Who is greater Jon Jones or Daniel Cormier

JJ vs DC

• Total voters
The miasma of controversy is too thick around Jon at this stage.

However, the book is not yet written on his career. Jon still has time to emerge out in front as the greatest ever.

No asterisks next to Cormier's name, and he didn't huddle in fear below a desk when the HW chatter came knocking.
You are a mod. Please stick to facts and resist the urge to troll.

You are a mod. Please stick to facts and resist the urge to troll.
You are not a mod. Remind yourself of the rules instructing you not to play one.

In what way am I playing a mod?
...because you just issued a directive for me not to troll the thread?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Oh
I’m not

I see.
Do you always soil your panties at satire this lighthearted?

Put down the blow, Jon. Maybe lose the needles while you're at it.

Lol
I asked you to refrain from it.

Politely I might add.

And I’m still being polite, while you are being the opposite.

Really makes you think.

Talking about soiling panties while representing this site on staff is not exactly being professional to modship. Have some class and talk about the topic at hand.

Back on topic, I would say DC is really close but again I give the nod to Jon based on his strength of opponents and all of his UFC belts.

Lol
I asked you to refrain from it.

Politely I might add.

And I’m still being polite, while you are being the opposite.

Really makes you think.
Makes me think you're a Millennial.

I bet the pregnant woman that Jones hit & run while high as a kite on cocaine and booze would have liked a safe space this deep.

qCw2Vic.jpg

Talking about soiling panties while representing this site on staff is not exactly being professional to modship. Have some class and talk about the topic at hand.

Back on topic, I would say DC is really close but again I give the nod to Jon based on his strength of opponents and all of his UFC belts.
Oh, look, more posturing. Let me guess which guy you voted for...

still using "retarded" in 2018.

You deserve a yellow card.

I bet the pregnant woman that Jones hit & run while high as a kite on cocaine and booze would have liked a safe space this deep.

qCw2Vic.jpg
Now you’re trying, apparently, to bait me into a flame war with you. Seriously. This is surely beneath you.

I’ve seen some very impressive arguments for DC in this thread though. I tend to agree with you.

Losing twice to one of the greats does not diminish your GOAT status.

dc-ufc-226.jpeg

qCw2Vic.jpg

Listen up bud, this thread is not about morals, take away your feelings and discuss the topic at hand objectively rather then try to derail this thread to talk about Jones’ bad morals.

This is simply about who’s career is better.

I’m not sure what agenda you intend on having here just know that now I am fully aware of your intentions here bud.

still using "retarded" in 2018.

You deserve a yellow card.

Now you’re trying, apparently, to bait me into a flame war with you. Seriously. This is surely beneath you.

I’ve seen some very impressive arguments for DC in this thread though. I tend to agree with you.
Listen up bud, this thread is not about morals, take away your feelings and discuss the topic at hand objectively rather then try to derail this thread to talk about Jones’ bad morals.

This is simply about who’s career is better.

I’m not sure what agenda you intend on having here just know that now I am fully aware of your intentions here bud.
I have no desire to card anyone, and you are the one who instigated the derail, here. My argument was simple, and now I'm being sucked into the who's-more-offended Olympics. You choose to be offended.

The gist of my argument was clear and simple with a touch of humor sprinkled in. Cormier isn't a cheater, and he holds two weight class belts simultaneously; one with a reign approaching historic levels, especially if you remove those asterisk bouts, and another with a title defense (buttressed by a history that had him meaningfully in the Top 5).

Now, please resist the urge to think have the authority to police me.

The one that doesn't need PEDs and constant cheating/eyepoking to win.

qCw2Vic.jpg

Why are you bringing politics and ageism BS to Sherdog?

I have no desire to card anyone, and you are the one who instigated the derail, here. My argument was simple, and now I'm being sucked into the who's-more-offended Olympics. You choose to be offended.

The gist of my argument was clear and simple with a touch of humor sprinkled in. Cormier isn't a cheater, and he holds two weight class belts simultaneously; one with a reign approaching historic levels, especially if you remove those asterisk bouts, and another with a title defense (buttressed by a history that had him meaningfully in the Top 5).

Now, please resist the urge to think have the authority to police me.

