**Who is the G.O.A.T.** w/poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fedor had the better run despite the several cans he fought in Pride. He had no real losses in his 32 first fights, a ten year long reign during which the only top guys he never faced were Mir and Barnett.

Yeah but of that 10 year reign he didn't fight anybody of noteworthy after Late 2005. for a looooong time

There can be debate which one has better wins, but there is no denying Fedor is the best and most dominant fighter to ever fight.

Doesn't make sense. Being the best is having the best wins. That's what the sport is.

GSP for me. Fought virtually 3 generation of contenders, beat all number 1 contenders, no unavenged losses and really no faults to his game. Not the flashiest but for me he is the best pure mma fighter we have seen so far.

so you consider an over the hill Huhges, Josh Koscheck, Dan hardy, Jake Shields, Thiago Alves and lw Bj Penn 3 generations of contenders?

Fedor, but Jones is on track

fedor_ladies.jpg

The natural order of things has been restored :D

TS, cool how you incorporated their flag colors into their names.

Yeah but of that 10 year reign he didn't fight anybody of noteworthy after Late 2005. for a looooong time

#2 HW Arlovski, #4 HW Sylvia, #8 HW Hunto, are definitely noteworthy. Hunto, at 40 years of age, was fighting for a number one contender spot in the UFC.

Hell, you could also put Lindland on that list. Even if he was from a lower weightclass, he was still the #2 MW.

Doesn't make sense. Being the best is having the best wins. That's what the sport is.

Yes it does. I think you could argue that Silva has better wins, but looking at their fights Fedor has much more diverse skills and he never lost a single round until Werdum and those things like takin down olympic wrestlers, striking with K1 champs show that he is the better fighter imo. How that doesnt make sense?

Ummm, what? Just because dana says that doesn't make it true. He KO'd the #2 HW in 3 minutes in 2009, KO'd top 10 Rogers, and Submitted Sylvia when he was top 5 in 2008. Hunt was top 10 in 2006 and Coleman was coming off the win against Shogun.

so you consider an over the hill Huhges, Josh Koscheck, Dan hardy, Jake Shields, Thiago Alves and lw Bj Penn 3 generations of contenders?

Add in Sherk, Condit, Diaz and Fitch yeah I do. GSP FINISHED his best two wins, something Fedor didn't do. GSP ain't as exciting or as dominant as Fedor but GSPs record is absolutely stacked with elite fighters.

Fedor has finished his career so it's easier to judge, now Anderson has lost the possibility of a huge winning streak into retirement and is number 2 of all time in my eyes. Jon Jones could be 1 if he goes on like this for another 4 or 5 years and against quality opponents but I think you really have to wait until a fighter has called it quits before you judge.

Fedor has finished his career so it's easier to judge, now Anderson has lost the possibility of a huge winning streak into retirement and is number 2 of all time in my eyes. Jon Jones could be 1 if he goes on like this for another 4 or 5 years and against quality opponents but I think you really have to wait until a fighter has called it quits before you judge.

this

my vote is for Fedor, that 10year reign was dominant. I think if Jones keeps it going he may surpass but he needs more time.

Yes it does. I think you could argue that Silva has better wins, but looking at their fights Fedor has much more diverse skills and he never lost a single round until Werdum and those things like takin down olympic wrestlers, striking with K1 champs show that he is the better fighter imo. How that doesnt make sense?

Because this sport is about scalps. Who you beat and how good they were when you beat them. I don't care if you beat someone using the exact same move repetitively in a video game style or if you displayed a wide range of skills. It doesn't matter what skills your opponent showed. All that matters was their place in the mma world. Beating quality fighters. You can't admit it's debatable that a fighter has better wins while saying it's undoubted another is better. The fighter with the better wins is the better fighter.

If someone doesn't think Fedor is the GOAT I have no respect for their MMA knowledge. I wasn't even really a fan of the guy, but hes the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back