Who is the Most Underrated Actor Right Now?

Miles Teller.

Whiplash,Only the Brave,Thank You for Your Service, and Bleed For This, he's great in. War Dogs is a guilty pleasure movie I enjoy too. I know he can have a punchable face at times, but if he's doing somewhat serious roles, I really enjoy his acting.

I was thinking about him clicking on this thread. He is like a more serious less douche version of Show Labouf except he can act.

Woody Harrelson

Yes, he is well known, but I don't think he gets enough props for his actual acting. I feel hes more known for his longevity. He's usually awesome, but in a subtle way, or he's overshadowed by the main character of the movie.
The guy never has a bad performance

Jason Isaacs kills every single roll he's in, particularly the elder Malfoy and Col Tavington from the Patriot, yet he never gets love.

I feel like Karl Urban has stepped up his acting game immensely since like Doom or Pathfinder, yet he's mostly in straight to streaming ish now after Dredd

I still don't think Jon Bernthal gets enough love either

also Ben Foster was the perfect first choice
Not only does he play extremely convincing badasses in 3:10 to Yuma/Hell or High Water/Alpha Dog...but he started out in a teeny bopper movie and also played the meek neighbor with piercings in Punisher...

dude is tremendous

Mark Strong. He's good in whatever he's in, but I feel like he's often cast to bolster a movie (Green Lantern) or show (Low Winter Sun) that has problems or weak writing and never really gets to shine in something strong, say apart from Kingsman. He can do drama, action, and has a sense of humor.

Adam Sandler - Punch Drunk Love - comedy is harder than drama.
Chris Pine and Ben Foster
Cillian Murphy - Sunshine. One of the best sci-fi movies made in awhile minus the ending
Ben Mendelsohn - carried Bloodlines. He is awesome in everything.
Steve Carrell - He does series stuff very well. Comedy is harder than drama.

also Ben Foster was the perfect first choice
Not only does he play extremely convincing badasses in 3:10 to Yuma/Hell or High Water/Alpha Dog...but he started out in a teeny bopper movie and also played the meek neighbor with piercings in Punisher...

dude is tremendous

ben-foster-angel-x-men-3.jpg

If we knew, it would defeat the thread's purpose.

zKJ3gy.gif

Carl weathers.

He was so good in the Rocky movies that he should have won best supporting actor, then he was awesome again on arrested development. Yet he doesn't get work.

Ben Mendelsohn for being typecast as a bad guy recently

Carl weathers.

He was so good in the Rocky movies that he should have won best supporting actor, then he was awesome again on arrested development. Yet he doesn't get work.
honestly I think that's largely a result of Action Jackson

b/c he was the shit in like every role he wasn't the lead, I mean Predator cmon.

also a fellow SDSU alum like myself, respect

Ben foster is my vote.
Been a fan of his since bang bang youre dead.

Kathryn Winnick,

the kid that plays Ivar the Boneless

and Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Especially JRM. You think he get bigger roles after tudors. He is a like a better looking version of Tom Hardy. What did Hardy ever do? He just started as Picard's Clone in that ST Nemesis movie.

Yummy Winnick for sure, she is simply amazing on Vikings and sticking with that...Travis Fimmel because the list is really really short for people that outright 150% nail a role like he did with Ragnar, it could be put out there that his portrayal of Ragnar nailed it harder than any single actor on Game of Thrones.... IMO,

Ivar is a fucking tool and the sooner hes removed from the show's focal point...the better lol

its not entirely Ivar's fault, they portray him as this completely useless((legs)) cripple that is also a better fighter than most of these vikings lol its a fucking joke...someone like that would have been fed to the wolves in those days in that place, I understand they briefly touched on that in the show but the reality is...they wouldnt have thought twice about it nor would any group of blood thirsty fighting men throw their entire stock behind someone that was as impaired as the show portrays him to be, Im not one the people that will whine about the shows authenticity and I can enjoy it for what it is...but cmon....the way they portray him is a fucking joke

Yummy Winnick for sure, she is simply amazing on Vikings and sticking with that...Travis Fimmel because the list is really really short for people that outright 150% nail a role like he did with Ragnar, it could be put out there that his portrayal of Ragnar nailed it harder than any single actor on Game of Thrones.... IMO,

Ivar is a fucking tool and the sooner hes removed from the show's focal point...the better lol

Nah, the Ivar actor is doing a great job of portraying a cripple megalomaniac, mass murderer out of revenge on the world because he is a cripple

Up until a few months ago I would have said Sam Rockwell but I guess things have changed there.

To get arty Angeliki Papoulia(the heartless woman in The Lobster), only ever done 4 films including three by Lanthimos, surprised she hasn't been picked up on more after those.

Wait a minute. Since when has Ben Foster been underrated after Alpha Dog? He's getting many roles. Gets awards and noms. Most know he is great.

Does anyone have the fight scene of his from Alpha dog? Lol.

In all seriousness, John Hawkes

And Oscar Issac
oscar-isaac-suits-gq-02-764x1024.jpg
are a couple that I'd consider underrated.

Though Oscar Issac has somewhat blown up a bit the last couple years.

You mean new Han Solo? Fuck that guy just for participating in the trash that is the new SW.

Nah, the Ivar actor is doing a great job of portraying a cripple megalomaniac, mass murderer out of revenge on the world because he is a cripple
yeah which in terms of realistically happening, they may as well have given him bionic legs, is what Im saying ....he has had moments..I wont completely write him off but unfortunately those moments are followed up with a slap in the face of feasible storytelling when he ends the scene crawling past an army of warriors with his legs dragging behind him like two wet noodles...

Back