• GSP

• Mighty Mouse

• Anderson Silva

• Chuck Liddell

• Tyron Woodley

• Jose Aldo

• Melvin Guillard

Results are only viewable after voting.
I never said that! All I'm saying is that if Silva was white he will be worshipped. A lot of people on here can't accept the fact that a black man can be called GOAT. If a white fighter comes along and shows skills and finishes fights the way Anderson did, I will be their biggest fan. I just can't accept the fact that a boring wrestler who can't finish fights gets called GOAT when we have witnessed someone like Silva!!! And I refuse to accept that a heavyweight who avoided top competition and who got knocked out cold by a middleweight gets called GOAT

Which is why Rocky Marciano and not Muhammad Ali or Joe Louis is considered the greatest heavyweight boxer ever ... and why the Klitchko's were so much more popular than Mike Tyson or Ali or Holmes ....

As for a HW getting knocked out by a middle weight after his prime, how do you feel about a WW who gets submitted twice by smaller guys before his prime (look up Takase and Chonan)?

Seriously, there are four major candidates for GOAT - Jones, GSP, Anderson and Fedor. Anyone who thinks any of the four isn't in contention is so biased their opinion can safely be discounted.

Which is why Rocky Marciano and not Muhammad Ali or Joe Louis is considered the greatest heavyweight boxer ever ... and why the Klitchko's were so much more popular than Mike Tyson or Ali or Holmes ....

As for a HW getting knocked out by a middle weight after his prime, how do you feel about a WW who gets submitted twice by smaller guys before his prime (look up Takase and Chonan)?

Seriously, there are four major candidates for GOAT - Jones, GSP, Anderson and Fedor. Anyone who thinks any of the four isn't in contention is so biased their opinion can safely be discounted.

You better check yourself. Ali represented a generation. There has never been an athlete bigger in any sport.

Wanderlei Silva

jordan_600.jpg

GSP.jpg

Spider... but GSP has a very good chance to overtake him.

I checked out each of the 6 people in the GOAT convo. Based on their title fights... I looked it up to see how well the person they beat did "AFTER" fighting the GOAT. I did this so as not to give a "GOAT point" to someone if their opponent was a can... or maybe washed up or whatever. So no GOAT points given unless their opponent did well after fighting them.

Currently GSP & Fedor are Tied for 2nd... & Spider is one GOAT point ahead of them. If GSP beats Whitaker, then he will be tied with Spider.

I wanted to vote for Guillard..... (pity vote)

It's GSP and it's not up for debate anymore.

Why is it even a debate on who is greater between Jones and GSP? Please don't tell me it's not race related becasue it is. Jones has accomplished way more in his young career than GSP. One has fought killers and the other fought people I can't remember and beat them in the most boring way ever

GSP's resume is far better. He actually beat all the top WWs in their primes (and ended them) while Jones fought a bunch of undersized washed up fighters. The only great wins he has on his resume are DC and Gus and he was juiced to the grills.

First of all you know very well that Rocky Marciano fought at the time when black men couldn't even ride a bus with white men! Ali's and Tyseons of the world at the time weren't even considered normal citizens! Also, no one watched him box so that's why you don't see many people claiming him to be the GOAT boxer.
Klitchko brothers aren't Americans and didn't even fight in the U.S. Add in their lack of knock outs and their relatively boring style, then it won't be hard to see why they aren't favored over Tyson and Ali! If they were Americans or at least fought in America then it will be a completely different story
Your GOAT got submitted by a man who didn't even train jui jitsu in Mat Hughes and got knocked out by a light weight in Sierra! Anderson on the other hand was a Mui Tai fighter making his transition to MMA when he was submitted at the time. Forget all that and just go watch Anderson's and GSP's fights to see how great Anderson was. No one even comes close to Anderson!
Please don't get me started on Fedor! I'm not going to bother

The question should be, what fighter has more nut huggers on Sherdog?

Don't worry, Anderson Silva has a lot of nut huggers, but they are very shy at this moment.
As soon Fedor and GSP get knocked out, very likely in their next fights, this poll will look very different.

Fedor is getting knocked out left and right already. But according to his nuthuggers it doesnt count because it happened after the Werdum fight. Oh and the Werdum fight doesn't count as well. I mean clearly Fedor wasn't in his prime by then because he lost.

Algorirthm to know wether a given Fedor fight occured during his prime or not :

Did Fedor win the fight?
Yes : He was in his prime.
No : He was not in his prime.

It's a big copy paste of the Penn motivationnal algorithm :

Did Penn win the fight?
Yes : He was motivated for this fight.
No : He was unmotivated for this fight.

GSP's resume is far better. He actually beat all the top WWs in their primes (and ended them) while Jones fought a bunch of undersized washed up fighters. The only great wins he has on his resume are DC and Gus and he was juiced to the grills.
Hahahahaha I can't think of any worthy GSP opponents tbh

Back