Who should Gillespie fight next?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
I think a fight with James Vick, Trinaldo or Felder would be a great way to test him and, should he win, have him ranked inside the top 15.

He could also fight David Teymur, who's on a good streak himself, but I'm not a fan of killing off up-and-comers like that. Much rather have them face the ranked talent to see if they belong or send them back to the drawing board.

Did you not think we would know it was a question by the question mark?

Probably should fight a better wrestler next to see if he can impose his game on guys with legit TDD.

Alex Hernandez would be legit, as would Islam Machechev or Paul Felder. It’s gotta be someone top 15 for sure.

He should fight his barber - they clearly have a beef, otherwise, he wouldn't have that on his head.

this thread was just done. clearly he should fight Conor McGregor Gillespie. he has the wrestling and stand-up.

conorgillespie.jpg

I think a fight with James Vick, Trinaldo or Felder would be a great way to test him and, should he win, have him ranked inside the top 15.

He could also fight David Teymur, who's on a good streak himself, but I'm not a fan of killing off up-and-comers like that. Much rather have them face the ranked talent to see if they belong or send them back to the drawing board.
I think he should fight somebody like Vick but i would also like to see him crush overrated Taisumov

Probably should fight a better wrestler next to see if he can impose his game on guys with legit TDD.

Alex Hernandez would be legit, as would Islam Machechev or Paul Felder. It’s gotta be someone top 15 for sure.
Machachev(sp?) is a good call. Would be a good fight and a high level grappling matchup. I don't have as much faith in his top 5 abilty as other folks do, but a big stoppage over Islam would change my mind. He looked good against Pichel (who has been slam KOd by Khabilov, so isn't the best idea for how good his wrestling really is in MMA) but needs a marquee win to get his hype some backbone

Last edited:
Hmm... an undefeated LW grinding wrestler with endless heart and cardio and is one hell of a fisherman. A 4-time D1 All-American and National Champion. Yeah I think he should fight Conor. He would wear his ass Out. That dude is maybe more relentless in his pursuit of TD's than Khabib it is very fun to watch. My answer is Conor, not being a hater! on paper it's a nightmare stylistically for Conor. the only way he wins this style match-up is if he stiffs him. Odds are against that. If Conor just hurts him like everyone else he's fought -Aldo he'll be instinctually taken down until 2 rounds have passed and it's the hungry undefeated upstart prodigious wrestler with Frankie cardio's fight to lose. He shouldn't fight Conor ... but I'd love to see that shit.

Khabilov is the perfect fight for him. A great, although past his prime grappler that can test how legit Gillespie's grappling is. And it's not a prospect vs prospect matchup.

Someone in the top 15 for sure. This is the guy to end Khabib's title reign.

Conor. Just to show how bad some of you bought the hype.

He definitely needs to step up. He's got a ton of raw talent, and he's not getting any younger. Trinaldo would be a good test as he's a solid defensive grappler and poses a bit of a threat on the feet.

Back