Who is the "Worst Treated Champion in the History of the UFC"?

'Rocky'

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
By now we've all heard Woodley pull the race card, claiming to be the worst treated champion the UFC has ever had because he is black, and Thompson is entitled to this rematch because he is white (not because they fought to a fuckin' draw or anything). I figured it'd be a good topic to discuss who the worst treated champion ever really was, or is.

My vote goes to Michael Bisping. Everyone is treating him like garbage. From the fans to the fighters who many say he is winning by pure luck and will be losing the title sooner rather than later. Got lucky against Luke who fought like an idiot, beat a super old Dan Henderson, etc...

I am one of those people.

Dominick Cruz was treated pretty badly by Cody Garbrandt when they fought in the cage.

Tim Sylvia... because he's White... and because he used to sleep with his belt. People didn't like that.

Short memories on here, there is only one answer to this...Tim Sylvia. Everyone hates him and treated him like a bum, fans, fighters, the UFC. Dana's visible disgust on his face when he beat Arlovski was LOL. Matt Hughes used to bully him FFS. Heavyweight champion being bullied by a welterweight.

Dude could not catch a break at all.

Conor. Kicked off of 200 was the worst thing to ever happen to a MMA fighter let alone a champion

By the UFC I think Nunes treatment in the fight against Rousey was pretty shitty, also the build up to McGregor vs Aldo treat Aldo in a similar way. Can't agree with Bisping, he was gifted a Hendo rematch and hasn't been forced to fight any top contenders yet.

It's hard to say, but I always thought Benson Henderson got the short end of the stick a lot of the time.

Even black people are bored with Demetrious Johnson fights. Nobody really ever cared for the 125 pound division.

Aldo

The way he was treated by the ufc in favor for the hyping of conor is dispicable

Short memories on here, there is only one answer to this...Tim Sylvia. Everyone hates him and treated him like a bum, fans, fighters, the UFC. Dana's visible disgust on his face when he beat Arlovski was LOL. Matt Hughes used to bully him FFS. Heavyweight champion being bullied by a welterweight.

Dude could not catch a break at all.

Yea I came here to say this.

It was sad, TBH

Back