Who ranked the Non-UFC TUF fighters and should they be fired?

David Street

Use skills
@Brown
Reaction score
1. Alexandre Pantoja (Resurrection Fighting Alliance) – Ranked #1 (Team Cejudo – second pick)
2.Yoni Sherbatov (Xcessive Force Fighting Championship - Canada) – Ranked #2 (Team Cejudo – fourth pick)
3.Tim Elliott (Titan Fighting Championships) – Ranked #3 (Team Benavidez – first pick)
4.Damacio Page (Legacy Fighting Championship) – Ranked #4 (Team Benavidez – third pick)
5.Hiromasa Ogikubo (Shooto - Japan) – Ranked #5 (Team Benavidez – seventh pick)
6.Matt Schnell (Legacy Fighting Championship - interim) – Ranked #6 (Team Cejudo – sixth pick)
7.Ronaldo Cândido (Shooto - South America) – Ranked #7 (Team Benavidez – fifth pick)
8.Terrence Mitchell (Alaska Fighting Championship) – Ranked #8 (Team Benavidez)
9.Kai Kara-France (Bragging Rights Fight Series - Australia) – Ranked #9 (Team Cejudo – eight pick)
10.Jamie Alvarez (Absolute Fighting Championship) – Ranked #10 (Team Cejudo)
11.Matt Rizzo (Ring of Combat)– Ranked #11 (Team Benavidez)
12.Nkazimulo Zulu (Extreme Fighting Championship - South Africa) – Ranked #12 (Team Cejudo)
13.Adam Antolin (Tachi Palace Fights) – Ranked #13 (Team Cejudo)
14.Charlie Arnaiz (Hex Fight Series - Australia) – Ranked #14 (Team Cejudo)
15.Eric Shelton (Caged Aggression MMA)– Ranked #15 (Team Benavidez)
16.Brandon Moreno (World Fighting Federation) – Ranked #16 (Team Benavidez)

This is the way UFC ranked them. I would not have ranked them like this most of you would not have. Are the ones ranking these fighters, the same that pick the new hires? Should they be fired?

If I was in the UFC I would look for people who got it more right and hire them.

What do you think?

This is happening again, first TUF to make it was TUF 20 with strawweights.

Personally, I don't like this system. I have no idea why they are ranked the way they are (Sherbatov over Eliott? I have no idea who this guy is. ), but TUF is much more interesting when the coaches are allowed to pick their fights.

I don't like the format.

I'd rather see coaches pick teams all the way thru and see coaches pick the fights.

umm... the seeds almost line up perfectly with how Benavidez and Cejudo picked the teams.

seeds 1-4 were literally the first 4 picks.

seeds 5, 6, 7 and 9 were picks 4-8. (Pick 8 ended up being the right one, as Kai beat Mitchell.)

sounds like whoever seeded the tournament did an exceptionally good job to me.

umm... the seeds almost line up perfectly with how Benavidez and Cejudo picked the teams.

seeds 5, 6, 7 and 9 were picks 4-8. (Pick 8 ended up being the right one, as Kai beat Mitchell.)

Have to agree here, no idea what op is talking about. I assume Shelby ranked them and it's pretty close to how most would do it imo

Foreshadow of future fights and ranks in the UFC after Joe Silva leaves?

1. Alexandre Pantoja (Resurrection Fighting Alliance) – Ranked #1 (Team Cejudo – second pick)
2.Yoni Sherbatov (Xcessive Force Fighting Championship - Canada) – Ranked #2 (Team Cejudo – fourth pick)
3.Tim Elliott (Titan Fighting Championships) – Ranked #3 (Team Benavidez – first pick)
4.Damacio Page (Legacy Fighting Championship) – Ranked #4 (Team Benavidez – third pick)
5.Hiromasa Ogikubo (Shooto - Japan) – Ranked #5 (Team Benavidez – seventh pick)
6.Matt Schnell (Legacy Fighting Championship - interim) – Ranked #6 (Team Cejudo – sixth pick)
7.Ronaldo Cândido (Shooto - South America) – Ranked #7 (Team Benavidez – fifth pick)
8.Terrence Mitchell (Alaska Fighting Championship) – Ranked #8 (Team Benavidez)
9.Kai Kara-France (Bragging Rights Fight Series - Australia) – Ranked #9 (Team Cejudo – eight pick)
10.Jamie Alvarez (Absolute Fighting Championship) – Ranked #10 (Team Cejudo)
11.Matt Rizzo (Ring of Combat)– Ranked #11 (Team Benavidez)
12.Nkazimulo Zulu (Extreme Fighting Championship - South Africa) – Ranked #12 (Team Cejudo)
13.Adam Antolin (Tachi Palace Fights) – Ranked #13 (Team Cejudo)
14.Charlie Arnaiz (Hex Fight Series - Australia) – Ranked #14 (Team Cejudo)
15.Eric Shelton (Caged Aggression MMA)– Ranked #15 (Team Benavidez)
16.Brandon Moreno (World Fighting Federation) – Ranked #16 (Team Benavidez)

This is the way UFC ranked them. I would not have ranked them like this most of you would not have. Are the ones ranking these fighters, the same that pick the new hires? Should they be fired?

If I was in the UFC I would look for people who got it more right and hire them.

What do you think?

you don't know me bud.

but in a way, you're right. I wouldn't have ranked them at all. so...I guess I'm outta here.

I don't know almost any of the fighters, but I noticed the same thing about how the seeding matched fairly closely with the coaches' picks. It was interesting that the 1st and 16th was a war and 8th and ninth was a blowout, but styles make fights.

I don't know almost any of the fighters, but I noticed the same thing about how the seeding matched fairly closely with the coaches' picks. It was interesting that the 1st and 16th was a war and 8th and ninth was a blowout, but styles make fights.

I was pretty impressed with that little fool from Australia(?) maybe....he closed distance REAL well.

I was pretty impressed with that little fool from Australia(?) maybe....he closed distance REAL well.

The nervous kid from New Zealand? Yeah, he fucked up flyweight Jon Jones pretty quickly. Someone needs to teach that lanky kid how to use teep kicks to the knees.

I think I'm caught up on this season. Saw the first two fights only though.

I really don't like the seed format. I'd prefer the coaches picking the fights. It adds more intrigue and meaning to who wins and loses, because then the fate of their team's next matchup is decided by the outcome of the fight. Obviously, the seeding has proven to mean nothing so far, so why not just let them pick...

Great season though.

I prefer seasons where they have a fight to get into the house, especially because it's a good way to learn who each person is.

Back