Who is the Most Underrated Actor Right Now?

He was fantastic in his early supporting roles. He changed into completely different people depending on the film. Platoon, Point Break, etc. For Surviving the Game, he created a character WAY more detailed and original than required for that type of film.
you made some good comments, who do you think should be considered the most underrated actor right now ?

My choice would go to Ben Foster. He's had great roles in films like Hell or High Water, 3:10 to Yuma, Aplha Dog, Lone Survivor and Histage yet he rarely gets the recognition he deserves.

bond2.gif
Didnt know his name but indeed great actor... thought he was great especialy in Alpha Dog

My choice would go to Ben Foster. He's had great roles in films like Hell or High Water, 3:10 to Yuma, Aplha Dog, Lone Survivor and Histage yet he rarely gets the recognition he deserves.

bond2.gif
Was going to say him as well. He absolutely out acts the lead in whatever he is in.

you made some good comments, who do you think should be considered the most underrated actor right now ?

I wrote in a vote for Garret Dillahunt earlier.

I suppose there are still many who never got their due at all, and thus remain as underrated as ever. Henri Lubatti, Sonya Walger, Cliff Curtis, Robert Knepper. Joe Spinell obviously died a long time ago, but I bring him up from time to time in these kinds of discussions.

He was fantastic in his early supporting roles. He changed into completely different people depending on the film. Platoon, Point Break, etc. For Surviving the Game, he created a character WAY more detailed and original than required for that type of film.

100%

One of the guys who I wish got a bigger shot at some real spotlight. After his run on Scrubs, I always kept my eye out, but he never got anything, despite Dr. Cox being a super dynamic character that you rarely see on sitcoms.

100%

One of the guys who I wish got a bigger shot at some real spotlight. After his run on Scrubs, I always kept my eye out, but he never got anything, despite Dr. Cox being a super dynamic character that you rarely see on sitcoms.

He was great in a TV miniseries called Intensity in the 90s. Not only was he a compelling and menacing villain, but he built his body up to Van Damme-ish levels for the role.

Last edited:
I always thought these guys were also underrated and never really got recognized enough
mike Starr (goodfellas), ghassan Massoud (Saladin from kingdom of heaven), and Gregory Hines (renaissance man)

Especially JRM. You think he get bigger roles after tudors. He is a like a better looking version of Tom Hardy. What did Hardy ever do? He just started as Picard's Clone in that ST Nemesis movie.
Drugs, drugs and drugs. If he didn't have a problem, he would be a super huge star by now.

bond2.gif

After seeing him for the first time a good number of years ago always thought this kid was destined for great things but sadly he never really came to much... at least not thus far anyway. Damn shame because he really is an excellent actor.

Funny, I just saw a movie at the theater with Ben Foster in the lead role, Leave No Trace. It was pretty good. If you want to support your guy and / or indie cinema you should check it out.

06_C06_E36-8_AF9-4_FE9-_AC61-6_BB62995841_B.jpg

bond2.gif

I'm not sure he truly fits but bill hader been putting in work in barry.

This dude immediately comes to mind
379216a2bf59f9fa39e114267ec47752c254749b3d11e571f5502daaa40c3db0.jpg
Growing up I remember he was on some lame show where he played the grandpa. I never really knew he had any diversity until I saw him in the Firm with Tom Cruise. He was great.

100%

He initially took SCRUBS so he could stay at home longer to be with his son, who has special needs, maybe autism. Now with that sitcom money he probably likes being super choosy.

He initially took SCRUBS so he could stay at home longer to be with his son, who has special needs, maybe autism. Now with that sitcom money he probably likes being super choosy.

That's pretty sad. McGinley is pure gold. Respect him putting his family first

Back