Who should get the next shot at the B.M.F belt against Max?

So you're saying they don't actually own the belts they get?

I mean I know they (used to) get a replica of the real belt to keep. But I at least thought that they got to own the replica. Don't know how it works with the BMF belt.

Yes, they have a replica belt. You're saying that he should give someone the replica belt on a PPV?

Obviously that wouldn't go over too well with the UFC.

No one. They should just put the belt on the line again next year in whatever the baddest matchup that can be made is.

I don't know how it works either. I just know it isn't up to the fighter, but If you're suggesting max tries to force their hand, I guess he could try. Not sure that would go. It seems to me like Ilia should be asking the ufc to make this a bmf belt, and if they don't, he should ask them why.

No, I'm saying he could just gives away his replica to Illia if he loses. But if the replica is also UFC's property, then it's indeed tricky. Although you can just buy UFC replica belts. Lol. Not sure if you can also buy a BMF replica though.

But yeah, it would be smart to ask the UFC. Maybe sticking to his demand with the UFC would actually work. I'm sure they really want to make that fight. It would be a pay off on the BMF gimmick marketing tool, because Max is hot stuff right now and fighting for the belt against an exciting Illia would bring a good amount of eyes.

Yes, they have a replica belt.

Yeah, I know that. That's not the point. The point is if they actually own the replica or if it's still officially UFC's property.

And also, normal belts have replicas, but do BMF belts also have replicas that they give to the one who wins it?

You're saying that he should give someone the replica belt on a PPV?

Obviously that wouldn't go over too well with the UFC.

Did Illia say he has to give it to him on the PPV?

Although how does that work with the replica and the real belt? Because now with every defense they put a stone on the belt, instead of giving a new replica with every defense. So do they also put stones on the real belt or only on the replica?

Obviously that's not relevant to the BMF belt, just wondering.

No, I'm saying he could just gives away his replica to Illia if he loses. But if the replica is also UFC's property, then it's indeed tricky. Although you can just buy UFC replica belts. Lol. Not sure if you can also buy a BMF replica though.

But yeah, it would be smart to ask the UFC. Maybe sticking to his demand with the UFC would actually work. I'm sure they really want to make that fight. It would be a pay off on the BMF gimmick marketing tool, because Max is hot stuff right now and fighting for the belt against an exciting Illia would bring a good amount of eyes.

Yeah, I know that. That's not the point. The point is if they actually own the replica or if it's still officially UFC's property.

And also, normal belts have replicas, but do BMF belts also have replicas that they give to the one who wins it?

Did Illia say he has to give it to him on the PPV?

Unless the UFC agree to have the bmf title on the line, it doesnt really matter what max does. Max could give then belt to anyone he wants -- it won't make them the bmf belt holder unless the ufc acknowledges it.

Personally, I think merging thevtwo helts defeats the whole reason why the ufc made the bmf belt in the first place: they needed another title in circulation to headline ppvs.

Unless the UFC agree to have the bmf title on the line, it doesnt really matter what max does. Max could give then belt to anyone he wants -- it won't make them the bmf belt holder unless the ufc acknowledges it.

Personally, I think merging thevtwo helts defeats the whole reason why the ufc made the bmf belt in the first place: they needed another title in circulation to headline ppvs.

But has Illia asked to become the official belt holder or did he just ask for the belt? If he beats the BMF and gets the BMF belt, he might not really care.

You're right about it working against the marketing tool that it is. But it's a silly belt anyways, so it would be funny if the gimmick fails in that way, IMO.

Although they make new ones anyway, so does it really fail? It's kind of a one off anyways. Do they market the BMF belt holders on posters and such like they do with champs?

Last edited:
@fortheo you might have noticed how people are getting butthurt just for Illia making this demand, but you also gotta understand he is playing a game with Max and using mental warfare tactics. He may very well not really care all that much about the belt. He is just making a statement and making a powerplay. So chances are that he will be satisfied with 2 out of 3 , because in reality he cares most about beating Max. But he is not gonna show that card while he is still in the negociation fase of even taking the fight. After the fight he will praise the fuck out of Max, unless it ends in some kind of controversial drama.

Last edited:
@fortheo you might have noticed how people are getting butthurt just for Illia making this demand, but you also gotta understand he is playing a game with Max and using mental warfare tactics. He may very well not really care all that much about the belt. He is just making a statement and making a powerplay. So chances are that he will be satisfied with 2 out of 3 , because in reality he cares most about beating Max. But he is not gonna show that card while he is still in the negociation fase of even taking the fight. After the fight he will praise the fuck out of Max, unless it ends in some kind of controversial drama.

