Who remembers the era of “The Spider”?

brawlnsprawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I’m talking when he came in and started by bashing Leben, then would go on to destroy Rich twice and defend up until the Weidman fight. It was quite a ride...

Gratuitous HL reel-

yes, a lot of us remember it

Is the thread title a rhetorical question?

You mean when Bumble bee wore spandex and did spirit fingers.

He eventually had to fight Weidman / Sonnen level guys.

Lots of good fights, plus some stinkers. Declined pretty fast when he couldn't have his boner drinks anymore.

Go back to Japan
To becoming the man
Not giving a damn
If you were his fan
Crush you like a can
With his foot knee elbow or hand
Chael had the best plan
Until the Spider ran
Into the fist of Chris Weidman
All you doggers across the land
Take it from me, USADA just doesn't understand

I’m talking when he came in and started by bashing Leben, then would go on to destroy Rich twice and defend up until the Weidman fight. It was quite a ride...

Gratuitous HL reel-

And people kept saying how Weidman sas the third coming of christ and the best MW ever.

Truth was he was Silva’s kryptonite (great wrestling, good grappling, heavy hands) AND Silva got old. He’s not the GOAT MW. Hell, he’s not even best of his time.

It’s possible no one will ever beat Silva’s run at MW. If someone does, it certainly will be without that flashiness, incredible finishes and magic tricks.

There’s people saying McGregor is the best ever to fight in the UFC, yet he loses to LW gatekeeper/former contender in Nate Diaz. Like........ Really?

<{silvanormal}>

As much as I want to be cynical and mock you for your thread title...I’ll refrain and consider that there are plenty of newer fans here that may actually have not been around for it.

To those of you that happen to be newer fans....it was fucking awesome!

And I miss those days

<mma1>

If you didn't see the Spider era that most likely means McGregor was your introduction to MMA

He has the GOAT highlight reel...too many drug fails for GOAT conversation though

kendall-grove-bellator-143-weigh-ins.jpg

Go back to Japan
To becoming the man
Not giving a damn
If you were his fan
Crush you like a can
With his foot knee elbow or hand
Chael had the best plan
Until the Spider ran
Into the fist of Chris Weidman
All you doggers across the land
Take it from me, USADA just doesn't understand

dhMeAzK.gif

As much as I want to be cynical and mock you for your thread title...I’ll refrain and consider that there are plenty of newer fans here that may actually have not been around for it.

To those of you that happen to be newer fans....it was fucking awesome!

And I miss those days

<mma1>
Gotta educate the youth, and man he was something special, he would go up in weight to save a show 3x! No belt needed just for the fun of it, the challenge.

Gotta educate the youth, and man he was something special, he would go up in weight to save a show 3x! No belt needed just for the fun of it, the challenge.
Unless the challenge was against someone like Shogun Machida or Jones

I remember haha my personal favorite fighter made it better vs Belfort bc my brother is\was a huge Belfort fan we debated on and on before that fight

Back