Who is Lomachenko of kickboxing/muaythai?

Other than Petrosyan, which would be a popular choice probably.

Saenchai is nothing like Lomachenko. He doesn't have footworks like that at all

they can't even come up with another boxer like him and you expect us to come up with a kickboxer like him? Saenchai doesn't move like him but when it comes to defense, offense, and just outclassing his opponents while doing it in multiple weightclasses then yes Saenchai.

they can't even come up with another boxer like him and you expect us to come up with a kickboxer like him? Saenchai doesn't move like him but when it comes to defense, offense, and just outclassing his opponents while doing it in multiple weightclasses then yes Saenchai.

Like there's nothing remotely similar between them though, like it's like comparing apes and whales

yet you compare him to Petro?

I can see it. Cerebral fighters, good upper body movement, well balanced, get angles on guys

Saenchai i guess can have same thing said about him, but just vibe totally different

I can see it. Cerebral fighters, good upper body movement, well balanced, get angles on guys

Saenchai i guess can have same thing said about him, but just vibe totally different
I just look at Petro more as a counter fighter

Muaythai has too man styles and a bit hard to compare it to boxing when the sport includes throws, sweeps, clinching, elbows etc.

Better to use kickboxing and I'd say Petchpanomrung is Lomachenko. Same height and everything.

A slick trickster, that uses off angles to frustrate his opponent and to set up bigger shots, known to "revolutionize" the game and multiple weight class champion.

ih21Jqn.gif

tlAFU87.gif

There is barely anyone in boxing that has the exact movement that Loma has, why should there be one like him in kickboxing? You can't possible find anyone that fits the describtion "Loma of Kickfighting" more than Saenchai.

Last edited:
Because he's fighting in Muay Thai not Boxing of course he wouldn't move exactly like him, genius. Why ask the question with impossible standards?

Saenchai would clearly be the correct answer imo. Highly skilled, a great athlete and just a complete unique freak of nature, just like Loma.

Of course he doesn't fight like Loma, but if the question is, 'who fights very similarly to Loma'? Then the answer would obviously be no-one. That would also be quite the ridiculous criteria considering we're talking about two different sports.

Yeah and who fights similar to Saenchai? No one. They're both unique but Saenchai one of the GOATS, Lomachenko is amazing but not near GOAT status in boxing.

Based on footwork i'd say Petrosyan is closer to Lomachenko than Saenchai is though. Loma and Petrosyan have a calculated very advanced footwork that has probably been drilled endless times.

Saenchai just has an extremely high fight IQ, he doesn't need to practise all those footwork drills. It probably came naturally from sparring and fighting. I don't think his angles what wins him his fights either. Sam-A probably had a more refined footwork for muay thai and it probably played a bigger role in his fights.

Last edited:

MT footwork is not boxing footwork, so its hard to compare the two. its apples to oranges, Saenchai is as close as its going to get to say the "lomachenko" of MT.

Lomachenko is a boxing god.

Saenchai is a muay thai god.

Petrosyan is a kickboxing god.

GSP is a MMA god.

Ibrahim el Bouni. Too fast for his weight class, and knocks everyone out with his sharp striking.

Back