Who Is The Fighter Of The Year?

DC. He finished a deserving contender at LHW and then KO'ed the HW Champ (who had just set the record for number of title defenses in the division) to claim the Heavyweight Title and become a double champion. The fact that he finished Stipe in the very first round just months after a guy with murderous punching power like Ngannou couldn't finish him at all is also highly impressive.

maybe kelvin Gastelum? He's doing okay right? I smoke too much weed to remember.
luque, gillespie, volkanovski, alexander volkov, idk they seem to be doing good

Dustin Poirier: Has surged since his return to 155 and has looked really really good. He has KO's over two top 5 fighters in one year and they weren't lucky KOs, he beat guys down.

DC: Defended his LHW title and then KO'd Stipe for the HW title. Double Champ baby

Marlon Moraes: His win over Aljo was in December, but I'll give him an exception because it was so close to 2018. He then KO's Rivera and makes it look easy. Probably will be the next champ.

Who has the best wins this year?

dc easy.

DC, there is no one else imo. Few breakouts in Tatiana Suarez, Zabit, Alex Hernandez, Figuieredo, Adesanya, and Costa.

The top dogs haven't been fighting more than once this year it seems.

any answer other than dc is the wrong answer

Its either DC or DC

Dustin Poirier: Has surged since his return to 155 and has looked really really good. He has KO's over two top 5 fighters in one year and they weren't lucky KOs, he beat guys down.

DC: Defended his LHW title and then KO'd Stipe for the HW title. Double Champ baby

Marlon Moraes: His win over Aljo was in December, but I'll give him an exception because it was so close to 2018. He then KO's Rivera and makes it look easy. Probably will be the next champ.

Don't you guys understand that the winner of UFC 229 main event will become a fighter of the year automatically?

Let's just say Popeys will be catering the awards ceremony.

It’s gonna be DC in a land slide. The only guy who I could see competing is if khabib destroys Conor, but even then I think Volkan was a tougher win than raging Al and going up in weight against the most successful HW in UFC history is a slightly bigger win than McGregor.

So yea... back to my original point, FOTY is Daniel “Double Champ” Cormier

Fedor if he wins the GP

If Rory beats Moose, he gets in the discussion

DC takes my vote,
if Poirier beats Nate, then is he up there.
Cejudo ending MM's reign was sweet too.

I can see Conor having a Chance too, imagine if he beats King Kebab and then the Boogyman for new years eve!

Back