Who of those guys would beat Canelo?

what is the point in weight limits at all? We are gonna care if someone comes in over the max but not under the minimum? And I do realize this has been done many times. I know that Roy Jones Jr didn't meet the heavyweight minimum against John Ruiz either.

My point it, Canelo has only had 1 fight at the real middleweight limit and he didn't win. He shouldn't be favored against anyone on the list asked. Not when he's blatantly ducked the division until he had to or risk his reputation to the point it wouldn't have been able to recover.
All that matter is that you aren't over weight. Pacquiao won a title at 154 and never fought at the weight.

And blatantly ducked the division? Come on. He beat the lineal champ and fought to a draw with the next highest rated fighter at the weight too.

what is the point in weight limits at all? We are gonna care if someone comes in over the max but not under the minimum? And I do realize this has been done many times. I know that Roy Jones Jr didn't meet the heavyweight minimum against John Ruiz either.

My point it, Canelo has only had 1 fight at the real middleweight limit and he didn't win. He shouldn't be favored against anyone on the list asked. Not when he's blatantly ducked the division until he had to or risk his reputation to the point it wouldn't have been able to recover.

YEAH FUCK WEIGHTLIMITS I WANNA SEE PRIME TYSON VS PRIME PACQUIAO AND WATCH MANNY BEAT HIS BRAKES OFF.

YEAH FUCK WEIGHTLIMITS I WANNA SEE PRIME TYSON VS PRIME PACQUIAO AND WATCH MANNY BEAT HIS BRAKES OFF.
I know right? Fighters changing weights and fighting bigger guys is such a rare occurrence in boxing, how ludicrous. Catch weights too. Canelo is literally the first fighter to ever do it.
giphy.gif

I know right? Fighters changing weights and fighting bigger guys is such a rare occurrence in boxing, how ludicrous. Catch weights too. Canelo is literally the first fighter to ever do it.
giphy.gif
Most fighters also don't drop their title and drop a weight class just to avoid facing a mandatory challenger who is ranked 1 in the division. Canelo did.

Most fighters also don't drop their title and drop a weight class just to avoid facing a mandatory challenger who is ranked 1 in the division. Canelo did.
Happens more often than you think. You only care here because you're more of a Golovkin fan.

Floyd is an ATG and Canello was very green. GGG holds his own with anyone on that list and beats a shit ton of them.

Not exactly embarrassing marks in Canelo’s career.

Yes very green at 43 pro fights lol. He won 3 rounds vs floyd if you were being generous, and arguably lost against GGG. He is a good boxer puncher, but as with many boxing stars, well over rated these days.

Michael Nunn & James Toney anyone?

Hagler would be a pretty bad fight for canelo. If Golovkin is 50/50 with Canelo then I have to figure prime Hagler beats him.

The non shop warn Hagler hunts Canelo down and breaks him.

Rjj in a landslide

Jackson- pick em, but I’d put money on Jackson landing a fight changing shot.

So my concern with Hopkins is he had a magic ability to make people fight his fight. As long as Canelo is Canelo, I think he wins by volume.

If he stands and looks at Hopkins like so many of his opponents then he’s doomed.

<{nope}>

I don't see it. Canelo would out work him, win on aggression.

Hopkins is naturally bigger, just was great at keeping his weight down. He has a 5 inch height adv and at least that in reach adv. He would use his range and movement, his jab, and then clinch when Canelo comes in to attack, sometimes throwing a short counter right leading up to the clinch. Not the most exciting fight, an ugly UD for Hopkins.

So my concern with Hopkins is he had a magic ability to make people fight his fight. As long as Canelo is Canelo, I think he wins by volume.

If he stands and looks at Hopkins like so many of his opponents then he’s doomed.

GGG was doing well with his jab vs Canelo in the first fight, and he has the same arm length or shorter than Canelo. GGG isnt the biggest MW. We have to realize that Canelo has only fought GGG, Chavez Jr, and Fielding at 160 or above. All of whom Hopkins would smoke. Cotto fight was at 155, and Cotto only won the title vs a super shot Martinez, who Hopkins would also beat in their primes.

Hopkins has a couple inches on even Danny Jacobs, who is a huge MW. I would pick Jacobs over Canelo, if not for Jacobs always fighting down to his opponent. Hopkins literally does the exact opposite and makes the opponent fight his game (as you mentioned).

I would pick someone like Pavlik also to beat Canelo for the same reason. Canelo would come forward and eat a 1-1-2 all night.

Now, Trinidad vs Canelo at 160 would be a good fight, in terms of historical match ups.

That’s a legit post. Well done

Definitely favor Hagler and Jones. Leonard is a stylistic nightmare, but also wasn't at his best at 160 so I'm not gonna put a prediction down on that one. Probably favor Hearns, and McCallum. McClellan definitely has a shot, but I favor Canelo somewhat. The rest get butchered by Canelo.

I dont think Hopkins "smokes" Canelo or GGG. I feel Canelo is the sharpest of the 3, and would be able to outbox Hopkins.

Back