Who is the best fighter with no Ruleset/cage-ring or weightclass bias ?

manboy<3

Pathetic hater,MEGA shill
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of fighters are only good under one weight class, one rule set, one country or one fighting arena (Ring or cage). IMO these fighters cannot be considered for GOAT status.

For Example Anderson Silva got embarassed under the PRIDE ruleset. Both Cro Cop and Fedor sucked hard when fighting in a Cage, Randy couture could not win a match in a ring if his life depended on it etc. Also most Japanese fighters seem to be Ausitic and cannot function properly outside their home country...

On the other hand guys like Dan Henderson seem to be able to fight anywhere and under any ruleset and accross multiple weight classes

My question is, who is the best fighter when we take away Cage/Ring Bias, Ruleset Bias, Weightclass and home country bias ?

My pick would be Dan henderson..He was a real force under RINGS rules, PRIDE rules, and Unified rules. Cage or Ring it made no difference to him. Brazil, Japan, America also made no difference to him. Dan Even fought from 176 pounds all the way to Heavyweight and he even has a win over the two top heavyweights - Nogueria and Fedor !!

Everything you said about Dan I say about Mousasi.....except Gegard better , more lethal and more complete.

Henderson is a great pick. i would add Wanderlei and Frank Shamrock. their decline in later stages is more of a aging/injuries factor than a changing of ruleset.

A lot of fighters are only good under one weight class, one rule set, one country or one fighting arena (Ring or cage). IMO these fighters cannot be considered for GOAT status.

For Example Anderson Silva got embarassed under the PRIDE ruleset. Both Cro Cop and Fedor sucked hard when fighting in a Cage, Randy couture could not win a match in a ring if his life depended on it etc. Also most Japanese fighters seem to be Ausitic and cannot function properly outside their home country...

On the other hand guys like Dan Henderson seem to be able to fight anywhere and under any ruleset and accross multiple weight classes

My question is, who is the best fighter when we take away Cage/Ring Bias, Ruleset Bias, Weightclass and home country bias ?

My pick would be Dan henderson..He was a real force under RINGS rules, PRIDE rules, and Unified rules. Cage or Ring it made no difference to him. Brazil, Japan, America also made no difference to him. Dan Even fought from 176 pounds all the way to Heavyweight and he even has a win over the two top heavyweights - Nogueria and Fedor !!
BJ.
Royce.
Ronin.

Overeem can use the ring effectively aswell as the cage

Back