Who listened to JRE MMA with militech?

Pat did seem to force his stories out.
Foking amazing podcast still.

Bikers are fat drunk bums. And he said he saw the brick coming and rolled his head with it. What is sooo hard to believe? The guy was the fucking champ. Something the TS would never be at anything.

He was also the inspiration for the Ray Jackson character in bloodsport.

tenor.gif

I think he was bullshitting to some degree but I thought it was a really interesting podcast. especially the stories about pat cornering and training fighters at MFS and what he did growing up in Iowa

which ones?

“So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show.”

Thought the same, still a good podcast tho

Has anyone who has done a Martial Art not heard stories from their coach or other coaches telling their old war stories?

They're always in fights somehow, for no reason.

I bet Militech's bar story was something along the lines of; 'so this biker guy bumps into me, spilling his beer and I apologised and offered to buy him a fresh one, but then all hell broke loose........'

I think he fancies himself some kind of action star, or folk hero.

I actually thought it was one of Rogan's better podcasts because he doesn't yap as much about drugs and diet when he gets alpha'd by his guest. Miletich was over the top, but the guy was pretty badass in his UFC run. He probably keeps in touch with guys from his school who serve as an echo chamber for the good ol' days.

“So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show.”
GIF-Staring-GIF.gif

What specifically do you think he was bullshitting about?

The apparent offense Hughes took to being asked if he had some "help".

hughes-thumb-1-720x405.jpg

Obvious result of strictly country breakfast + pounding behind the barn.

Nah I think for example him and Bas have had a crazy life where random weirdness like getting thrown into a Swedish prison or fighting a gang of bikers happens. A lot of mma fighters have crazy stories that tend to check out...although you have BS artists as well, but I don't think Pat or Bas constantly make stuff up.

Life can be quite exciting when you are a pro fighter and actually leave the house once in a while

1. Never had a concussion.
  2. Fought his way out of a bar while guys were wailing on him with pool cues.
  3. Matt Hughes was/is stronger than 10 supermans.
  4. Got hit in the head with a brick, turned around like nothing happened and scared the guy (like in the movies) and then police dogs were let loose on the crowd.
That's not what happen, he didn't say he scared the guy like in the movies, he knocked him out.
Damn! #4 sounds ridiculous.

bullshit detector exploded

even his multiple doctors had bullshit stories... for 3 years he would go into Vietcong tunnels.. murder everyone and sleep with the bodies
Do you know anything about what Vietnam was like? That's mild compared to the many historical facts we know of.

Did I hear it right when he said he ran a 4.4?

I find Pat to be an honest, no bullshit kind of guy.

For those blasting him about never suffering a concussion... you have to remember that the criteria for a concussion has changed drastically over the years.

When Pat says he hasn't suffered a concussion, that probably means he never suffered a serious concussion where he was knocked out and had worrying symptoms afterwards. Or it can mean he's been hit so many times he doesn't remember suffering one. It doesn't make him a bullshitter.

Back