Who is Picking RDA to beat Covington?

You casual noobs are just not ready for #NERDBASH2018.

Colby KOs RDA inside of the first via Boomerang Punch

I can't believe people are actually picking Colvington. RDA is going to absolutely destroy him. He is a complete different class of fighter than Covington has faced before. People so easily forget the tear he was on before getting KOed by Alvarez. RDA is an absolute monster, that hasn't changed. Covington beat a highly overrated, one-dimensional Maia, and people think he's going to beat someone like RDA? There are so many fair weather fans.

His mouth wrote a check he couldn't cash on this one.
Maia is highly overrated? Uh... okay. He has beaten top 5 opponents in his career, just not the champion.

Can't believe you made it that far, I stopped at RDA doesn't hit hard after breaking Pettis's orbital, melting iron chinned Benson, finishing Cowboy with punches after the body kick, repeatedly folding Ferguson's head back badly, and iirc hurt Cowboy with punches in their first fight.
He kicks hard, but his boxing isn't very special. He has power, but he failed to hurt Saffiedine, Magny (although he dominated him) and Lawler. He does have nice pop, but not enough to usually finish guys. He couldn't come close to finishing Pettis, Cowboy was already done from the body kick and Benson Henderson was 4 years ago.

I'm picking RDA. Colby is going to attempt lots of wrestling, but RDA will pile on the damage.
Yeah, that is how this fight will go: wrestling vs striking/trying to stop wrestling. I just don't think RDA has faced any wrestlers since Khabib, so I am not convinced that he can defend Colby's takedowns and grind.

Yeah, that is how this fight will go: wrestling vs striking/trying to stop wrestling. I just don't think RDA has faced any wrestlers since Khabib, so I am not convinced that he can defend Colby's takedowns and grind.

What's up with Magny? I don't know much about the guy. He never impressed me. Is he a wrestler?

What's up with Magny? I don't know much about the guy. He never impressed me. Is he a wrestler?
Magny is a general guy, alright at striking and wrestling, he is a decent grinder against lower leveled guys, but RDA kicked his leg and submitted him within two minutes. Not surprising.

Magny is a general guy, alright at striking and wrestling, he is a decent grinder against lower leveled guys, but RDA kicked his leg and submitted him within two minutes. Not surprising.

I'm going to put my neck out there and say that RDA's leg kicks will also play a factor in his fight against Colby. If Maia could touch Colby up, I predict RDA will do better. Plus RDA doesn't get tired. It's a tough call because RDA is outsized against a grinding style wrestler, but I don't think Colby has the skillset to hurt RDA. But RDA does have the skillset to steal a decision. RDA by decison for being the more active fighter.

Lol

RDA broke Pettis's orbital with a punch in the first round but TS thinks RDA doesn't punch hard.

With that said I expect Colby to NCAA RDA to a 50-45 decision.

Lol

RDA broke Pettis's orbital with a punch in the first round but TS thinks RDA doesn't punch hard.

With that said I expect Colby to NCAA RDA to a 50-45 decision.
Well, ok. He broke an orbital bone. When has he put someone away, or come close to put someone away with his fists? in some time? Almost 2 years.

something is telling me RDA is getting grapple fucked by i'll go with him regardless

Stopped reading when you said RDA's cardio is ok but Colby's is better.

Colby was gassed by round 3 in the Maia fight. Gtfo with this nonsense.

Colby's best bet in this fight is to wall n stall. Or get RDA down n hope he can keep him there cuz if not, he will be lit up with body kicks all night.
I hate Covington but he has elite cardio

Colby is one of the greatest of examples of talking yourself into contention ever.

I’ve got RDA, just a hunch but that’s what I’m going with.

Wasn't covington getting outstruck by K1 Maia?

RDA wins by finish in the 3rd

9eb8x_s-200x150.gif

oZ7xr_s-200x150.gif

xWRyK_s-200x150.gif
RDA baby...

I, for one, am torn on this fight.

RDA is a much better striker, but doesn't really hit hard, he could hurt Covington with a body kick, but I don't see his punches doing much, and he would be really stupid in trying to clinch with Covington to do any sort of damage.

The only thing keeping me from picking RDA is that he hasn't fought anybody who wants/who has tried to get him down, since Khabib/Jason High.. 4 years ago. There may have been one or two takedown attempts, but he hasn't fought anybody with the gameplan that Covington will bring. He has essentially fought a lot of strikers, not one wrestler.

I think RDA has decent takedown defense, but not great takedown defense. His cardio is solid, but Colby is bigger, stronger and has better cardio as he is relentless in pursuing takedowns. RDA will get up from the takedowns imo, but Covington will put him back down.

I like RDA, but asides from Woodley (who sometimes likes to strike) and Usman (who also, sometimes likes to strike) - Covington is his worst match-up at Welterweight, because he usually wants no part of striking. In theory, this fight should be simple to prepare for. But Colby is one guy you can take takedown defense for, but he will still get you down. This is what years of wrestling does.

Of course, RDA could try and hit a guillotine, or try and attack from bottom (which we haven't really seen), but he could try and get some sort of participant trophy for when he most likely loses. Covington will most likely be the most accomplished wrestler that RDA will have fought in his entire MMA career.

Thoughts?
I got RDA all day. It's not really a toss up at all. Neil Magney would have like to taken it to the ground. You'll see. RDA will be fighting Woodley the joke soon.

Back