Who is the most athletic fighter in the UFC?

How about who is the best P4P fighter?

You guys dont like it but it is this gent:

ap_17239155970094.jpg

Height. Check. Armtatts shaped like Talons. Check.

Hector Lombard knows his name now.

GettyImages-847405316.jpg

Some people here have no idea what athletic means.

Roy jones jr playing a game of basketball and the KTFO of a (non-top level) boxer in the same day, Deion sanders, bo Jackson, manny paquiao, prime sugar Ray Robinson, etc are the model of athleticism.

We're not talking about who works the hardest in the gym or has the right trainer and training routine (gsp- who is hindered by the inability to finish a fight or score a ko) We're talking about multiple levels or proving athletic ability.were not talking about who has the most physical prowess/ most physically imposing. Woodley, Kevin Lee, are physical beasts who have otherworldly strength but overall athleticism it's too early to tell.

A man Yoel Romero's size kneeing the Chris/ Doing flips, rockhold' scrambling, Cody garbrants performance vs Cruz, wonderboy and sage, osp's abilities in mma and football, mousasi's success in multiple combat sports and across multiple fight promotions without ever roiding, and Michael venom page are the best examples of athleticism I can think of.

Mighty Mouse
Dodson
Lee
Woodley (not econowood)
Romero

Uriah Hall gets my vote.

Maybe Woodley second.

As far as explosion, i.e who'd be the best NFL running back, I'd go with Yoel Romero by a large margin.

I know the definition is pretty vague (see plethora of responses) but to me, athleticism is a combination of power, speed, hand eye coordination. I believe the ability to play a variety of sports ( of which MMA is one) is probably a concise, comprehensive definition. As such, most of us are just guessing - since really, do we know which fighters can play other sports? At best, we're going to guess who, by their performances in the octagon, we assume can (or would) play other sports well.

Having said that, I find it hard to believe that Perry would be good at dribbling a basketball or swinging and hitting a baseball. On the other hand, I believe Rockhold would be able to handle himself in the largest variety of sports. I could also see Jon Jones doing well in most sports. If I imagine Perry throwing a baseball, I imagine it would lack fluidity, velocity, or accuracy.

But isn't athletism measured by one's ability to kick ass? Isn't it ability to dominate other men? Running fast alone or jumping high is only a fraction of the puzzle.
Have you seen Rockhold's ground game? Once he's on top the fight is over. I have no idea how high Rockhold can jump. He has the ability to play all sports well and has top shelf genetics.

Rockhold should be up there.

Henry Cejudo maybe.

What is the deal with people on this forum obsessing over what athlete is more athlete than other athletes? It's kinda weird.

I know the definition is pretty vague (see plethora of responses) but to me, athleticism is a combination of power, speed, hand eye coordination. I believe the ability to play a variety of sports ( of which MMA is one) is probably a concise, comprehensive definition. As such, most of us are just guessing - since really, do we know which fighters can play other sports? At best, we're going to guess who, by their performances in the octagon, we assume can (or would) play other sports well.

Having said that, I find it hard to believe that Perry would be good at dribbling a basketball or swinging and hitting a baseball. On the other hand, I believe Rockhold would be able to handle himself in the largest variety of sports. I could also see Jon Jones doing well in most sports. If I imagine Perry throwing a baseball, I imagine it would lack fluidity, velocity, or accuracy.

2gt3g5v_jpg.gif

Back