Who listened to JRE MMA with militech?

Good episode I enjoyed it. I couldn't believe some of the stories he had, but can only take his word for it, seems like a good guy.

Yeah, he's always been like that. I listened to a podcast with him and Chael a while ago, and you know it's bad when you're more full of shit than Chael. And to top it off he's a conspiracy nut.

With that said, I enjoy his fight analysis and commentary.

1. Never had a concussion.
  2. Fought his way out of a bar while guys were wailing on him with pool cues.
  3. Matt Hughes was/is stronger than 10 supermans.
  4. Got hit in the head with a brick, turned around like nothing happened and scared the guy (like in the movies) and then police dogs were let loose on the crowd.

It's hard to get a gauge of it when you take it out of context. Lets color it in a little (I just finished the episode)

1. He expounds for some time explaining this, notably that he tried not to get hit and worked hard to roll with punches and fight and train intelligently. When sparring, he specifically says headgear and shin guards. He's talking about not getting a concussion in the classical sense (e.g. out cold, nausea, standard symptoms) He didn't say he doesn't think he's had any brain trauma, but that he feels lucky to have mitigated it compared to many of his peers.

2. Pat was in his early 20's, physical prime, and a trained wrestler and fighter. Shortly after this, he would objectively be called one of the best unarmed combatants on planet earth. Pat was sober and working - the guys he was bouncing were sloppy drunk and in a may-lay. He was choking out and tossing untrained, drunk people. I'd bet everything I own top 5 welterweights right now could toss multiple drunk untrained slobs from a bar, its common sense this is possible, even if embellished.

3. Matt Hughes was cartoonishly strong and literally made his career on this. Matt being strong compared to his peers is something undisputed by virtually everyone with firsthand knowledge. This is a nothing sandwich you are making.

4. Pat explains he rolled from the brick and didn't take the brunt of it, and lucky that he didn't.

For everyone else: This was a fun interview if you haven't heard it, don't listen to these jabronis. Pat is a living legend and well credentialed to tell the stories he did, none of it was bombastic.

bullshit detector exploded

even his multiple doctors had bullshit stories... for 3 years he would go into Vietcong tunnels.. murder everyone and sleep with the bodies

Did he say that he did this? Entered these tunnels? He would have been 5 years old.

Sorry - didn't watch the podcast.

4. Got hit in the head with a brick, turned around like nothing happened and scared the guy (like in the movies) and then police dogs were let loose on the crowd.
1. He just isnt education on the true meaning of concussion. He is just saying he has never been KO'd cold.
2. Very believable, the guys were probably untrained and drunk.
3. Clearly embellished.
4. Very believable, he was bouncing at a bar so plenty of drunk meatheads.

What surprised me was that he wrestled with the pickers guy.

images

And that he's a tough sumbitch.

Allegedly.

1. No way in hell Miletich didn't get mildly concussed in practice
2. Maybe
3. No
4. No

I really like him but I get the feeling he embellishes his stories somewhat. It makes things more interesting without being outright dishonest, so I don't hate it so much.

I thought it was one of the better JRE's in recent memory. Lot of good stories even if they were exaggerated. Pat's solid on the mic.

I'm sure there's truth to his stories but am I the only one who thought he was gratuitously embellishing them? He seems like kind of a bull shitter.
My exact thoughts. I wonder how hard joe had to contain himself when Militech had a more extraordinary story to answer any theme/article/topic joe brought up.

one of the best ww's ever

Tbh i believed all his stories apart from not having a concussion once, that is just impossible.

What the hell ever happened to him as a trainer? There was a time in the sport he was like the most well-known trainer in the UFC. Haven’t seen him in many years.

Maybe the bikers were fixie riders drinking PBR.

And we he got hit by a brick, maybe a lego brick?

You’re crazy if you think 10 Superman’s are equal to 1 Matt Hughes with a hearty country breakfast. Get 30 and then we’re talkin bub.

I'm sure there's truth to his stories but am I the only one who thought he was gratuitously embellishing them? He seems like kind of a bull shitter.
Thanks for the heads TS...
I know what I’ll be listening to tonight while I’m in the shop loading up some 5.56

I was more shocked when he talked about some hunting dude who would walk in and starch all the elite fighters in sparring

But then again MMA was an F level athlete sport back then

Back