Who is Happy with the UFC 230 Main Event?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Are thee?

I do like Dustin Poirier, and Nate Diaz, too. But as a main event, for a card that is pretty stacked?

This card would be great with a strong header. But a card can only go so far with a subpar main event for a strong card imo. Jon Jones, Gustafsson vs OSP.. anything that has a reasonable name, not Dustin Poirier vs a guy who has been inactive for two years/a guy who is nowhere near a title shot vs a guy who is essentially on the cusp.

Thoughts?

The whole card is fucking stacked bruh

How can any fan not be excited for this ?

They haven’t announced the main event and likely won’t until UFC 229.

Although, I would be fine with Nate vs Poirier as the main event.

Nate vs Doostin should be 5 rounds. It would be a war. I don't know why they don't make it. Not every PPV main event has to be a title fight.

In fact I would rather see an awesome JUST BLEED fight between high ranked fighters as main event than another boring ass title fight from MM or some other boring champ.

its ok but i wish they didnt stack it so much where other cards are crappy

They probably did it so when it does low #'s Diaz can stop acting like he's the greatest thing to ever happen to MMA.

Its not the main event, however I love Poirier and he is super fun and exciting to watch, I always been a fan of him since I first saw him in WEC. I hope gets a title shot after he smashes Nate

Nate vs Doostin should be 5 rounds. It would be a war. I don't know why they don't make it. Not every PPV main event has to be a title fight.

In fact I would rather see an awesome JUST BLEED fight between high ranked fighters as main event than another boring ass title fight from MM or some other boring champ.

Luckily we have Mr Exciting, Henry Cejudo now instead...just don't trust that guy with your gold. He seems to have bad luck with anything made of gold. lol

Gonna guess Holloway v Ortega for 145lb title.

It makes sense, and Dana recently commented "Max is ok to fight now" (or something similar to that).
Given that JJ vs Shev is another event, and Dana said "nope not Jon Jones" I think Max vs Brian might be the UFC230 Main Event.
(Dana will need one or two featherweight back-ups though..... for sure)

How about one ranked fighter and a Journeyman? Because that's what Porier vs Diaz is.

Nate-Poirier is the real main event. If Dana has any common sense he will make it 5 rounds.

They probably did it so when it does low #'s Diaz can stop acting like he's the greatest thing to ever happen to MMA.

If it does ME the card it will more than likely be the 2nd highest seller of the year.

If it does ME the card it will more than likely be the 2nd highest seller of the year.

Yea I don't believe it. I don't think Diaz is that popular he never has been. This idea that he's now that popular because of Connor is stupid and there is really nothing to prove it other than people's belief.

Umm, i disagree. With how watered down card are nowadays, every PPV should have a title fight. But it doesn't need to be the main event. I would be fine with nate vs dustin being a 5 round main event and have cyborg vs nunes be co main.

Yea I don't believe it. I don't think Diaz is that popular he never has been. This idea that he's now that popular because of Connor is stupid and there is really nothing to prove it other than people's belief.

He's well known among casuals now and easily marketed to them plus he is very popular among hardcores and always has been one of the more popular fighters. Look at he's free cards he's headlined, they are all among the highest rated there has been.

If its not #2 what do you think is? I don't recall any big sellers this year.

He's well known among casuals now and easily marketed to them plus he is very popular among hardcores and always has been one of the more popular fighters. Look at he's free cards he's headlined, they are all among the highest rated there has been.

If its not #2 what do you think is? I don't recall any big sellers this year.

I don't know who #2 is right now. Maybe Jones once he comes back. Everyone else seems to do around the same amount of buys give or take.

There are 14 Champions. They can at least put one title fight per ppv (even if it does get canceled). Thankfully this is not the main event. I'm not here just for exciting fights, I could see that in any random promotion or any free card, I'm here to watch the best.

Back