Who is the GOAT of Cans? Who is the Can of GOATs?

Randy Coture is the can of GOATS
Travis Fulton is the GOAT of cans

Conor is definitely the can of goats. The dude accomplished so much in such a short period of time, but is also very one dimensional and got trashed by Nate Diaz (which top caliber fighters usually dominate).

How fitting that the careers of the Can of GOATs and the GOAT Can are so intertwined.

Conor is definitely the can of goats. The dude accomplished so much in such a short period of time, but is also very one dimensional and got trashed by Nate Diaz (which top caliber fighters usually dominate).

<mma4> I'm starting to see a pattern here.

A better question is who is the meta-GOAT of the cans
and who is the Meta-CAN of the GOATs

and does there exist a scenario where they are the same entity

GOAT can - Kimbo

Can GOAT - Cro Cop

This is in part an escape from Conor thread.
Well if you’re tired of talking about Conor and Khabib in over the top hyperbole, you can always visit one of the many GSP threads. There you can read many posts based on lies about how he is a coward and never fought anyone good in the over ten years he spent in the UFC

Anyways, I think I’ll hijack this thread by claiming either Conor or Khabib has only crushed cans. I’ll do the thing where I shit on every good fighter they have beat. Just not sure if I’ll do it for Khabib or Conor yet

Last edited:
I absolutely love the dude, but Dustin Poirier being ranked #5 at featherweight for years was based on never ever beating a ranked opponent, and utterly destroying all the fringe guys he fought, then would have a fun somewhat-competitive fight against a ranked guy and lose.

Guy's whooping some lightweight ass though.

Can Velazquez is king of the can. Most overrated fighter to ever step into the ufc

Jason Reinhardt faced 3 notable fighters in his run, went 0-3. Went 20-0 against the rest. He's been a hilarious topic on this board:

"who's the worst undefeated prospect in the UFC ever? - JR
"who came into the UFC a bit too late?" - old JR
"why regional records don't matter when signing with a big promotion?" - cuz JR
"who's record was padded before UFC debut?" - JR's, of course

and on and on, always a good answer

Can of GOATS is probably Coleman. Even though he was an awesome pioneer. A lot of rigging to get him Pride gold. Up and down type of fighter with some bad losses to guys he should've beat, and fought for too long, as his body's shot now.

Can Velazquez is king of the can. Most overrated fighter to ever step into the ufc
Now this is a hot take.

I don't agree. I think Cain has the potential to be the best HW fighter ever, or one of them, but his career was hobbled by stupid match-making (rematches) and by constant injuries. Still, Cain blew his title defenses against JDS and Werdum.

SO he'd be more the can of the GOATs than the GOAT of the cans.

GOAT can - Kimbo

Can GOAT - Cro Cop
In this vein, Kimbo vs Dada is arguably the best bad fight ever.

giphy.gif

Johnathan Goulet.

and does there exist a scenario where they are the same entity
Lol. Someone already suggested Stipe was both. Five or six years ago the NFL polled fans on who the most overrated and most underrated players were and Eli Manning won both categories. I find that fascinating.

Now this is a hot take.

I don't agree. I think Cain has the potential to be the best HW fighter ever, or one of them, but his career was hobbled by stupid match-making (rematches) and by constant injuries. Still, Cain blew his title defenses against JDS and Werdum.

SO he'd be more the can of the GOATs than the GOAT of the cans.
I disagree in that I really don't view his prime as being all that spectacular. I shit on him a lot but I really don't think he was that great. His "prime" consists of him fighting the same two people JDS and Bigfoot Silva over a four year span. His most impressive performance was against Bigfoot, arguably his greatest win is against Brock Lesnar in the heat of his diverticulitis. He was king of the division when it was by far at its weakest. I wouldn't put him in HW GOAT top 5

Back