously racist/sexist person. Hes an older white dude from middle america. Polar opposite of "coastal elite" narrative. Not an "emotional woman"'. Not a "commy lover".

While I hate catering to idiots like that, I do think those middle america votes count and Brown is safest there.

Jerry Brown would have a very hard up hill battle in Middle America. His support for extreme measures on gun control, and his willingness to subject others to it, would make him a non starter for souther, midwestern, and rust belt states.

Edit:
Unless you're talking about Sherrod Brown, if so, my bad. But my analysis of JERRY Brown still stands.

It's funny to me that 2 Samoans, both The Rock and Tulsi, are in the lead.

We're taking over bitches!

The Rock, Tulsi, and the Samoan Hitler!

Jerry Brown would have a very hard up hill battle in Middle America. His support for extreme measures on gun control, and his willingness to subject others to it, would make him a non starter for souther, midwestern, and rust belt states.

Edit:
Unless you're talking about Sherrod Brown, if so, my bad. But my analysis of JERRY Brown still stands.
Yes Sherrod. Sorry for not being clearer

Back