Who is the best entertainer ever?

Katsumi Yamada

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Im struggling to think of anyone that can out-entertain Michael Jackson. Putting out the most catchy songs from early childhood until his untimely death (dozens and dozens of them), a great singer with dancing which was unique at that time and awesome to watch. Can anyone come close to Michael Jackson?

I am not too sure.

What do you think?
giphy.gif

0hQyd5L.gif

Depends on ones definition, but anyone that doesn't agree with MJ being top 3 is simply looking to argue. I'd say he's the GOAT.

These entertainers were before my time, but I remember listening to their songs through out my life. Here are their historically performances on "The Ed Sullivan Show".

Elvis Presley

The Beatles

Good call with Elvis. A very good argument can be made there.

I came to say Michael Jackson as well. Singing, songwriting, very unique dancing style, made music videos more theatrical than any other musician before or since. Plus he had a really long run at the top, where most artists kind of fade out after a few years.

edit: Oh and I forgot to mention he actually sang his songs live for most of his career. Most singers that are also big time dancers can't do both, they get too winded. So they dance and lip sync. Michael did both for most of his career, and even when he got old and couldn't do it anymore, he agreed only to lip sync parts of the song so he could catch his breath and sing the rest.

It depends on type of entertainment. I like some of MJ songs, but watching him spin, twitch, and moonwalk can get pretty stupid.

Not sure which of these 3 I wanna give the nod to but theres the top dudes in my mind

I think in the early 2000s, it's Will Smith because he did it well on both the radio and the big screen, not so much now.

Prince, by far. I saw both MJ and Prince, and its not even close, imo. SO much of MJ's show was artificial shit; light show, smoke, lazers, actors, dancers, etc etc. All Prince needed was his guitar, it was unreal.

Back