**Who is the G.O.A.T.** w/poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's still Silva Just because he lost doesn't mean his records go away.

I go with GSP. Best overall skill set. Really he has no holes in his game. Amazing TD, TDD, BJJ, striking and striking defence, Fight IQ and discipline with Game plans. The only thing he lacks is Power.

He is certainly either the number 1 or 2, IMO. GSP has like 1 or 2 less top10 wins than Silva but his overall level of competition is better than Andersons, which also gives him more leeway as to why he hasn't finished as many fights.

I think if GSP can win his next two - three fights he will certainly be the GOAT especially if Silva retires or losses more fights.

Fedor?

You people are insane.....and I do mean YOU people.

There is only one and it's GSP. That can change, but as of know, gimmie a break.

And what's more: ironically enough Fedor at HW is the only candidate for GOAT that was undersized. He's the only guy on the list that fought the very toughest opposition he reasonably could. Silva, GSP and Bones most of all could easily have challenged themselves to fight more dangerous opponents than they did.

That has to factor in, plus the pure aggression of Fedor. No conservative game planning shit from the last Emperor. And no clowning either,

The fact Fedor is even on the list, when it was proven, OVER AND OVER that when he faced real competition he folded, HARD, is disgusting.

The fact he's winning makes me understand how broken this shit is.

tumblr_mlovenzRmB1rqpm70o1_500.jpg

Why isn't Shogun on the list? Am I missing something? He basically has never lost.

Fedor the only one who was part of a generation of top heavyweights and beat them all. Yes people will talk about his last few fights when he was past it and he did waste his last good years in limbo but during the PRIDE era he took on all the top guys and beat them.

JBJ has the talent but all his top opponents are of the last generation coming to the end of their careers, not his fault but he hasn't got much competition.

GSP has a similar problem beat all the old guys and none of his generation is close to him.

Aldo is a future one but still early in his career.

GSP beat a lot of prime fighters Penn, Diaz, Fitch, Alves, Koshceck even the second Hughes fight could be considered prime as he just had beaten Penn. A bunch of those guys have been ranked top p4p fighters, so I don't know where you are getting this old guys thing from.

And what's more: ironically enough Fedor at HW is the only candidate for GOAT that was undersized. He's the only guy on the list that fought the very toughest opposition he reasonably could.

I say he's the only one that didn't. During Silva's reign he fought ever consensus middleweight contender in the world, ditto for GSP, Bones, Aldo etc. Fedor is the only one who, during a huge portion of his reign as #1 at HW didn't fight the guy everyone considered to be #2 because of contractual disputes.

And what's more: ironically enough Fedor at HW is the only candidate for GOAT that was undersized. He's the only guy on the list that fought the very toughest opposition he reasonably could. Silva, GSP and Bones most of all could easily have challenged themselves to fight more dangerous opponents than they did.

That has to factor in, plus the pure aggression of Fedor. No conservative game planning shit from the last Emperor. And no clowning either,

Size is overrated, that's why a lot of his greatest competition came from guys similar to his own size or smaller than himself.

If you did a poll of people who were actually watching mma when Fedor dominated Pride, the results would be even more overwhelming.

I say he's the only one that didn't. During Silva's reign he fought ever consensus middleweight contender in the world, ditto for GSP, Bones, Aldo etc. Fedor is the only one who, during a huge portion of his reign as #1 at HW didn't fight the guy everyone considered to be #2 because of contractual disputes.

Nope, he fought Big Nog a second time and Crocop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back