Who should Joshua fight next?

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
Hearn is saying he doesnt want to wait until after the Wilder-Fury fight, and i really dont want to see Joshua fight the fat baby guy.

It looks like the only other options are going to be Ortiz and Whyte.

I'd much rather see how he got on with Ortiz, i think if he can beat Povetkin like he did, Ortiz wont offer much, but i really dont want to see a fight against Whyte just yet.

Thoughts?

If Whyte doesn’t get a shot at someone off beating parker it would be sorta absurd

If Whyte doesn’t get a shot at someone off beating parker it would be sorta absurd

I see what you are saying, i just dont think he has improved enough to warrant a shot at Joshua(again).

Wilder and the Americans dont seem to want any part of the Hearns/Whyte set up, as they know it is connected to Joshua and currently Whyte seems to be used as a "if you beat this guy, you may get a shot at Joshua".

From what i have heard/read, Hearn is trying to get Whyte and Chisora to fight again

I don't see why Hearn can't just wait till December 1st and see what happens then. That still leaves them with a lot a time to set up Joshua's next fight.

I don't see why Hearn can't just wait till December 1st and see what happens then. That still leaves them with a lot a time to set up Joshua's next fight.

No it doesnt, the talks and negotiations are going to get worse if it needs to be with the winner of that fight(Wilder).

The venue is already booked, so having 2 months worth of negotiations to find out the fight cant be made will be a logistical nightmare for everyone involved, i tried to get a hotel the day after the Povetkin fight(for the next Joshua date) and the prices were going crazy, so i dipped out, imagine what a fight would do if it got pulled last minute...

I’d be interested in either Whyte or Miller. His first fight against Whyte was entertaining, and both fighters have improved since then. Miller is a question mark because he hasn’t fought anyone good, but I’d be interested in seeing how Joshua handles someone so big.

No it doesnt, the talks and negotiations are going to get worse if it needs to be with the winner of that fight(Wilder).

The venue is already booked, so having 2 months worth of negotiations to find out the fight cant be made will be a logistical nightmare for everyone involved, i tried to get a hotel the day after the Povetkin fight(for the next Joshua date) and the prices were going crazy, so i dipped out, imagine what a fight would do if it got pulled last minute...
It would be enough time normally but I guess they won't be able to negotiate quickly, if at all.

I'd like to see him fight Miller, Whyte would be a good fight but I want that on hold for now as we've already seen them tussle once before and it seems too soon for them to fight again. Miller is heavy but offers no threat whatsoever as he has no power. He'll be busy but his shots won't do anything and Joshua will be able to blast him with hard shots. We'll get to see how good Miller's chin is. I don't think he can stand up to Joshua's power though.

I'd like to see him fight Miller, Whyte would be a good fight but I want that on hold for now as we've already seen them tussle once before and it seems too soon for them to fight again. Miller is heavy but offers no threat whatsoever as he has no power. He'll be busy but his shots won't do anything and Joshua will be able to blast him with hard shots. We'll get to see how good Miller's chin is. I don't think he can stand up to Joshua's power though.

I would be really really disapointed if he fought Miller next, that is a giant step backwards

I’ve only seen Miller once, against Adamek. Is it true that he has no power? I got the impression he had some because he has so many KOs on his record. I guess tat a a it to do with the level of opposition he’s faced.

I’ve only seen Miller once, against Adamek. Is it true that he has no power? I got the impression he had some because he has so many KOs on his record. I guess tat a a it to do with the level of opposition he’s faced.
I watched him against Johann Duhaupas, a guy who got KO'd by Povetkin and Miller despite landing a lot on him never looked like he was going to stop him. Miller is a big solid unit and looks like he should be able to punch pretty hard but the results just don't add up. He much more of a volume guy. A lot of his stoppages have been where he's just landing a lot more than the other guy, not knocking them out cold.

Last edited:

Wach, who has no defense at the best of times, was injured and a complete sitting duck and Miller still couldn't really hurt him. He's not a puncher in any way, shape, or form. Just a big, reasonably durable guy with a consistent workrate.

prob whyte since fury/wilder wont make april

Pulev after he takes a dump on the other Fury...

Afyer Wilder wins he will be the legit Lineal champ. Negotiations are going to be a nightmare........ shocked if the fight happens in 19 at all

Fight big baby. Otherwise, just get in there with Whyte who's earned it.

Back