Who is the best #2 fighter in the MMA history?

They went downhill after that by definition out of prime. and Hughes was mid 30s with lots of wars. Penn like 30 but still getting worse.

Seriously, is this forum full of kids now?
30 year old is a young person - that can be in a sports prime.

And going downhill after the fight - is not a definition of "out of prime". Only in your head.
Dude, seriously, watch the fights instead of lookign at records.
It iwll help you learn a bit about MMA..

Mendes had all the potential in world. Crocop is the most decorated. A bit early to put Gus on the list, he will likely become champ in the near future.

Seriously, is this forum full of kids now?
30 year old is a young person - that can be in a sports prime.

And going downhill after the fight - is not a definition of "out of prime". Only in your head.
Dude, seriously, watch the fights instead of lookign at records.
It iwll help you learn a bit about MMA..
30 is ancient in athletics. How many NFL running backs are 30+? Not many. Male athletic peak is 25-28.

30 is ancient in athletics. How many NFL running backs are 30+? Not many. Male athletic peak is 25-28.

This is not athletics, this is MMA.

Please, learn more about this specific sport you claim to be a fan of.

This is not athletics, this is MMA.

Please, learn more about this specific sport you claim to be a fan of.
Yup just accidental pen hughes beat everyone before then turned into 500 fighters as they aged (and when gsp fought them) You need to learn a lot more than MMA

DC, Frankie, and CC all come to mind. Even though Frankie had the belt, he lost sooooo many title shots, along with Faber.

Yup just accidental pen hughes beat everyone before then turned into 500 fighters as they aged (and when gsp fought them) You need to learn a lot more than MMA

Whatever I need to learn, you're unable to teach me with your sheer ignorance.

What you describe is called "coming of new generation of fighters".
But, again, if you actually watch fights (you still didn't), you would've seen that:
- BJ Penn's actual downfall started with Rory, and after the retirement, absolutely different fighter came back.
- Hughes was the same fighter as he always been until the very end.

Go back, educate yourself, and stop blabbering until then.

DC, Frankie, and CC all come to mind. Even though Frankie had the belt, he lost sooooo many title shots, along with Faber.

All three of them were #1s. That's why, as I mentioned in the OP, I did not include them.

DC, although Jones pissed hot, never beat the champ.

That doesn't change the fact that he's #1 LHW in the world today, and was #1 LHW in the world before.
Whether you like it, agree with it, or not. This is not subjective - facts are facts.

That doesn't change the fact that he's #1 LHW in the world today, and was #1 LHW in the world before.
Whether you like it, agree with it, or not. This is not subjective - facts are facts.

giphy.gif

Steroid Josh Barnett was incredible. I don't believe Mirko stopped him in the 2006 Grand Prix.

Steroid Josh Barnett was incredible. I don't believe Mirko stopped him in the 2006 Grand Prix.

Barnett was less than an hour after psychotic war with Minotauro, where both of them beat the hell out of each other and Big Nog should've won.

Barnett was less than an hour after psychotic war with Minotauro, where both of them beat the hell out of each other and Big Nog should've won.

True. I had forgotten about that. Still, Mirko looked like he was on PCP in that fight.

Back