Who is Picking RDA to beat Covington?

RDA stomps him. Colby's striking looked so bad against Maia and RDA is much bigger now at 170 so Colby won't be able to out grapple him.

Last edited:
RDA will take Colby to school, and then will walk away with the two bimbos. Without paying.

RDA is gonna put a beating on him. Rafa is constantly being doubted and constantly giving the best performances of the night. He manhandled Lawler with ease.

giphy.gif

People hesitant against RDA usually lose. I think Colby will bring the grind against him, just like what guida did to him. Taking the fight to RDA is the best way to beat him.

I, for one, am torn on this fight.

RDA is a much better striker, but doesn't really hit hard, he could hurt Covington with a body kick, but I don't see his punches doing much, and he would be really stupid in trying to clinch with Covington to do any sort of damage.

The only thing keeping me from picking RDA is that he hasn't fought anybody who wants/who has tried to get him down, since Khabib/Jason High.. 4 years ago. There may have been one or two takedown attempts, but he hasn't fought anybody with the gameplan that Covington will bring. He has essentially fought a lot of strikers, not one wrestler.

I think RDA has decent takedown defense, but not great takedown defense. His cardio is solid, but Colby is bigger, stronger and has better cardio as he is relentless in pursuing takedowns. RDA will get up from the takedowns imo, but Covington will put him back down.

I like RDA, but asides from Woodley (who sometimes likes to strike) and Usman (who also, sometimes likes to strike) - Covington is his worst match-up at Welterweight, because he usually wants no part of striking. In theory, this fight should be simple to prepare for. But Colby is one guy you can take takedown defense for, but he will still get you down. This is what years of wrestling does.

Of course, RDA could try and hit a guillotine, or try and attack from bottom (which we haven't really seen), but he could try and get some sort of participant trophy for when he most likely loses. Covington will most likely be the most accomplished wrestler that RDA will have fought in his entire MMA career.

Thoughts?
JR Ewing is boy.....

I'm picking RDA. Colby is going to attempt lots of wrestling, but RDA will pile on the damage.

Not sure who has the better cardio. That is a key to me. RDA if he wins will prob won't via stoppage in my opinion.
RDA definitely has better cardio, look at the pace he kept against lawler and didn't get tired, dude was teeing off for like 2 minutes straight lol.

and fought tony in mexico for 5 rounds and didn't look that tired, beat pettis' ass for 5 rounds without tiring.

colby was tired after like the 2nd against maia.

I, for one, am torn on this fight.

RDA is a much better striker, but doesn't really hit hard, he could hurt Covington with a body kick, but I don't see his punches doing much, and he would be really stupid in trying to clinch with Covington to do any sort of damage.

The only thing keeping me from picking RDA is that he hasn't fought anybody who wants/who has tried to get him down, since Khabib/Jason High.. 4 years ago. There may have been one or two takedown attempts, but he hasn't fought anybody with the gameplan that Covington will bring. He has essentially fought a lot of strikers, not one wrestler.

I think RDA has decent takedown defense, but not great takedown defense. His cardio is solid, but Colby is bigger, stronger and has better cardio as he is relentless in pursuing takedowns. RDA will get up from the takedowns imo, but Covington will put him back down.

I like RDA, but asides from Woodley (who sometimes likes to strike) and Usman (who also, sometimes likes to strike) - Covington is his worst match-up at Welterweight, because he usually wants no part of striking. In theory, this fight should be simple to prepare for. But Colby is one guy you can take takedown defense for, but he will still get you down. This is what years of wrestling does.

Of course, RDA could try and hit a guillotine, or try and attack from bottom (which we haven't really seen), but he could try and get some sort of participant trophy for when he most likely loses. Covington will most likely be the most accomplished wrestler that RDA will have fought in his entire MMA career.

Thoughts?

I think in the other thread with almost the exact same topic, and a poll as well, was overwhelmingly in favor of RDA.

virtually identical.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really torn, but I'm picking Covington to win. To me, Covington has really great wrestling, and he's got that fearless standup style (although his stand-up is "bad"). I don't see RDA getting the KO win -- and Khabib has already shown that wrestlers can grind on RDA.

As a side note: I think Covington will be ruined once he gets KO'd. He's got that swarming-pressure standup style, but lacks true power and technique. Once he gets a taste of a KO defeat, he'll be much more cautious and hesitant, which will ruin his entire fighting style.

I really want RDA to win but I think Colby is gonna smother him to a decision.

Stopped reading when you said RDA's cardio is ok but Colby's is better.

Colby was gassed by round 3 in the Maia fight. Gtfo with this nonsense.

Colby's best bet in this fight is to wall n stall. Or get RDA down n hope he can keep him there cuz if not, he will be lit up with body kicks all night.

Can't believe you made it that far, I stopped at RDA doesn't hit hard after breaking Pettis's orbital, melting iron chinned Benson, finishing Cowboy with punches after the body kick, repeatedly folding Ferguson's head back badly, and iirc hurt Cowboy with punches in their first fight.

I think Colby is good enough to get RDA down and grind out a boring decision. I hope he gets KTFO though

The question is whether Colby can continually take RDA down and hold him there. RDA is significantly better on the feet. If it stays standing, I think RDA pieces Colby up worse than he did to Robbie.

However, Colby is the bigger man and a much better wrestler. My suspicion is that Colby will be able to impose his physicality on RDA and win a grinding/boring decision.

Colby is a fucking gangster. Colby subs rda in a minute then goes back an bangs 5 vivid chicks in his hotel. He running these streets like Chael used to

<{CMPALM}>

Back