Who is your personal boxing hero?...not just inside also outside the ring?

Reggie Strickland.

Made a niche for himself.

363 fights and stayed relatively healthy

Evander Holyfield for fathering 11 children and supporting 6 different baby mommas.
But he's fucking broke now! Have you seen his old mansion? it's featured in a Netflix doc on boxing. Fuckin sad.

It seems each year there is a new biography of a boxer in the movie theaters.

I'd love to see one done on Augustus

It's not a movie but I believe a sculptor created a bust of him, and it's at the Tate Modern.

Nigel benn - the reason I became a fan and took up the sport as a teenager.

I actually met him at kanya in Ibiza in the late 90s as he was djing there. Can't remember much of the conversation as I was smashed off my nut at the time. I think he was as well??

Last edited:
Nigel benn - the reason I became a fan and took up the sport as a teenager.

I actually met him at kanya in Ibiza in the late 90s as he was djing there. Can't remember much of the conversation as I was smashed off my but at the time. I think he was as well??

Nigel Benn is a warrior, but If Gerald McLellan didn't have something obviously wrong with his head he would've finished Benn.

Nigel Benn is a warrior, but If Gerald McLellan didn't have something obviously wrong with his head he would've finished Benn.

If buts and maybes pal! Nigel was at his most dangerous when hurt, unlike most fighters, 'and he was a true warrior. Benn got a long count in the first as it is but the refs the one that calls the shots. I've said before on this forum that I really rated Gerald; expected him to beat benn and would've been one of the greats. Damn shame

You're proud of putting money in the pocket of someone who beats up women?
Everyone does. Are you an adult? Do you have bills? Do you spend money? Do you pay your taxes?
Your money is going towards far worse things than somebody who gets in to a family domestic dispute. Nature of capitalism.
Oh i get it. Its trendy and posh to virtue signal over a situation you know nothing about.

Mayweather
He has a following that will die for him, spend all their ebt credit to buy TBE gear. Spread the word online about his greatness AND they dont even get paid to do it! Amazing.

I think—once you're over about eight years old—having a "hero" is a bit fuckin' pathetic.

Raising real people—with all their foibles, flaws, wens & warts—up on a pedestal as some ideal to aspire to/live by is not something an emotionally mature person should be doing, IMO. Particularly not a group of people who spend their time getting punched in the face with regularity.

If you must indulge in this sort of practice, you're probably better off finding someone in your community who helps others/does selfless work with those less advantaged than themselves.

Or, more eloquently:

Any guy willing to put his body in the ring and give it a go against another grown man gets a thumbs up from me.

Bernard Hopkins. His work ethic and determination are huge inspiration to me. Even though I stopped competing in martial arts and boxing competition, I still workout everyday and try to be as healthy as I can. I got into boxing when I was 16ish, and he was at the still reigning the middle weight division. I remember the hype videos for the Taylor fights giving me the motivation to bounce back after 2 hernia surgeries.

Tyson Fury. Grew up in the gypsy life from a small island strugging with drugs and alcohol yet won the world title.

Carl Froch.

album_large_3965341.jpg

I preferred him before he got his nose fixed

Mike Tyson.

Always brought the chaos, and with age revealed his warm, intelligent, insightful side.

Back