Who Is The Most Dangerous Fighter In The World?

I am so looking forward to Khabib/Tony. I see Khabib and I can tell you I'm scared. Scared that somebody is gonna put one of these...

upload_2018-2-23_22-36-44.jpeg

...in front of him the week before the fight and it will be too dangerous for him to try to make weight and the fight will be off...AGAIN.

This is the fight I've been most excited for in the last 2 years. If it gets cancelled again I will lose my mind.

You make a fair overall point re Khabib, but I had a couple of thoughts in response to some of the statements in your post so I thought I would address them individually.

Stipe has the most HW title defenses in UFC history, but no one on sherdog cares

It's not exactly like no one cares... of course the majority will give fair due respect to Stipe for his achievements. It's just whether you consider his achievements to be on par with a certain more commonly referenced Russian heavyweight... After all, regardless of your stance on the Fedor debate you have to admit the last emperor still overshadows the division to a certain extent even in this day and age.

Bones Jones is possibly the GOAT, but the man isn't eligible to fight.

If you dig down into the basis of your original question, it's kind of irrelevant whether Bones is able to fight or not. You're asking who is the most dangerous fighter in the world... and I think there's a very strong case that JBJ is the correct answer, regardless of his official eligibility.

McGregor is the most popular, and he punked Alvarez Nov. 2016 - but he lost to a gatekeeper 3 fights ago.

Given your valid acknowledgement of Conor's total domination over Alvarez, I struggle to understand why the fact he lost to a larger opponent on 7 days notice a year prior to this fight is relevant at all? Especially given the fact he went on to avenge that loss in dominant fashion within 5 months... In my opinion, the 'lost to a gatekeeper' comment holds no weight. It would've been much more relevant to mention his inactivity.

Last edited:
I think without any rules a top level Krav Maga heavyweight would smash Stipe in the balls and gouge his eye out pretty quickly.

I don't know I disagree... firstly, Krav Maga practitioners lack the relevant level of sports competition comparable with the talent depth at the highest level of the UFC. Secondly, they would have to get close enough to go for a ball kick, I see an experienced champ like Stipe just simply moving to avoid the kick and landing a pitch-perfect punch on the opponent's chin. They would be unconscious before they even knew what was happening.

Stipe, Cain and Bones

You make a fair overall point re Khabib, but I had a couple of thoughts in response to some of the statements in your post so I thought I would address them individually.

QUOTE="YOLOGOGOPLATA, post: 138820289, member: 526791"]Stipe has the most HW title defenses in UFC history, but no one on sherdog cares

It's not exactly like no one cares... of course the majority will give fair due respect to Stipe for his achievements. It's just whether you consider his achievements to be on par with a certain more commonly referenced Russian heavyweight... After all, regardless of your stance on the Fedor debate you have to admit the last emperor still overshadows the division to a certain extent even in this day and age.

If you dig down into the basis of your original question, it's kind of irrelevant whether Bones is able to fight or not. You're asking who is the most dangerous fighter in the world... and I think there's a very strong case that JBJ is the correct answer, regardless of his official eligibility.

Given your valid acknowledgement of Conor's total domination over Alvarez, I struggle to understand why the fact he lost to a larger opponent on 7 days notice a year prior to this fight is relevant at all? Especially given the fact he went on to avenge that loss in dominant fashion within 5 months... In my opinion, the 'lost to a gatekeeper' comment holds no weight. It would've been much more relevant to mention his inactivity.[/QUOTE]
**THIS WAS THE END OF @LargeMammal QUOTE**

YOLOGOGOPLATA: You make excellent points on all 3 quotes...
I don't disrespect Stipe, it's just the overall impression I've gotten from sherdog when discussing Stipe. Idk why people discredit his accomplishments.
I can't argue with you about Bones, I just thought he wasn't in the conversation because of his suspension - but you're right, with all things equal he's the best fighter in the world... we won't discuss PED's because it's not my place to decide guilt or innocence for a situation I'm not directly involved in.
The only thing I'll argue with you on is McGreogr (and for the record I buy all his fights and love watching him fight)... but I don't think it's fair to discount his loss to Diaz because it was on short notice... I think that's a much greater disadvantage for Diaz (who hadn't been training - the short notice hurt him much more than it did McGregor, who although the opponent changed at least he had been actually training.) I also disagree that McGregor avenged the Diaz loss in "dominant fashion"... I thought he won but I thought it was a 48-47 decision. That being said I was tripping mushrooms at the time (don't judge me) but I rewatched it later while sober and still thought the same lol.

edit: I'm not sure why my "reply" didn't work but your quote ends at "inactivity" and my response starts at "You make excellent points on all 3 quotes" - I added my name to the start of my response; sorry for the confusion

I don't know I disagree... firstly, Krav Maga practitioners lack the relevant level of sports competition comparable with the talent depth at the highest level of the UFC. Secondly, they would have to get close enough to go for a ball kick, I see an experienced champ like Stipe just simply moving to avoid the kick and landing a pitch-perfect punch on the opponent's chin. They would be unconscious before they even knew what was happening.

They still train punches and so on, just slightly unconventional types to areas you're not allowed to hit... I can see all kinds of shit going wrong for Stipe against someone not trying to fight as opposed to maim him... In a street fight you gotta put money on the street fighter, not the prize fighter.

C06w-2dVEAAiL8W.jpg

Neither male or female would ever want to face this...

They still train punches and so on, just slightly unconventional types to areas you're not allowed to hit... I can see all kinds of shit going wrong for Stipe against someone not trying to fight as opposed to maim him... In a street fight you gotta put money on the street fighter, not the prize fighter.

I appreciate what you're saying and I understand how krav maga differs from typical forms of combat sports. I think it's just the fact that krav maga practitioners generally do not experience anywhere near the fierce talent depth that a relatively mainstream sport like MMA possesses. So you would assume the talent of a UFC champ would far outweight that of a krav maga practitioner regardless of the strengths & weaknesses of each style. And would also for that matter be highly favored against any kind of street fighter regardless of discipline.

Only HWs obviously.
Ever? Fedor
Currently: Miocic

Stipe would beat the shit out of any man waking the planet.

That is fucking right and its such a trip too. I know he is probably huge in person but he just seems like such a nice guy you know?

I think without any rules a top level Krav Maga heavyweight would smash Stipe in the balls and gouge his eye out pretty quickly.

I dont. The thing about most those techniques is that every professional fighter on earth can do them better, faster and more accurately than the average Krav Maga guy can and its not even close.

Chuck Norris and it's not even close.

Stipe has the most HW title defenses in UFC history, but no one on sherdog cares
Bones Jones is possibly the GOAT, but the man isn't eligible to fight.
Romero is terrifying, but he lost by decision the fight before last
Woodley has killer power and excellent TDD but he is too tentative; ain't nobody scared of him.
McGregor is the most popular, and he punked Alvarez Nov. 2016 - but he lost to a gatekeeper 3 fights ago.

There is only one man who is undefeated in the toughest weight class in the UFC, and has welterweights praying that he never moves up - Khabib.

Just my opinion... bring on the hate, but let me know who you think is more dangerous than The Eagle.
There's a reason "pound for pound" was coined, because smaller fighters would get destroyed fighting at openweight. Whomever people pick for this question, it's undoubtedly a heavyweight, to pretend otherwise is denial.

Ngannou. He can easilly kill or send to hospital anybody unless anybody knows how to wrestle.

Back