Who is your personal boxing hero?...not just inside also outside the ring?

Gabe Rosado. I love Pacquiao but no one is as tough as Rosado.

hmmm not sure. max schmeiling seems pretty admirable. hw champ of the world, lived in nazi germany but still helped save some jewish people, after learning of joe louis' hard times he befriended him and tried to help him out financially. pretty cool.

right now watching guys like inoue and lomachenko and how they train really motivates me to train everyday
Schmeling is as big as an icon can be here in germany...

Hitler kept inviting him for dinner and stuff...he turned him down and never went...

Yes, he did go to war...in 1941...as a paratrooper and when he had his first mission he "somehow injured himself while landing"...and went back home.
(If you did not participate in WW2 as a german male, when they called you, lets just say that would be bad news for you...so as soon as he stepped foot on the "hostile ground" in greek...injury...got a medal and went home)

My grandma also told me that she, the family and the neighbours used to listen to his fights on the radio at someone's house who had a radio back in the day. She said the excitement was unbeleavable...
...(as i think about it..it is crazy how times and technology have changed in like 80 years...i'm just using my phone to communicate with the world and back then having a radio was the ultimate shit!)

Schmeling is as big as an icon can be here in germany...

Hitler kept inviting him for dinner and stuff...he turned him down and never went...

Yes, he did go to war...in 1941...as a paratrooper and when he had his first mission he "somehow injured himself while landing"...and went back home.
(If you did not participate in WW2 as a german male, when they called you, lets just say that would be bad news for you...so as soon as he stepped foot on the "hostile ground" in greek...injury...got a medal and went home)

My grandma also told me that she, the family and the neighbours used to listen to his fights on the radio at someone's house who had a radio back in the day. She said the excitement was unbeleavable...
...(as i think about it..it is crazy how times and technology have changed in like 80 years...i'm just using my phone to communicate with the world and back then having a radio was the ultimate shit!)
I don't understand the point of this post unless you were trying to say being a nazi is cool as long as you chuck some cash at local businesses?

I'm in my mid 30's and never cared to have a hero, secret santa or pen pal. You can only fully rely on yourself in this world. Google search is a close second.

I don't understand the point of this post unless you were trying to say being a nazi is cool as long as you chuck some cash at local businesses?
What??????
When did i say being a nazi is cool and between which lines did you read that?

What??????
When did i say being a nazi is cool and between which lines did you read that?
Obviously a misunderstanding from your reaction but you recollect the nazis in what seems like a positive light. I hate the cunts.

schmeling was a good man, pbs had a great docu on him, he did sound pretty shrewd because he pretty much had to be, i'm talking about someone who felt he had to use his wits to survive, it worked, i think he was the oldest heavyweight champ of all. all of us are influenced and marked by the times we are in, i never thought of schmeling as a nazi even though that was the hype. And Joe Louis, as submissive and humble and uncle tom (according to ali) was said to be distrustful of whites and didn't like being around them, as the Cus D'amato character in the hbo movie tyson said "he was a black man in a white world and he hated it". I think there is some truth to that, similarly to Schmeling, he did what he had to do and made the best of it.

Obviously a misunderstanding from your reaction but you recollect the nazis in what seems like a positive light. I hate the cunts.
That definetly is a misunderstanding!

I do not want them to shine in a positive light...! And i am not defending what happend!

Not at all!

Right now Conor McGregor. I need to learn how to talked himself into getting a huge pay day he doesn't deserve

Right now Conor McGregor. I need to learn how to talked himself into getting a huge pay day he doesn't deserve
I
I keep trying to tell you guys, the reason is simple, people are fucking stupid.

Gabe Rosado. I love Pacquiao but no one is as tough as Rosado.
he's a tough fucking prick. underrated toughness for sure And GOT DAMN that scar tissue, he just doesn't give any fucks. Was ready to die in there vs GGG.

I
I keep trying to tell you guys, the reason is simple, people are fucking stupid.
I can attest to this, as long as I can remember being around here, Moz has been saying that ppl are fucking retarded. that's why I respect him. That and his Ali posts, those posts are some of the best I've read here. And that's saying something.

gee thanks, and lets not let me get on my highhorse either, I've done some stupid shit too.

I
This is the fast food equivalent of boxing. Or the Transformer movies of sports. Point is just like the Michael Bay Transformers or Taco Bell, it is marketed towards the lowest common denominator, the masses, to yield the most amount of profit possible for the least amount of quality. Sure, Transformers can be fun to watch and turn you brain off for a couple hours, and Taco Bell is pretty good when you're shitfaced and nothing else is open. But nobody is fooled into thinking Transformers is winning any Oscars and everybody agrees Taco Bell isn't getting any Michelin stars. People with refined taste know better. Anybody with some critical thinking and even a basic understanding of boxing would know this fight isn't much a fight. But the problem is that masses think this is the pinnacle of combat sports and that McGregor actually has a chance.

Yeah, people are stupid.

Has to be Muhammad Ali. Not only was he the greatest in the ring but outside as well. Stood up for his rights and beliefs, helped people, dedicated his life after boxing to charity and giving back. The list can go on and on...

Back