Who is the most physically gifted athlete of all time?

Yeah unlike people like yourself who see the least athletic, most out of shape person they've ever seen every morning when you wake up and look in the mirror.

I actually wrestled at around 170 for almost a decade in high school and college and had about 12% body fat(changed a little bit with age but still in great shape nonetheless). Wrestling got me into mma which is how I ended up here. I’d probably be among one of those “most athletic person you’ve ever seen.” Nice try though, worked out for you about as well as the Gayders trading Mack.

They could run with cornerbacks and also run through cornerbacks.

They were hilariously more athletic than most CBs.

They of course are stronger than CBs. That is the specialty of their position. But can they play the position of CB? Do they have the reaction, agility, speed, endurance, and still maintain enough power in the engine to tackle someone?

I actually wrestled at around 170 for almost a decade in high school and college and had about 12% body fat(changed a little bit with age but still in great shape nonetheless). Wrestling got me into mma which is how I ended up here. I’d probably be among one of those “most athletic person you’ve ever seen.” Nice try though, worked out for you about as well as the Gayders trading Mack.
Whoa whoa no need to get all defensive there buddy lol I'm sure you're a beast

Whoa whoa no need to get all defensive there buddy lol I'm sure you're a beast

Never said I’m a beast but I’m also not the most out of shape person lol. It’s also pretty much mandatory to make fun of gayder fans for the Mack trade at this point. At least they didn’t lose to the browns at home.

He was ahead of his time that's for sure. My only issue with Jonah is (and this will be sacrilegious) is that from about 98/99 he seemed to have lost his initial burst of speed. I don't know if it was his sickness or they changed his training program or just everyone else catching up but I felt that instead of hitting top speed off the bat list he did in 95/96, it took him about 10 metres to get going. Again it could be the defensive systems as well in that they did better at shutting him down.

Now I'm going to go sit in the corner and think about what I've just done..

shame on you

lol, but seriously it's true that it didn't seem quite as electric in terms of his first step (from the footage I have seen), he seemed bit heavier too...but he was still far faster than someone that size has any right to be. Here he is torching Scotland in 2001 while playing for the babas:

I mean Jonah is basically our equivalent of Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker, the NFL wanted him in '95 but he turned them down to play the sport he loved and represent his country...

Last edited:
Never said I’m a beast but I’m also not the most out of shape person lol. It’s also pretty much mandatory to make fun of gayder fans for the Mack trade at this point. At least they didn’t lose to the browns at home.
We're so numb to abuse, it's not even funny. I stopped getting my hopes up in 2006 when we went 4-0 in the pre-season then started the season 0-5 to finish with the worst record in the league. The Mack trade was/is a disaster but I'm not surprised. They'll blow the draft picks on linebackers or defensive backs that will never pan out.

Peter Beardsley

MV5BNWY5Y2UxYmUtM2IyMC00YzI5LWFjNmMtNjEzYjg2ZGE5ZWI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

Handsome? No. Gifted athlete? No.

But the motherfucker could PLAY. Would easily be worth £100M these days.

ya but you were in highschool for a decade

you should be more athletic than a bunch of highschoolers with 6 years on them

ya but you were in highschool for a decade

you should be more athletic than a bunch of highschoolers with 6 years on them

I said and college you dumb shit.. I also coached for a couple years hence the “almost a decade”

You’re one to poke at anyone’s intelligence when you think trubisky is good and Allen is more athletic than cam newton lmao.

I said Trubisky is a project (which he is) and Allen IS more athletic than Can Newton

Not even a hot take, just an objective fact. He's even more intelligent than Can.

Jim Thorpe
Oly gold in pentathlon and decathlon.
Played college and pro football.
Played pro basketball and baseball.

Last edited:
Back