Who ruined Weidman?

The Chris is not a bad guy but his sense of entitlement and constant whining has caused me to thoroughly enjoy his downfall. If he wasn't so much bigger than KG, he would've lost that one too. Actually got saved by the bell in the first. He needs to go back to fighting the Derek Brunson's and Brad Tavareses of the division to find success. Both him and David Branch are the top gatekeepers of the division.

I have strange feeling ,that Wedman's corner should have thrown the towel on at least three occasions:
Rockhold fight (plenty of time)
Mousasi fight (after knee to the head when your fighter acts weird, you step in and get them out of there)
Souza fight (didn't have much time in this fight, that's mostly on ref)

They all did collectively...he lost to people who were simply better than he was.

I was a fan of Weidman and its sad to see him like this. I personally believe that his downfall has something to do with Herb Dean. He was getting beat up on the ground to a pulp for an entire round before the fight was stopped. There was no coming back from that, kind of same what happened to JDS. It is very hard to come back the same from a prolonged beating. DO you guys think Weidman would have been doing better if the Luke fight was stopped earlier?
I am not sad. I want him to be punished even more.

He celebrates Silva wins, dances around the cage when Silva had his accident, forces people to get behind him, consistantly whines how he is next for the title despite losing. He needs to grow up, and let his defeats be a harsh reality check that he won't have a massive silver spoon in his mouth for being American in UFC.

He developed pillow fists.

Look at the Munoz fight and how quickly he turned into a bloody steak or the Anderson fight when he hurt him in the clinch.

Now look at the Jacare fight/Romero/Rockhold fights. He's not able to hurt them at all.

Needs to go upto light heavy and see if he gets his power back there. If not then retire.

He was looking great last fight until he wasn't.

You know, these top guys deserve a showcase fight once in a while. Keep them a little busier, have more big names on each card, and let them get some confidence back after a couple losses to the very best. It reminds everybody how good they are, gets them exposure, and sets up future fights better.

Himself. The way he handled the Rockhold loss ruined him. He didn't let himself get humbled, he kept making excuses in his mind and acting entitled instead of learning from the loss and improving.

Weidman is good but he was never great

This is nonsense. The fights against Anderson aside, he went on to handily beat the dreaded MW version of PRIME Machida (the long awaited MW Machida was a big deal, everyone knew he would be a great force at MW but never came down from LHW because of his relationship with Anderson, same as Cain/DC situation) and then he finishes TRTitor who until this day is one of the greatest forces the UFC has ever seen.

Weidman was GREAT, his time has just passed.

Beating Anderson made Chris' head even bigger than it usually is. Who knows what he was thinking or what his team was telling him.

Himself. The way he handled the Rockhold loss ruined him. He didn't let himself get humbled, he kept making excuses in his mind and acting entitled instead of learning from the loss and improving.

It wouldn't have changed anything. Romero, Mouasi, Jacare all still would have smashed him the way they did. Weidman was never anywhere near their league and would have gotten smashed against all of those old men he beat if they were in their prime.

IV-ban completedly ruined his cardio which was not great to begin with.

Either USADA or he cuts too much weight. He hit Jacare with lots of shots just didn't really hurt him at all. Either needs to admit he isn't as good as he was when he was on steroids or move up and gain some speed and strength.

This is nonsense. The fights against Anderson aside, he went on to handily beat the dreaded MW version of PRIME Machida (the long awaited MW Machida was a big deal, everyone knew he would be a great force at MW but never came down from LHW because of his relationship with Anderson, same as Cain/DC situation) and then he finishes TRTitor who until this day is one of the greatest forces the UFC has ever seen.

Weidman was GREAT, his time has just passed.

He waited untill Vitor had his TRT taken away from him. You pretended and lied in your shameful post by claiming he beat TRTitor. He beat the deflated version who was off the stuff and still almost got finished. The real TRTitor would have broken both of his eyeball bones, Like romero knee x 2.

And like I said from the beginning: he was always overrated...

And some people here thought he could move up and win from jones<45>

He waited untill Vitor had his TRT taken away from him. You pretended and lied in your shameful post by claiming he beat TRTitor. He beat the deflated version who was off the stuff and still almost got finished. The real TRTitor would have broken both of his eyeball bones, Like romero knee x 2.
Here's the thing though, Vitor was abusing TRT and it was the only reason he was able to go on his KO streak as well. Weidman was not on TRT so it was just an even playing field.

Back