Who should Loma fight next?

Yourstepdad

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Which boxer (from history) would stand a chance?

Which boxer (from history) would stand a chance?

Salido and then Mikey Garcia

Don't think any boxer around that weight class would ever stand a chance with prime Lomachenko, maybe Floyd but I'd still favor Loma 70-30

Salido and then Mikey Garcia

Don't think any boxer around that weight class would ever stand a chance with prime Lomachenko, maybe Floyd but I'd still favor Loma 70-30

I would like to see the MG fight indeed

A few years ago PacMan - Loma at super lightweight wouldve been nice

i'm sure he wants to avenge salido
then in somewhere in the middle you have berchelt..
then linares

ultimately garcia

Take the 135 belt from British whats-his-name Flanagan. Then aim for Mikey Garcia or Linares.

salido.. rematch
seems like a serious step down now

He's got time,beating Salido would make a statement and then take on bigger tasks.

Berchelt should end up getting owerwhelmed, but he has good athleticism and he can carry out a gameplan. I wouldn't mind watching it. Salido is shot. Dunno if this would be a meaningful fight. Yesterday Loma showed he can now get a fighter playing dirty off of him. He'd beat up Salido, badly.

I'd say Berchelt, then 135.

Salido was offered the rematch but wanted more money, i.e. enough to make it worth fighting super Loma. Its not going to happen and it shouldnt happen.

Ideally he will fight Belchert then go to 135.

As already mentioned, Berchelt and then 135. The only guy who is a serious threat to beating him 140 and under is Garcia (Crawford is bound for 147 and Arum wouldn't risk one of his two thoroughbreds beating the other).

Despite liking Salido and finding Loma slightly irritating, I’d like to see a Salido rematch on the off chance he could get Loma out of his comfort zone again and give him a test. Probably wouldn’t play that way though I fear.

More realistically, Linares would be a good match up and probably a tough fight for Loma, which is what he needs.

Despite liking Salido and finding Loma slightly irritating, I’d like to see a Salido rematch on the off chance he could get Loma out of his comfort zone again and give him a test. Probably wouldn’t play that way though I fear.

More realistically, Linares would be a good match up and probably a tough fight for Loma, which is what he needs.

I don't think Linares would be particularly tough for Lomachenko. Maybe his speed and decent boxing skill makes it take a bit longer for Lomachenko to figure him out, but he would figure him out fairly quickly and then probably stop him in the mid to late rounds considering Linares' poor durability.

Loma has some sublime footwork and movement, but I’m not yet buying into the “all time great” chat until we see how he responds to pressure.

Linares has always looked solid to me, and whilst perhaps on the downslope now, I reckon he could give Loma something to think about and wouldn’t be phased by the swiveling movement and pitter patter set ups that Loma favours. Certainly don’t see him quitting.
I don't think Linares would be particularly tough for Lomachenko. Maybe his speed and decent boxing skill makes it take a bit longer for Lomachenko to figure him out, but he would figure him out fairly quickly and then probably stop him in the mid to late rounds considering Linares' poor durability.

Loma has some sublime footwork and movement, but I’m not yet buying into the “all time great” chat until we see how he responds to pressure.

Linares has always looked solid to me, and whilst perhaps on the downslope now, I reckon he could give Loma something to think about and wouldn’t be phased by the swiveling movement and pitter patter set ups that Loma favours. Certainly don’t see him quitting.

I'm not someone who is sold on Lomachenko being a genuine all-time great until his resume catches up to what appears to be pretty remarkable ability (out of this next generation of fighters I'd probably give him the best chance out of anyone to really earn that kind of standing, though), but you don't have to be an all-time great to beat Linares.

I'd say he should face berchelt then a good but not great opponent at LW (maybe Beltran), then linares, then hopefully garcia

Back