Who is the best entertainer ever?

Do you scrubs even TAMI show?

First concert I ever saw was The Bad Tour in Reunion Arena in Dallas when I was in the 6th grade. Still the best concert I've ever seen.

1st ever concert was MJ bad tour ..damn! This is called 'spoiling the market' haha

1st ever concert was MJ bad tour ..damn! This is called 'spoiling the market' haha
Second was Motley Crue Dr Feelgood lol, 3rd was the last Monsters of Rock..Faith No More-Guns N Roses-Metallica in Texas Stadium

The saxophonist from Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band

giphy.gif

He ain't got shit on the saxophonist from The Lost Boys.

giphy.gif

Love Ric flair. Love MJ more, he's the fucking king and always will be, never another like him ever.

If Freddie Mercury wasn't on the front page I was going to lose my shit.

Im struggling to think of anyone that can out-entertain Michael Jackson. Putting out the most catchy songs from early childhood until his untimely death (dozens and dozens of them), a great singer with dancing which was unique at that time and awesome to watch. Can anyone come close to Michael Jackson?

I am not too sure.

What do you think?
giphy.gif

0hQyd5L.gif

pTxoo.gif

So Ellie Goulding is in the running for the greatest entertainer of all time? Lol. Your thirst is powerful sir.

There is no need to have a genre. Simply who is the individual that can entertain you most, as a consumer of their work.

I.e.
being at a prince concert
vs
At the movies watching Charlie chaplain
vs
reading a Harry Potter book
vs
Ringside for a Muhammad Ali fight

I think the entertainment value is comparable, although surely far from equal.

There is most certainly a need to have genres, and your ability to think of entertainment as comparable across spectra is fine, I am fine with that. In my world however entertainment doesn't exist vacuously. There are medium I prefer over others, but within each medium of that which entertains me I have a favorite. On Ellie Goulding; if you are mismanaging my comment, Im fine with that as well. It was more a take on my view on the female songstress and my inability to separate my "thirst" from my enjoyment for their music, that comment specifically was more satire in any case.

I think its definitely MJ, although his death wasn't "untimely." he was a dope head at the end, at it really was no surprise. elvis probably number 2. I think he gets a little lost on the under 50 crowd since times were so different

Prince, by far. I saw both MJ and Prince, and its not even close, imo. SO much of MJ's show was artificial shit; light show, smoke, lazers, actors, dancers, etc etc. All Prince needed was his guitar, it was unreal.
I worked security at one of his shows years ago. he played 90 minutes and it was just basically a jam and no real full songs being played. it was ok, but I would rather hear songs that I know played how I know them. bruce springsteen was even worse. he literally played almost all of born in the usa before I even realized he was playing it. that man is totally ashamed of that entire album. such a pompous douchebag

I don't know. Jim Henson, Micheal Jackson, Jerry Lewis, Elvis? There are so many forms of entertainment. A better question would be why are humans so concerned about who is the best at something? What if someone is declared the best, but they truly are not the best? The best is probably some guy or lady that never got their chance.

I wouldn't put a peadophile Number 1, no matter his talents.

Lemmy, Nick Cave and Jack White were/are all great performers. Also, Red Hot Chili peppers, despite having grown unpopular, they put in a great live performance.

That's only half of it though, really, so I'd definitely agree on Michael Jackson being up there. I also think Bruce Springsteen deserves mention. He was a great song writer, composer and performer. He got famous for his shows but managed to put out a few diverse and excellent albums. Also, Dancing in the Dark is a structurally perfect pop song, I don't know if it's possible to improve on that format.

Back