Yeah, I'm aware of it, but the way he negotiates makes it easier to perceive him a certain way. If that's the way he plays the game, a lot of fans will turn on him. He doesnt seem to care though, so, all the power to him.

Yeah, I'm aware of it, but the way he negotiates makes it easier to perceive him a certain way. If that's the way he plays the game, a lot of fans will turn on him. He doesnt seem to care though, so, all the power to him.

Yeah, you are right. People seem really, really butthurt. Haha. Sorry, it's just funny to me to get butthurt over this, with all the terrible things going on in the world and you (not you personally) make this a big deal, SMH.

I wonder what the Spanish and Georgian fans think about this though. I think he is more banking on their support than the whole MMA public, which is a smart move, IMO.

Honestly, no one.

They should retire the stupid cheesy gimmick.

Charles said in a recent interview that we will see him soon back in action, which probably means Gamrot.
But he is also willing to go up to 170 for a special fight or fight Max for the BMF belt if needed, to the delight of all you haters.
170 for a special fight? Man I'd love to see him vs Colby. Maybe the most beloved vs likely the most hated. Plus Colby is 1 of the smaller WWs. Not sure who else at 170 would make for a special fight.

What is BMF anyway , nobody get the logic of this belt
IS it being violent in the cage or being a bad boy outside of the cage ?

I think it's talked about so much vs Max because it's just a great match up on paper. I mean we can't really argue this could be among the best BMF fights to make. Both guys bring it hard and put on beyond exciting fights. So I think from the perspective it's a great fight. And they have history.

I think for Olivera there aren't too many fights at LW aside from Gamrot, which contender wise is the best fight you can make at LW, pretty much the only fight now. But it seems not too many fans are asking for it as it's not the most exciting.

I think as a star and star value Olivera is right up there with Dustin, Justin and Max. But yes, he's no McGregor, thats for sure.

As for Max, that is right. There are better options for him. There is the title shot at FW vs Ilia if that works out. And a title shot at LW would be huge, but he's not gonna get that now and would need another win at LW. The Conor fight would be massive, but the winner of Conor/Chandler is not fighting Max for BMF, they're gonna get a different fight, for McGregor it's likey a title shot. And if Chanlder wins, who knows. So the bigger fights you're talking about, aside from Ilia I don't see them lining up for him. So he really doesn't have that many high profile options. Yes, Ilia, Conor, Islam are bigger fights no doubt, but only 1 is realisitc I think.

I think for Max the route would be Ilia and get the FW strap. But aside from that, I think the next best fight is Olivera cause with a W that leads right into a title shot at 155. I think by then Islam will likley be at WW and LW belt would be open. I think his management should see that.
You think they're going to give Conor a title shot on the last fight of his deal if he wins(he wont) vs Chandler?

They literally just went thru this with Francis, I highly doubt it. They'll probably try and feed him to Max or some other Star whom they can boost & subsequently profit off of in the future.

170 for a special fight? Man I'd love to see him vs Colby. Maybe the most beloved vs likely the most hated. Plus Colby is 1 of the smaller WWs. Not sure who else at 170 would make for a special fight.
There would be some nice catchweight fights with guys from 145, like Volks and Ortega, but I doubt that will happen.

You think they're going to give Conor a title shot on the last fight of his deal if he wins(he wont) vs Chandler?

They literally just went thru this with Francis, I highly doubt it. They'll probably try and feed him to Max or some other Star whom they can boost & subsequently profit off of in the future.

No, I think what they'll do is renegotiate a new deal in place before that potential title shot. The UFC's angle will be we'll give you the shot, but sign a new deal ahead of time.

No, I think what they'll do is renegotiate a new deal in place before that potential title shot. The UFC's angle will be we'll give you the shot, but sign a new deal ahead of time.
I suppose they could, but I feel like the fact that it's getting this close is telling. Conor clearly wants to box Manny, he wants the Nate trilogy, & he probably wants that Saudi money in both instances.

Is the UFC going to offer him $50-$100M per fight? Maybe.

If Poirier loses against Islam I think the fight kind of makes some sense. It allows Max to avenge his losses to DP otherwise I think someone like Hooker who will slug it out with Holloway could be interesting.

I suppose they could, but I feel like the fact that it's getting this close is telling. Conor clearly wants to box Manny, he wants the Nate trilogy, & he probably wants that Saudi money in both instances.

Is the UFC going to offer him $50-$100M per fight? Maybe.

I think he's really gonna go for that WW title shot. Be the first 3 division champ, that's something he wants for is legacy.

Back