Who is the staredown GOAT?

Runner up

staredownci2_crop_north.jpg

gQ4Dn99.gif

Anything with Wand. The Wand Rampage ones were super intense.

This. Everyone has encountered people trying to act tough or intimidating, but facing off against a guy before combat and simply getting... nothing? Yikes.
I agree. No pseudo fake macho bullshit at all. But I'd have to say his brother Aleks was even a level higher when it came to noncoholant staredowns. As James Thompson was hyperventilating and punching himself in the face, Aleks looked like he'd popped out to buy a stamp.

I agree. No pseudo fake macho bullshit at all. But I'd have to say his brother Aleks was even a level higher when it came to noncoholant staredowns. As James Thompson was hyperventilating and punching himself in the face, Aleks looked like he'd popped out to buy a stamp.

Agreed, Fedor, Aleksander and Moose look like they're annoyed standing in line with one item behind somebody with a full shopping cart.

From Wikipedia (quoted from http://www.mmamania.com/2011/1/5/1904645/intimidation-the-non-phsyical-aspects-of-mma) and mentioned on Sherdog over the years...

In Fighter’s Only Magazine, a sport's psycholigist had been quoted saying,
"The best when it comes to the stare down is Fedor Emelianenko. Watch him: he does not make eye contact and his entire expression is extremely relaxed - you would think he is about to perform a ballet or something. But here is the crucial thing. When the referee tells them to head back to their corners, Fedor suddenly darts a short look directly at his opponent - or through his opponent, I should say. This kind of look is associated with antisocial behavioral disorders and psychopaths. They don't look at you, they look through you. It's emotionless; it goes deeper than skin level. You will get a lot of fighters who will catch that look and suddenly realize they don't want to be there. Wanderlei Silva has a stare-down that makes you think 'this is gonna hurt', but Fedor's makes you think 'I might die'."

Lawler, even with a smashed up face, has a pretty intimidating stare-down.

maxresdefault.jpg

200.gif

Is it my imagination, or is there a moment there where Rory instinctively covers up his crotch?

Agreed, Fedor, Aleksander and Moose look like they're annoyed standing in line with one item behind somebody with a full shopping cart.
Yep, Moose too. All that "I wanna bang bro" rubbish just seems needy.

Back