I’m not offended by anything. So I’m not sure why you quoted me. You should reread the interaction, because apparently you don’t actually realize what transpired despite being there.

I asked you not to troll. It was a polite request. You’re now going back and forth because you felt as though your fake online authority was challenged. Believe me, I do not care enough about your blue name to challenge it. Its not my thing. Now you’re firing around insults, apparently for shits and grins. But I am not offended. It is just a reflection of your character.

Thank you for your middle paragraph, it is an appreciated addition to the thread.
It’s not a particularly novel, strong or well written argument, but again thank you for your contribution, bud.

Why are you bringing politics and ageism BS to Sherdog?
Because I wasn't the one who took this conversation to a meta-level, and I have no appetite for the theater of the victim Olympics being staged, here.
I’m not offended by anything. So I’m not sure why you quoted me. You should reread the interaction, because apparently you don’t actually realize what transpired despite being there.

I asked you not to troll. It was a polite request. You’re now going back and forth because you felt as though your fake online authority was challenged. Believe me, I do not care enough about your blue name to challenge it. Its not my thing. Now you’re firing around insults, apparently for shits and grins. But I am not offended. It is just a reflection of your character.

Thank you for your middle paragraph, it is an appreciated addition to the thread.
It’s not a particularly novel, strong or well written argument, but again thank you for your contribution, bud.
That's the issue. I wasn't trolling. You took it upon yourself to exert that judgment, and to reprimand me when you do not have that authority. I was making a lighthearted reference to weight class, and I just explained that. You didn't care to ask what my comment even intended before you cast your accusation, did you?

There was discussion of Jones moving up for years, and Jones always rebuffed it, which was sensible, given that there was less to be gained by staying at a handicap weight class (LHW) and notching a GOAT status versus inheriting the risk of getting blasted by bigger men. It was also an oblique reference to historical quotes by Jones indicating he, 'Wouldn't want to get in a fight with my brothers in an elevator.'

If there is a touch of acid on my tongue it's because hardcore, longtime fans like myself with a working knowledge of endocrinology have had to suffer cheating fighters getting away with bullshit like the TRT scam for years. I'm tired of athletes like Serena getting away with refusing tests while agents camp out to no avail in spite of the rules, or hiding in her panic room, and I despise that the athletic commission failed Cormier with the slap on the wrist for Jones.

I mean you no injury, but you appear determined to be injured.

You want substance? Educate yourself on how deep this corruption has run. This is the game being played everywhere, now:

p13771520_v_v8_aa.jpg

If Cormier had never run into Jones, it'd be him. He has a better record - winning the stacked SF HW GP, success in 2 divisions, wins over Stipe, Rumble, Gus, Barnett, Anderson, Hendo, Bigfoot and Mir.

But...0-2.

Because I wasn't the one who took this conversation to a meta-level, and I have no appetite for the theater of the victim Olympics being staged, here.

That's the issue. I wasn't trolling. You took it upon yourself to exert that judgment, and to reprimand me when you do not have that authority. I was making a lighthearted reference to weight class, and I just explained that. You didn't care to ask what my comment even intended before you cast your accusation, did you?

There was discussion of Jones moving up for years, and Jones always rebuffed it, which was sensible, given that there was less to be gained by staying at a handicap weight class (LHW) and notching a GOAT status versus inheriting the risk of getting blasted by bigger men. It was also an oblique reference to historical quotes by Jones indicating he, 'Wouldn't want to get in a fight with my brothers in an elevator.'

If there is a touch of acid on my tongue it's because hardcore, longtime fans like myself with a working knowledge of endocrinology have had to suffer cheating fighters getting away with bullshit like the TRT scam for years. I'm tired of athletes like Serena getting away with refusing tests while agents camp out to no avail in spite of the rules, or hiding in her panic room, and I despise that the athletic commission failed Cormier with the slap on the wrist for Jones.

I mean you no injury, but you appear determined to be injured.

You want substance? Educate yourself on how deep this corruption has run. This is the game being played everywhere, now:

p13771520_v_v8_aa.jpg

What are you talking about? Everyone was having reasonable discussions in this thread till you showed up and started acting weird.

Back