Who is the hardest working fighter in the UFC?

This exactly. The number of hours you put in means shit. It's how much improvement you get per hour of work you put in that matters.
Agreed. Why do a grueling kickboxing session for a 0.1% increase in kickboxing ability when you can deeply analyze your opponent's fight style, patterns, and reactions using tape for a 50% increase in kickboxing ability against that specific opponent? And you can do coke while doing the analyzing.

I got a guess for least hardest worker: Dern

Hardest worker... Probably someone like khabib that has a strong wrestling base

Sacrifices everything for the sport and dedicates his life to training and does not rely on talent alone? I know GSP trains a ridiculous amount even when he was retired
If I go from having no job, no friends outside the gym, no familiy and spend all my awake time fighting am I sacrificing everything?

The answer that popped into my brain was GSP, but dosnt have a familiy or GF I think, so mabey a top fighter with foure kids and a wife?

If hard work meant getting things handed to you on a plate for having no talent in a field due to your status, then yes.

He used to wrestle every night for years, don't you dare shit on his wrestling credentials.

It isn't? You mean to tell me if you or anyone else trained hard enough and gained enough experience you could be as good as GSP at TDs in MMA? Do you think Silva's reaction timing with his punches and dodges were hard work too? Are you one of these gullible 12-year-olds who actually believe in bullshit like "genius = 1% inspiration + 99% perspiration"?
being on the contrary as usual. jones is a freak, and also if he had work ethic he could have made way more. now he's just a black spot in MMA history

How would anyone know?

Even if you know a few fighters, how are you going to compare their work ethic to fighters you don’t know?

Maybe at best, you could make an argument that it’s not someone like Johny Hendricks.

It isn't? You mean to tell me if you or anyone else trained hard enough and gained enough experience you could be as good as GSP at TDs in MMA? Do you think Silva's reaction timing with his punches and dodges were hard work too? Are you one of these gullible 12-year-olds who actually believe in bullshit like "genius = 1% inspiration + 99% perspiration"?

Lol I take you have no idea what your talking about, and like to pretend you have some educated understanding in the field of athletic genetics.

Considering you can't tell the difference between reflex and timing, I'll leave you to your delusional bubble of intellectual superiority.

Enjoy

being on the contrary as usual. jones is a freak, and also if he had work ethic he could have made way more. now he's just a black spot in MMA history

RACISS!

But you are right, Gooey Louey is merely a contrarian. Nobody proposes the JJ did not also work very hard, but his steroid use corrupts any evaluation of his success in the sport. Moreover, history and large parts of California are littered with people who squandered natural advantages by being lazy. To be the best at anything worthwhile, there is no getting around hard work.

He even trains on his flights and while waiting for his flight
tumblr_n6261q1A8V1ry1rm7o2_r2_250.gif

C7GM.gif

Sorry but that’s annoying as fuck

RACISS!

But you are right, Gooey Louey is merely a contrarian. Nobody proposes the JJ did not also work very hard, but his steroid use corrupts any evaluation of his success in the sport. Moreover, history and large parts of California are littered with people who squandered natural advantages by being lazy. To be the best at anything worthwhile, there is no getting around hard work.
yeah, jones probably worked hard for a really short amount of time, but not sure if he ever worked that hard. and then he started fucking around, and the rest of the story we all know

I can't explain my bullshit logic so I'm gonna be passive aggressive and bail on the convo

Off you go then dummy. And FYI, anything to do with time has to do with reflexes, including timing. That's why The Flash would crush any rhythmic games.

The Diaz's are tri-athletes. That's hard work.

daily grind, or give up everything for the sport? two different questions.

if the latter, then someone like Darren Till who became a pro at 15 and then moved to Brazil at 17 should be high on the list.

for daily grind, in a sport of hard core workouts, Cain's workouts were legendary in their hard-core-ness.

I’d say Conor but we’ll see if he comes back. Say what you want, but you have to respect the dudes ridiculous work ethic for fights and the amount of media obligations he has.

DC joined this sport as an Olympic wrestler but has become a fantastic mixed martial artist. You can argue he’s the #1 P4P fighter in the world with Jones not in the mix at the moment.

Back