Who is more overated weidman or bj?

BJ arguably DID beat GSP in the first fight. Did you even know they fought more than once? Because after the first fight, it was very reasonable to think BJ COULD beat him.

And a guy who was once talked about as being the best boxer in mma, and a world champion in BJJ with the best TDD in the sport wasn't more "skilled" than Weidman?
Bj did not arGuably beat gsp stop smoking crack

And then he quit in the rematch

It's fun to tear fighters down for no reason.

Shit fans.

I would say machida is more overrated than both since fat burrito jay penn had a competitive fight with him and weidman smoked him
Machida was still green vs bj and machida was over the hill vs weidman.machida also beat 8 champions/former champions in his career

I don't think BJ is "rated" very high by anyone anymore, is he? it's pretty much a general consensus that BJ was a legend, but the sport has passed him by and he's washed up. thus not ":eek:ver-rated". weidman is definitely a top 5 middle weight in a very tough division

Machida was still green vs bj and machida was over the hill vs weidman.machida also beat 8 champions/former champions in his career

He had 2 of his best performances ever before he got smoked by Chris weidman, who is apparently overrated

He also had trouble with a fat featherweight

BJ is the most overrated MMA fighter ever.

His BJJ achievements though were amazing I'll give him that

Opens his extremely ignorant post with "it amazes me how ignorant some fans of MMA are". I like it.

BJ was NEVER as skilled or athletic as Weidman. Weidman has also never taken a bell-to-bell asswhooping like BJ has done so many times. People also thought BJ could beat GSP at one point, lol.
Sigh...

I hate putting these type of labels on these type of guys..Unfortunately for Chris he's already at a point where he's not durable enough to take punishment from top tier guys....its sad actually cause,in a way, it validates- the opinion of people who were calling Chris to be at right time and place vs Anderson which I don't agree with. I still think Weidman is a top tier fighter but he's at the bottom rungs of the top tier ladder.

During Penn's time at lightweight, he was the best but just like every other division in sport, today's fighters already start at a "complete fighter" level.Its become an evolved sport.....especially at the lighter classes where it was tough enough to find talent warranted to be labeled a UFC fighter back then- let alone to be a " top fighter in the world".

Back