Who should DC fight next?

DC is in a hard spot right now cause he honestly needs to take like a full year or more off to let his jaw recover as much as possible from that ko. However, at his age, I don't know if he can take a year off and still come back the same.

So if he fights again soon vs Gus, I would guess DC will get kod due to a weak jaw thanks to Jones and his PEDS.

Have they always just handed the belt back to the champion after a roid bust? I feel like they traditionally vacate the belt and the former champion fights to claim it again.
Didn't he do that already against Rumble the first time Jon fucked up? Or was that different, I honestly don't remember?

Man... if Shogun beats OSP convincingly... he could very well leapfrog to a title shot. Hes still a big name. Volkan is kinda unknown still... even Cirkunov if beats Glover. And DC already fought Alex, so... Shogun War one more time!

Well Volkan is of Turkish decent so I like it!

You can throw in Gokhan Saki on the same card against some top10 guy (I know he is fighting soon, but still he love to fight there!),

Germany might be better, two million turks there.

DC said he doesn't wanna return this year.

Let Gus fight Volkan. Winner fights DC, simple.

Pay Rumble some more $ and let him fight the winner of OSP - Shogun.

If all those things happen, the LHW division will be in good shape in the post-Jones era.
tenor (3).gif

I think some combination of Gus/Volkan/Rumble/OSP (two of these guys), and perhaps one final sendoff fight at HW (for the title?).

That would take him probably into the middle of 2019. Can't imagine he can keep going much beyond that point at a high-level, but who knows?

Gus vs DC rematch is the only one that makes sense though
I get that in terms of Gus being a bigger name, but Oezdemir has been way more impressive. 1st rd KOs over guys on impressive win streaks, he's on a 5 win streak, only beaten once. Gus has already been beaten by the 3 best in the division and his 2 win streak is against guys who aren't doing so well atm. The volkan fight is way more intriguing to me.

Didn't he do that already against Rumble the first time Jon fucked up? Or was that different, I honestly don't remember?
They stripped Jon and had DC and Rumble fight for it. I don't recall them ever just handing a belt to someone tho. I guess if it's a NC that kinda makes sense just seems wierd.

Have they always just handed the belt back to the champion after a roid bust? I feel like they traditionally vacate the belt and the former champion fights to claim it again.

I think this is the first time a challenger has won the belt off the champion but cheated.

Volkan or Gus. I prefer Volkan first cause the guy is on a roll. Fight him and you might need to take a pillow to the cage. But still , cant go wrong with a Gus rematch.

Winner of Gust vs Volkan in December.

DC will not even be starting a camp until 2018. And after the way Juice Jones finished him I don't blame him. I'd sue like Hunt and not fight again until April/May

They stripped Jon and had DC and Rumble fight for it. I don't recall them ever just handing a belt to someone tho. I guess if it's a NC that kinda makes sense just seems wierd.
I'm saying he fought Rumble to win the belt last time Jon fucked up,why make him do it again? Anyway who really gives a shit? Beat DC and you're the champ.

Last edited:
I'd say if Shogun Rua wins in Japan he'd be a
logical choice do to the fact he'll have 4 wins in
the division while everyone else will have 1 or 2
wins.

I'm saying he fought Rumble to win the belt last time Jon fucked up,why make him do it again? Any who really gives a shit? Beat DC and you're the champ.

Yea I agree. He's the best 205er for the foreseeable future.

Back