Who should conor fight next and why?

Might as well give him Joe Duffy at that point.

And run the risk of getting choked out again? (I'm sure Conor easily wins, but there's always a chance it goes wrong)

Poirier, Barboza, Gaethje, Holloway (at 155), and Pettis all would likely oblige Conor and stand and bang it out. Conor should take one of these fights and let Ferguson try to knock off or expose Khabib's flaws.

Conor doesn't need a belt around his waist or to be fighting for a title to sell a shitload of PPV's, regardless of who the opponent is. If Conor beat Poirier and Diaz in a rubbermatch (merely examples), one could almost make the claim he earned his next shot.

No.

Conor vs Pettis
Habib is gonna get suspended so to try to give the Irish kid another chance, Interim title fight with Tony. Watch.....it will happen.

His next opponent will be Ronda Rousey in the WWE.

Chiesa v Condit winner at 170. He's got history with Chiesa and a fight with Condit would be a fun striking match he'd be favored in

Habib is gonna get suspended so to try to give the Irish kid another chance, Interim title fight with Tony. Watch.....it will happen.

I just would love to see him and Pettis go at it. It would be 99% striking, unless Pettis decided to go to the mat if he ate a hard shot. Could be fireworks.

My thing with Conor, is that he was hot-shotted to the title scene. I wanted him to start like anyone else and go from a Top 15 opponent, to a Top 10, to a Top 5, then to a title fight, if he was successful. He didn't deserve a title shot because he managed to go 1-1 with Nate, who I think was like #12 or some shit at the time. He doesn't deserve another title shot immediately following the pounding he took.

I guess I want this era of "super fights" and spectacle to die. Now. Just treat him like a fighter, nothing more, nothing less. Everything that has happened with his career, post Aldo, is just idiotic and ultimately hurting the entire promotion. Realistically, at 2-2, he should be fighting someone that's ranked 5-10. Gaethje or Pettis would work.

Last edited:
Kinda want to see if Silva will starve himself down to 170 for a red panty night he acts like he really wants it. Other than that I don't think anyone but Nate, Tony, GSP, or Khabib can pay enough. Lee seems down to do some serious promotion tho

Ch
Chiesa v Condit winner at 170. He's got history with Chiesa and a fight with Condit would be a fun striking match he'd be favored in
Chiesa couldn't dodge a dolly, no way he can dodge that left

lol @ favoring Conor over Condit.

Conor is good but hes not beating top 10 @ WW

Lee is interesting. Why? Because I think Lee is stronger than Khabib over a round and could sap Conor's cardio. If Lee mauls him for two rounds, mounts him, beats him up, then Conor will not have pop on his punches, even tho Lee gasses too.
Just so you know ,I don't even like the guy (conor) but I come on here and I try and calls em as I sees em. Conors lefts and hooks are lethal at 145- 155. It was crazy watching him touch Alvarez in title fight with 50% power shots before stoppage. Eddie was flapping and falling all over the place.I also think 155 UFC division is crazy right now and wouldn't " be shocked" by any outcome. It's just one man's opinion but Conor has been somewhat exposed when someone gets their digits around his neck..... not a good look for gregor.We'll see what happens- he's got 5 more fights on contract and next dust up must end with his arm getting raised otherwise he's got problems but the way he carries himself, he'll just say he's a millionaire 130 times over so he'll probably smirk instead of the " we either win or learn" adage that he used to say.

Just so you know ,I don't even like the guy (conor) but I come on here and I try and calls em as I sees em. Conors lefts and hooks are lethal at 145- 155. It was crazy watching him touch Alvarez in title fight with 50% power shots before stoppage. Eddie was flapping and falling all over the place.I also think 155 UFC division is crazy right now and wouldn't " be shocked" by any outcome. It's just one man's opinion but Conor has been somewhat exposed when someone gets their digits around his neck..... not a good look for gregor.We'll see what happens- he's got 5 more fights on contract and next dust up must end with his arm getting raised otherwise he's got problems but the way he carries himself, he'll just say he's a millionaire 130 times over so he'll probably smirk instead of the " we either win or learn" adage that he used to say.
Oh yah, I can appreciate that. It is very valid and very likely outcome.

To me, Conor looked not the same versus Khabib, and that he looked sharper and better Eddie, Nate and Aldo. Maybe he needs to get motivated again. I can easily see him Eddie'ing Lee but if he went down in one minute vs Khabib, the more explosive Lee could be bad news. Obviously, Lee does not have the finesse and ground control of Lee, but Lee mauled Barboza arguably worse than Khabib.....and, he put it on Tony, who is a good wrestler.

Id love to see Conor versus anyone at 155 tho, from Duffy, to Lando to the top guys, but I will be surprised if he fights another five. He may, but that is a lot for someone that is financially set and quit the sport before he received the call from the UFC. I just hope if he comes back, he has that same fire in his eye that he had when he fought Aldo. Kavanagh's interviews shed a lot of light why he was sluggish: he retired before the May fight, he didn't do MMA or wrestling for like one and a half year, he was juggling his whiskey business, a new kid, traveling, partying, etc. Hopefully he 'learns' since he did not win.

Poirier ain't worth the time. He already starched him in one round at FW.

If he doesn't fight Khabib next then he's fighting either Tony or Nate. Ferguson's the next best opponent to get a win over in the LW division, and Conor and Nate are tied 1-1. I'd bet on it being Ferguson over Diaz at the moment if we don't see Conor vs Khabib II.

I'm saying gathje or lee. If he wants a rematch with khabib he needs to beat at least one of these guys. The Justin fight would be entertaining as fuck and the lee fight would give hope that he could beat khabib in a rematch. I'd really like to see conor fight twice before fighting for the title with the fight be two out of the following 3: justin, Kevin, nate
Nate Conor 3 would be boring imo
I want to see an Aldo rematch. Always wonder what would have happened if he didn't lunge in like an idiot and get dropped in 13. He might have won and the UFC would be so different
Khabib rematch should be off the table at the moment. Needs a few wins before considering it

He needs fights he can win so no Tony, Khabib or maybe not even Nate.

Striker with a weak chin

It might be time for a Dennis Siver rematch. This time it will be personal.

Conor should prepare for and fight Lee if he's serious about rematching Khabib. Conor needs to prove to himself that he can beat actual man sized wrestlers before he faces Khabib again. And no, Eddie is no wrestler, he's a brawler.

Back