Who ruined Weidman?

I have strange feeling ,that Wedman's corner should have thrown the towel on at least three occasions:
Rockhold fight (plenty of time)
Mousasi fight (after knee to the head when your fighter acts weird, you step in and get them out of there)
Souza fight (didn't have much time in this fight, that's mostly on ref)

Romero fight (before Chris signed the contract)

Could be Vitor even if Vitor lost remember F=MA and when you get hit by punches with extreme acceleration behind then they are gonna leave permanent damage.
Just like I think Max ate to many laser beams from Aldo in his fights hence the slurry talking and hard time making weight are all signs of permanent brain damage.

Weidman was and still is fine. The problems he has now are the same problems he had before USADA. He has looked really good against everyone he lost to early in the fight.

His gas tank is not the greatest. Once his gas starts to go, he starts making a bunch of defensive mistakes. The difference is now is he literally is fighting the most consecutive killers out of anyone in MMA and they are making him pay for those mistakes.

Weidman didn't get ruined and the Billy Noname fanboys of the division are still salty about their fighters being stuck in the low double digits on social media.

Jacare & Rockhold; & Weidman v Rockhold were the fights of the decade.

I am not sad. I want him to be punished even more.

He celebrates Silva wins, dances around the cage when Silva had his accident, forces people to get behind him, consistantly whines how he is next for the title despite losing. He needs to grow up, and let his defeats be a harsh reality check that he won't have a massive silver spoon in his mouth for being American in UFC.
Jesus christ!

USADA with the IV Ban. He could no longer drop like 25+ pounds of water in a short period of time and rehydrate safely like before. The IV ban ruined a lot of fighters careers.

Despite the trash talk in here, and coming from someone who thinks prime Silva would have owned him... Weidman is a very talented fighter. He just faced a murderers row of MW talent and couldn't hold up.

Did I enjoy the nosedive? A little bit. But it doesn't mean he's a can.

Back